Awww Catey, that's terrible - I know tooth pain is about the worst in the world. Good luck getting it pulled. Hopefully it won't cost too much to get a bridge or implant. Mine's going to be 1200 - and that's 50%! Every time I get close to having it saved, something comes up. I'm going to have to cash in a CD or something it seems.

That's a big pain to get a USB cord Kasi - they should have sent one in the box! You can try your provider's local store. I needed a micro USB cord in Las Vegas and Radio Shack didn't have it . But the guy helping me wasn't very knowledgeable. Those Car Toy stores that sell cell phones also usually have that stuff. I know T-Mobile and Verizon stores carry them too

Chad, it sounds like you could be having a connection problem. A good thing to do in a case like that is to register your device and then do a battery pull. I usually do the following:
    Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.
    Battery Pull: with the device on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, put it back in and let it reboot.

Good Luck all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 06:05 PM
    yep i tired everything in the book, but now the EV thing is in caps and its sending and receving data like crazy seems like, so ill let it go and see what happens
    08-17-09 06:19 PM
    I'm with Wulf Chad. That seems extreme. Do you have a backup file from when your device was working right? You could also try restoring that. Your device will register as part of the upgrade. I also recommend using CrackMem to upgrade. If you want to try that method, let me know and I'll pm helpful tips to you.

08-17-09 06:24 PM
    Hey Kasi. Not sure which model you have, but according to this RIM press release, the 8220 does take an sdhc card:

http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=1813

Thanks Brian. I have the 8220. That's good to know for in the future. I grabbed a regular micro SD card for now.

08-17-09 06:31 PM
    kaka that flip should take a 16MB.

Chadski WTF I can't believe you're having to wipe it again.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

I know. But all they had was micro SDHC except for in the 2gb and I didn't know if the phone could use those.

Awww Catey, that's terrible - I know tooth pain is about the worst in the world. Good luck getting it pulled. Hopefully it won't cost too much to get a bridge or implant. Mine's going to be 1200 - and that's 50%! Every time I get close to having it saved, something comes up. I'm going to have to cash in a CD or something it seems.

That's a big pain to get a USB cord Kasi - they should have sent one in the box! You can try your provider's local store. I needed a micro USB cord in Las Vegas and Radio Shack didn't have it . But the guy helping me wasn't very knowledgeable. Those Car Toy stores that sell cell phones also usually have that stuff. I know T-Mobile and Verizon stores carry them too

Chad, it sounds like you could be having a connection problem. A good thing to do in a case like that is to register your device and then do a battery pull. I usually do the following:
    Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.
    Battery Pull: with the device on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, put it back in and let it reboot.

Good Luck all!

If Radio Shack has that adapter thing then I'l be set. It isn't a regular usb like the Curve's. It's more flattened out. Luckily I only really needed 5 or 6 numbers out of my phone, and all I did was pop my SIM in and my BBM contacts were already there.

08-17-09 06:45 PM
    Yeah, it's the same one my 8900 uses. I think all future BlackBerrys are going to that style. The adapter thing does sound good if you have more than one BlackBerry.

08-17-09 06:49 PM
    If you want to order a larger one, checkout the $ here kaka:

Cell phone accessories, Mobile accessories - Motorola, Samsung, LG, Nokia, Nextel, Sony ericsson, Sanyo, Kyocera, Audiovox and Bluetooth

08-17-09 06:49 PM
    yea i dunno whats going on with my BB i tried everything, its almost like there is a RIM outage, but its just my phone
    08-17-09 06:52 PM
    Anything 4MB and above should be SDHC. That's what you're looking for. If you see a 4MB SD only, it will be cheap, but run far and fast.

The Keeper of the Beak of the Pouch

08-17-09 06:53 PM
    May be time for the wall upgrade Chadski. Just kidding. Maybe. Yes, yes I'm kidding. There must be something we're missing here. Did you check the TCP settings? Can you use the phone. Let's try to at least isolate it.

08-17-09 06:58 PM
    yes i can make phone calls, sms text, mms text, but i cannot bbm, or go on my web browser
    08-17-09 07:00 PM
    Did they go over your TCP settings with you? I don't know the right ones for VZW off the top of my head.

08-17-09 07:02 PM
    how do i check the tcp settings?
    08-17-09 07:03 PM
    Check your tcp!
    Yes ollie
    Enable cookies!
    Yes ollie
    Want this cat!
    No thanks ollie

Sorry had to throw some family guy in there

08-17-09 07:05 PM
    You'll need to look them up on the web. Do a google and you should find them. They are found in options, advanced options TCP.

08-17-09 07:06 PM
    Hi C! Perfect timing.

08-17-09 07:08 PM
    Check your tcp!
    Yes ollie
    Enable cookies!
    Yes ollie
    Want this cat!
    No thanks ollie

Sorry had to throw some family guy in there

hahahahahaha i love that episode
    Yeah, it's the same one my 8900 uses. I think all future BlackBerrys are going to that style. The adapter thing does sound good if you have more than one BlackBerry.

Ah. I don't like it. its the same one Steve's work phone uses too. He hates it because he has to carry around two different chargers all the time. Hopefully I can find that adapter for it.

If you want to order a larger one, checkout the $ here kaka:

Cell phone accessories, Mobile accessories - Motorola, Samsung, LG, Nokia, Nextel, Sony ericsson, Sanyo, Kyocera, Audiovox and Bluetooth

I'll take a look in a little bit. I'm about to take a nap for an hour. Walking to Walmart twice in a half hour in this heat really wiped me out.

Anything 4MB and above should be SDHC. That's what you're looking for. If you see a 4MB SD only, it will be cheap, but run far and fast.

The Keeper of the Beak of the Pouch

Ok. I wasn't sure what the difference was.

The difference is the SDHC is a high compression and higher speed chip. There are also different ratings for speed. Look in the how-to section, and you'll find all the specifics.

08-17-09 07:13 PM
    Chadski, I saw you, but it doesn't look like you're receiving.

08-17-09 07:19 PM
    The difference is the SDHC is a high compression and higher speed chip. There are also different ratings for speed. Look in the how-to section, and you'll find all the specifics.

Ah, ok. I would have grabbed the 4gb if I knew that. Oh well, the 2gb will do for now. I just wanted one a little bigger than the 1gb for this phone. The media player is a little better than the one on the Curve.

08-17-09 07:32 PM
    Kamakasi , what phone do you have now?

08-17-09 07:36 PM
    Yeah, I'm not sure what all the improvements are with the 4.6OS, but there should certainly be some noticeable ones. I think it will play more formats. Mike would know better. Step in now Mikey.

08-17-09 07:38 PM
    yea wolf it worked for a little bit, then it got AFU again
    08-17-09 07:38 PM
    Skully!

08-17-09 07:41 PM
86,775 ... 17071708170917101711 ...