Write Catey. Write some stories, you should have some good stories from the kids. You have a good style already. IMO anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 10:41 PM
    Sounds like you found comm/journalism to be quite the bore, cate? That's gotta be rough.

But how do you say you're a bore when you get this kind of response?

09-07-09 10:42 PM
    Sounds like a Coney-bunload of fun, I've been there and done that before, not the most fun way to spend a day.

Its going to be a very stressful day, luckily my friend was the first cop to arrive at the scene and kept my wound on my head from bleeding out to much.

09-07-09 10:42 PM
    I've been the first on the scene plenty of times. I've comforted and restrained more injuref people than you'd care to see. I call you most fortunate with a head injury to be alive, much less reasonably coherent.
    My oldest girl finally realized how deadly serious my job gets after coming upon an accident involving a Hyundai and a semi. There were five young men in the car, hit a reefer's tank, and the car caught fire. None escaped the conflagration as the trailer burned and the load collapsed in on them.

My daughter gagged at the scent, as the smoke drifted over to where we were sitting, and asked what it was.

"Roasted human beings", I told her.

Changed her whole outlook on driving safely.

09-07-09 10:51 PM
    I've been the first on the scene plenty of times. I've comforted and restrained more injured people than you'd care to see. I call you most fortunate with a head injury to be alive, much less reasonably coherent.
    My oldest girl finally realized how deadly serious my job gets after coming upon an accident involving a Hyundai and a semi. There were five young men in the car, hit a reefer's tank, and the car caught fire. None escaped the conflagration as the trailer burned and the load collapsed in on them.

My daughter gagged at the scent, as the smoke drifted over to where we were sitting, and asked what it was.

"Roasted human beings", I told her.

Changed her whole outlook on driving safely.

After I woke up from being unconscious for 10+ minutes the paramedics were surprised how alert I was and I was being nice to them and not freaking out.

When I got to the hospital the doctors were speechless on how alert I was and being considerate towards all staff. They were telling me that they couldn't believe I wasn't dead/brain dead/had any broken bones/and etc injuries.

09-07-09 10:59 PM
    i should do some freelance writing, huh? first mission for mikey: find me a site/company that's "hiring". kthx. =)
    09-07-09 11:05 PM
    Alrighty ya'll'z, be back laterz. Take very good care ya'll! I shall return shortly, just chattin with a friend who needs support at the moment.

09-07-09 11:10 PM
    Teeheehee! Good man, and what do you think of this for your name?

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Hey Wolfy, what ever happened to your plates?

[/QUOTE]

hey losers!
    09-07-09 11:19 PM
    7 more hours left
    09-07-09 11:19 PM
    7 more hours left
    Ouch.... That bites man
    09-07-09 11:22 PM
    7 more hours left
    That's about the time I get up to start work again, oh, fun!

09-07-09 11:26 PM
    After I woke up from being unconscious for 10+ minutes the paramedics were surprised how alert I was and I was being nice to them and not freaking out.

When I got to the hospital the doctors were speechless on how alert I was and being considerate towards all staff. They were telling me that they couldn't believe I wasn't dead/brain dead/had any broken bones/and etc injuries.

Yeah, the being polite to medical personnel saved my life last year. Had I not been so polite to staff, the young nurse that found I'd stopped breathing wouldn't have even come in the room. As it was, they were surprised I came back so well after being down as long as I was.

09-07-09 11:29 PM
    I know, it's always easy to give advice. I could probably find you something - at least a lead on something - if you want a change.

09-07-09 11:32 PM
    I dont feel all that great still ughh hi tbl
    09-07-09 11:35 PM
    I know, it's always easy to give advice. I could probably find you something - at least a lead on something - if you want a change.

i do, i do i do i do.
    09-07-09 11:36 PM
    id love a change too, but i cant afford it right at the current moment
    09-07-09 11:43 PM
    *hugs shi* hi !!!!!! how you doin? other then extremly hung over hehe
    09-07-09 11:43 PM
    You could maybe consider compiling some short stories, kids books or whatever and check out some of these print on demand companies that are out, Cate. Might not be big for profit but get your name out there as a writer and so forth. Someone I work with did that, and didn't seem to have been a terrible experience, although she's still working here, so evidently things haven't quite taken off as yet.

Not feeling well Shi? That's not so much fun, was it the drinkin' or other?

Yikes, berger, that's a scary thought that something like it may have gone unnoticed.

Hopefully you win a huge settlement Trip. Get that sort of thing in the news and maybe people will stop driving distracted, which can be just as bad as driving drunk.

09-07-09 11:48 PM
    *hugs shi* hi !!!!!! how you doin? other then extremly hung over hehe
    please dont squeeze to hard I might puke.
    09-07-09 11:49 PM
    i still want to work with at-risk youth, but i'd love to write for an online publication of some sort.
    09-07-09 11:50 PM
    You could maybe consider compiling some short stories, kids books or whatever and check out some of these print on demand companies that are out, Cate. Might not be big for profit but get your name out there as a writer and so forth. Someone I work with did that, and didn't seem to have been a terrible experience, although she's still working here, so evidently things haven't quite taken off as yet.

Not feeling well Shi? That's not so much fun, was it the drinkin' or other?

Yikes, berger, that's a scary thought that something like it may have gone unnoticed.

Hopefully you win a huge settlement Trip. Get that sort of thing in the news and maybe people will stop driving distracted, which can be just as bad as driving drunk.

No its not and I have to work. I'll feel better in a while today is a holiday so no paperwork!!!
    09-07-09 11:50 PM
    Hooray for no paperwork! Oops, sorry, will lower my voice a bit. .

I am *so* thankful I don't get hangovers, even from straight up bourbon.

09-07-09 11:53 PM
    Hooray for no paperwork! Oops, sorry, will lower my voice a bit. .

I am *so* thankful I don't get hangovers, even from straight up bourbon.

I dont have a headache just my stomach hurts is the only thing thats bothering me and I could prbly go back to sleep.
    09-07-09 11:55 PM
    I dont have a headache just my stomach hurts is the only thing thats bothering me and I could prbly go back to sleep.
    Sleep is always good. Find a good hiding place and take a quick nap. We'll keep watch so they don't find you. Haha

09-07-09 11:56 PM
    Sleep is always good. Find a good hiding place and take a quick nap. We'll keep watch so they don't find you. Haha

I crashed at noon I think and didnt move untill my alarm woke me up to go to work. Thats the only good thing about alcohol is I actually sleep without waking up every 2 hours.
    09-08-09 12:00 AM
86,775 ... 19211922192319241925 ...