Yeah They can get hurt pretty easy too if you've got wires on the ground or anything. Not the smartest of animals I wanted to get 1 or 2 a little while back, but my parents are so anti... everything... I wasn't allowed to. Guess I'm just waiting for my own place 1 dog, 2 ferrets
    Yeah, they can. Luckily mine don't chew on wires but one (Holly) likes to chew on the buttons of the remote. They tend to have a lot of health problems as they get older too, which is what I think happened with Buddy. He was older than we were told and had something the vet was too incompetent too diagnose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 03:20 PM
    Yeah, they can. Luckily mine don't chew on wires but one (Holly) likes to chew on the buttons of the remote. They tend to have a lot of health problems as they get older too, which is what I think happened with Buddy. He was older than we were told and had something the vet was too incompetent too diagnose.

Nice pics Yeah, sometimes it's best just to see what happens. Vet bills can be so expensive. And alot of the times you still get landed with a huge bill, even if the animal doesn't make it We've had some people around here spend 1000's on surgery for their dogs. I know how much people love them, but a 13 year old dog doesn't have much left in him. I wouldn't put my pet through it.
    09-23-09 04:06 PM
    Nice pics Yeah, sometimes it's best just to see what happens. Vet bills can be so expensive. And alot of the times you still get landed with a huge bill, even if the animal doesn't make it We've had some people around here spend 1000's on surgery for their dogs. I know how much people love them, but a 13 year old dog doesn't have much left in him. I wouldn't put my pet through it.
    Thanks. Yeah they can be. It can cost a lot just for a yearly visit too. It would have been nice to at least know what was wrong with him even if we couldn't afford the treatment. All of the symptoms pointed to possibly two things and a simple blood test could have figured out which one but the vet couldn't be bothered

09-23-09 04:52 PM
    Thanks. Yeah they can be. It can cost a lot just for a yearly visit too. It would have been nice to at least know what was wrong with him even if we couldn't afford the treatment. All of the symptoms pointed to possibly two things and a simple blood test could have figured out which one but the vet couldn't be bothered

We had an animal last year. Ugliest looking thing in the world, but my mom loved it.

They're called Skinny Pigs. It was sick for a while, and we got up one morning and it was coughing or something... Could tell it wasn't doing well. We call the vet and say we need to have somebody look at it, and they had us make an appointment. Yup. Can't make somebody wait an extra 10 minutes for their dog to get a rabbies shot... So Hubert(the skinny pig) died while we were waiting for the appointment. Nobody gives a crap. It's just a job... I thought people who got into that were supposed to have a love for animals
    09-23-09 05:02 PM
    We had an animal last year. Ugliest looking thing in the world, but my mom loved it.

They're called Skinny Pigs. It was sick for a while, and we got up one morning and it was coughing or something... Could tell it wasn't doing well. We call the vet and say we need to have somebody look at it, and they had us make an appointment. Yup. Can't make somebody wait an extra 10 minutes for their dog to get a rabbies shot... So Hubert(the skinny pig) died while we were waiting for the appointment. Nobody gives a crap. It's just a job... I thought people who got into that were supposed to have a love for animals
    Are they related to guinea pigs? That's when you just show up saying its an emergency. They usually won't turn you away then.. That's what I always thought too but its rare to find a vet these days that actually cares about the animals more than the money.

09-23-09 05:24 PM
    I've had pretty decent luck with vets, had a couple that were just great.

But it takes time finding the good ones.

09-23-09 05:33 PM
    awwww Kasi Little One and Holly are soo cute! And BRAD, that skinny pig, Hubert, is just adorable too!

09-23-09 06:10 PM
    and you are right BK , its takes a bit to find a good vet for sure!

09-23-09 06:11 PM
    Yeah. There is alot of money to be made in it. And it's understandable you're not going to love somebody elses pet as much as they do... But atleast you could look like you give a crap. Might make me more willing to come back.

That picture was just pulled off of Google. I might have some pics though... Nope no pics. It basically looked the same as the pic I posted except it had white hairs and black skin. Still ugly as heck though
    09-23-09 06:15 PM
    awwww Kasi Little One and Holly are soo cute! And BRAD, that skinny pig, Hubert, is just adorable too!

What is it with girls? Every girl that sees those things "Oh it's so cute" No It's probably the only animal in existance that has kankles It's bald except for hair on its feet and nose... If you saw one of those walking around outside you'd probably scream
    09-23-09 06:18 PM
    I've had pretty decent luck with vets, had a couple that were just great.

But it takes time finding the good ones.

The vet that I usually go to is pretty decent. My parents always took our pets there when I was a kid and it is where I originally took the ferrets. However at the time that Buddy was ill I had to find somewhere less expensive because of finances.

That's actually Buddy & Holly. They're old pictures. Little One hates having her picture taken. Buddy used to pose whenever he saw the camera and Holly still does but Little One sees it and hides. The only way I can get pictures of her is if she is sleeping or just woke up.

09-23-09 06:35 PM
    awww! They are too cute Kasi!

BRAD -im prob just about the only girl that doesn't run from rats or mice or moles for that fact-ive handled them-i used to feed rats to my python I had yrs ago. It really doesn't bother me. And yes, the skiiny pig does look cute!

09-23-09 06:40 PM
    Hey guys, great picks. I'm a serious ferret lover, and the hipporodent looks cool. I think Vets are like any other profession, really good ones that care are hard to find, but well worth the look.

Now kaka, what was that earlier about my old slurpee collection? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? Teeheehee!

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge
    09-23-09 06:54 PM
    Jim please stop ignoring me about what I said earlier. If anything ticks me off more, is when someone ignores me on purpose. If you don't want to talk about it here fine, BBM me but I deserve an answer on wtf that was about.

09-23-09 07:09 PM
    i need a beer or 6
    09-23-09 07:28 PM
    Hey guys, great picks. I'm a serious ferret lover, and the hipporodent looks cool. I think Vets are like any other profession, really good ones that care are hard to find, but well worth the look.

Now kaka, what was that earlier about my old slurpee collection? Hmmmmmmmmmmm? Teeheehee!

Those cups are old!

09-23-09 07:46 PM
    hi everyone! Just stopping bye to say nightey-night! Bite the bed bugs

09-23-09 08:39 PM
    good night mom!
    09-23-09 08:40 PM
    nightey night chaddy!

09-23-09 08:44 PM
    Jim please stop ignoring me about what I said earlier. If anything ticks me off more, is when someone ignores me on purpose. If you don't want to talk about it here fine, BBM me but I deserve an answer on wtf that was about.

Shilah , you need to realize that I ignore noone on purpose. I didn't see the post, I just checked the last page when I made a quick stop earlier. So I just saw your post.

So, in answer to your question. I consider you to be a friend, and sometimes a friend has to step up and call you on your BS. I did, more out of sarcasm than with a mean intent. Plain and simple.

I was kinda ticked myself, because you're so daggone hard-headed it is maddening sometimes. You suffer unnecessarily, when you need to find out what is really wrong. We care enough to call you on it.

As for dieting, and going hungry, you said yourself the only reason you eat was to quiet your stomach. Diets don't last, and they set you up for bigger failures as you get older. You're a young woman, not a yo-yo, and you're notFAT! . So there!

I care about it enough to make you mad at me rather than letting you keep taking it out on yourself. Yes, I have a bast*rd streak, sometimes.

And as to BBM, you disappeared off of my BBM list several weeks ago, seemingly about the time you were mad about something else altogether. I have no idea what happened, I thought it could also be related to your attempts to do an update. I let it slide until another day, because I am patient. I didn't delete you. And I wasn't ignoring you.

09-23-09 08:46 PM
    Those cups are old!
    Yep, so's what's in them.

09-23-09 08:52 PM
    Goodnight Mom!

:::: finally bothers to pour Chadski a beer, makes it two ::::

Sorry Chadski.

09-23-09 08:59 PM
    thats okay wolfy
    09-23-09 09:05 PM
    thats okay wolfy
    Thanks Chadski, been a little distracted by shiny things this evening.

09-23-09 09:25 PM
    *hears the sound of beer being poured and sticks his head in the door*

Hi guys !

09-23-09 09:26 PM
86,775 ... 20632064206520662067 ...