Hi all. BigBadWulf mentioned the place, figured I'd pop in for a cognac and say hello.

Hello.

Don't have anything really exciting to share... other than my plans to remove all the lug-nuts from my neighbors car, then put the hubcaps back on, was accomplished without a hitch.

*sip*
    Ahhh.
    That's the good stuff.

Nice digs here, I must say. That fireplace hearth must be especially cozy during the colder months. I see BBW spared no expense, with the gold-plated ceiling fans and that new Beer-Robot.
    Bravo.
    09-16-09 03:37 PM
    Hello DC! Glad you could stop in. Been a busy morning, and now it appears everyone is in lurk mode. Cognac sounds great, but don't you be, please don't you be, my neighbor.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 04:01 PM
    Hi all. BigBadWulf mentioned the place, figured I'd pop in for a cognac and say hello.

Hello.

Don't have anything really exciting to share... other than my plans to remove all the lug-nuts from my neighbors car, then put the hubcaps back on, was accomplished without a hitch.

*sip*
    Ahhh.
    That's the good stuff.

Nice digs here, I must say. That fireplace hearth must be especially cozy during the colder months. I see BBW spared no expense, with the gold-plated ceiling fans and that new Beer-Robot.
    Bravo.
    Do you do brakes?

09-16-09 05:08 PM
    yea BBW did a heck of on a job on this place, disco night is great around here!
    09-16-09 05:15 PM
    yea BBW did a heck of on a job on this place, disco night is great around here!
    Of course tonight is dirty dancing night, due to the Demoral.

09-16-09 05:16 PM
    woohoo dirty dancing!
    09-16-09 05:20 PM
    Mike I'll read the article, but protecting the insurance companies wasn't even on my radar, and do you really want to use that term for me? It's migration to a single government healthcare system I fear, and I doubt you'll convince me otherwise.

Sorry I posted that Ed and took off. I got busy at work. I wasn't really talking to you. You'll listen to reason. I agree with a lot of things in the google search. I also believe that the insurance companies are just as guilty for rising costs. A large percentage of our health care dollars go to their overhead - and pay for PR firms to use regular people to do their work. Sure some regulations raise prices, but many of them save lives, too.
    We were told malpractice was behind the high costs in Colorado so we passed caps and limits on lawsuits and now only a tiny number of suits are filed here but rates have not gone down. Hmmmm, something's doesn't add up. Anyway the essay is about a former insurance executive who was ashamed of himself for his part in the PR campaign.

09-16-09 05:53 PM
    I was wondering why there was an office chair in the middle of the dance floor, with a chain and a water tank above it.

Mmm. Still unsure about the jacuzzi full of whipped-cream and PEZ though.

*sip*
    09-16-09 05:57 PM
    just wait til wolfy is done with the "VIP" area....
    09-16-09 06:02 PM
    Chair in the dance floor!! That must be why I keep falling down on my way to the head. Couldn't have anything to do with mixing alcohol and demerol.

09-16-09 06:04 PM
    I was wondering why there was an office chair in the middle of the dance floor, with a chain and a water tank above it.

Mmm. Still unsure about the jacuzzi full of whipped-cream and PEZ though.

*sip*
    Oh come on DC, the whipped cream is obvious. The PEZ, well you'll just have to wait and see what those are for.

Mike there's a lot of guilt to spread around with healthcare costs. Some being simply advances in medical care itself. I'll pay more, and not turn back the clock anyday. I figured you knew me better, but I was the first one to stumble onto your post, and thought at least one counter point should be made. We both have a strong working knowledge of the inner workings, our youthful contributors don't have our insite yet. We should continue this for them, if nothing else. You know how much I enjoy it.

09-16-09 06:10 PM
    just wait til wolfy is done with the "VIP" area....
    *place where Satan has coed showers, but no one can take their clothes off*, DC hasn't even seen the backroom where we keep the dancing girls locked up yet.

09-16-09 06:14 PM
    Lol. Ok,- I'll have to wrap my brain around that one for a bit, Wulf...
    But if there's dirty dancin' to be done, I'm going to have to run back home and get my panda bear costume.
    09-16-09 06:16 PM
    Mike, we've not really had long interactions about subjects like what you posted, but sometimes , I think you totally misinterpret my point of view. One day, we need to address that.

And if you think I support corruption at any level, you've misread me.
    And to me, corrupt business is bad, but corrupt government is far worse.

09-16-09 06:37 PM
    Lol. Ok,- I'll have to wrap my brain around that one for a bit, Wulf...
    But if there's dirty dancin' to be done, I'm going to have to run back home and get my panda bear costume.
    You have either been doing some heavy lurking, or by chance struck upon the perfect outfit. Either way, !

09-16-09 06:43 PM
    Ello ya'll!, don't mind me I'm a just a lurkin around!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-16-09 06:50 PM
    Evenin', Tripster.
    While you're here you have GOT to try the new carmelized chicken wings BBW just put out on the bar.
    To die for.

Oh, and dirty dancing later tonight. I have it on good authority that there's a secret backroom where they keep the dancing girls who'll get pretty crazy for a buck, or scraps of food.
    Should be sweeet.
    09-16-09 07:02 PM
    If we all put on panda costumes and showed up at shi's door, would she be happy or really freaked out?

09-16-09 07:02 PM
    If we all put on panda costumes and showed up at shi's door, would she be happy or really freaked out?
    Well... considering she's already both...

Evening ! I told you Vicofen, alcohol and Demoral were not a good mix. It always starts with hybrid elephants, but where it goes from there, no ones ever returned to tell.

09-16-09 07:08 PM
    It would be total panda-monium! Sounds like a riot. Let's do that. But where will we get all the bamboo we'd need?

09-16-09 07:08 PM
    I posted the article because it goes a ways toward confirming some of what I think. I'm a manager and not covered under a contract anymore, but I live under the benefit provisions of my staff and we all notice many of the things the executive talks about are true. There was a time when negotiations were about increasing benefits in good times. But for the last decade ours and most worker's, union and non-union have struggled to minimize the give-backs, even in the boom times of the last decade. We keep seeing deductibles and copays rising while employer percentages keep dropping and insurance profits keep rising. Something is out of balance. I'm just saying the traditional scapegoat may not be to blame. I didn't mean to paint anyone with a broad brush, especially you Jim. I wanted us all to think about what is really going on and to not presume something based on ideology. With that I should apologize for such a heavy conversation in a bar! Someone please pour me a shot of 100 proof Rumplemintz to go with my beer!

09-16-09 07:11 PM
    Evenin', Tripster.
    While you're here you have GOT to try the new carmelized chicken wings BBW just put out on the bar.
    To die for.

Oh, and dirty dancing later tonight. I have it on good authority that there's a secret backroom where they keep the dancing girls who'll get pretty crazy for a buck, or scraps of food.
    Should be sweeet.
    Ello DC, sounds good those wings do! Dirty dancin, I don't know what ya speak of this secret backroom with dancin girls?

Well... considering she's already both...

Evening ! I told you Vicofen, alcohol and Demoral were not a good mix. It always starts with hybrid elephants, but where it goes from there, no ones ever returned to tell.

I am seein a lot of hybrid elephants lately! Lmfao!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-16-09 07:14 PM
    Evening Sandy! I trust this isn't a drive-by this time.

Mike haven't we always mixed heavy conversation with light hearted revelry around here? I think they mix quite well.

09-16-09 07:23 PM
    Please make these FB issue threads STOP!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-16-09 07:26 PM
    Yes, not a driveby this time. I'm out of ammo. I'll just use threatening glances this time instead.

09-16-09 07:31 PM
86,775 ... 19941995199619971998 ...