Exactly the problem we're facing Kasi! Save every scrap of paper you get from them and print every email. Also, if they get really hard to deal with, ask for the number of the IRS advocate and call him/her for help. The Advocate's office is separate, but they have some power - and the collections poeple hate them, lol, because the Advocate can force them to accept a payment schedule. They are the only people on your side at the IRS. Since you're close to a big city, there will be an advocate close to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The thing is, they accepted the payment plan and are now saying that we haven't paid.

We have an accountant that is suppose to take care of all of this stuff but she moved to Arizona and when we call her about it all she says is "I can't do anything about it unless he gives me power of attorney" which he is more than willing to do.

08-17-09 01:55 PM
    That would definitely be cool, but no rush. Hey Jason, CNN just had a story on about Nevada's UMC medical center and how they had to discontinue outpatient cancer treatment. They showed the floor I went to to visit my brother at the hospital. Sad situation there - they pointed out that earning 8.65 an hour puts one over the income limit for state medical aid. It's better to be on welfare than trying to earn a living.
    WTF?! Are you serious???

How can the state of Nevada justify that decision? $8.65 is only $1.10 over minimum wage in Nevada. That should definitely qualify someone for Medicaid.

How is the state's decision going to affect your brother's healthcare? He still qualifies as being disabled right?
    08-17-09 02:05 PM
    This does sound like a case for the Advocate. We had an arrangement with the IRS office in Denver, but the Electronic payment office didn't have a record of it and were trying to force us to pay a second time - and they refused to research the matter, they said we had no choice but to do what they said. I then found out about the Advocate in a magazine article. I called them and my Advocate froze the pending actions and got it all straightened out.

08-17-09 02:07 PM
    Yes, he did qualify for Social Security disability. That starts in six months. His wife is older than him and is getting Social Security. That income puts them over the income limit for medicaid. It's looking like they'll have to get divorced to qualify him for medicaid. At least it's Nevada and easy to get divorced quickly - and time matters in his case.

08-17-09 02:11 PM
    Yes, he did qualify for Social Security disability. That starts in six months. His wife is older than him and is getting Social Security. That income puts them over the income limit for medicaid. It's looking like they'll have to get divorced to qualify him for medicaid. At least it's Nevada and easy to get divorced quickly - and time matters in his case.
    It's a tough decision, but a vital one. It shouldn't have to come to this though.
    08-17-09 02:13 PM
    Kasi, do you have docs to go? I have a file to send you.

08-17-09 02:25 PM
    Here Kasi, print this info,

Note: TAS is the Advocate's office. They do help, they solved my problem, and while they are working on your case, they freeze all collections.

IRS Advocate's Office
    Philidelphia info at the bottom.
    Who may use TAS??

You may request the free assistance from TAS if you:

tried to resolve a tax problem with the IRS and

are still experiencing delays or

are facing economic harm

The TAS

TAS is an independent organization within the IRS, led by the National Taxpayer Advocate (NTA). TAS helps individual and business taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS by:

Ensuring that taxpayer problems NOT resolved through normal IRS channels are promptly and impartially handled;

Assisting taxpayers who are facing hardships;

Identifying and bringing to the attention of IRS management issues that:

impact taxpayer rights

increase taxpayer burden or

otherwise create problems for taxpayers

Recommending administrative and legislative changes to Congress through the NTA�s Annual Report

Each state has at least one Local Taxpayer Advocate, who is independent of the local IRS office and reports directly to the NTA.

Qualification to request assistance

You may request the assistance of TAS if:

IRS actions prevent you from providing for necessities such as housing, transportation or food; or

you own a business and are unable to meet basic expenses such as payroll

How do I reach a taxpayer advocate??

Call the telephone number listed in the brochure for the TAS office nearest you;

Call the TAS toll-free phone number, 1-877-777-4778;

For TTY/TTD help call 1-800-829-4059;

File Form 911, Application for Taxpayer Assistance Order, with the ASe; or

Request that an IRS employee complete a Form 911 on your behalf (in person or over the phone).

Form 911 is available by phone at 1-800-829-3676, or on the IRS Internet web page at Internal Revenue Service. Fax or mail this form to one of the TAS offices.

Address and phone numbers may change over time, but the most current information is always available on the TAS home page of the IRS internet web site: Taxpayer Advocate Service. Fax numbers are also listed.

Correspondence should be sent to the: "Taxpayer Advocate Service, Internal Revenue Service". Street addresses should be used for correspondence sent by courier.
    What can I expect from the taxpayer advocate??
    Your assigned case advocate will:
    listen to your point of view
    work with you to address your concerns, and
    see your case through to an appropriate conclusion.
    You can expect your case advocate to give you:
    His or her name, phone number, and badge number;
    Courteous and confidential service;
    Timely acknowledgment;
    An impartial and independent review of your problem;

Time frames for action;
    Updates on progress; and
    Advice on how to prevent future federal tax problems.

What information should I provide to the taxpayer advocate??
    Your:
    name
    address, and
    social security number, or
    employer identification number

Your phone number and best times to call
    The type of tax return
    tax year(s) involved
    A description of your problem or hardship
    how you previously tried to resolve the problem, and
    the office(s) you contacted if you know them.

If you want to authorize another person to discuss or receive information about your case, send Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative, or Form 8821, Tax Information Authorization. You can get these forms at most local IRS offices, at the IRS web site, http://www.irs.go, or by calling 1-800-829-3676
    Is the information I provide to TAS confidential??
    TAS is independent within the IRS. The law requires each TAS office to secure and maintain means of communication independent of other IRS offices. Each local office has a separate phone, fax, and mailing address. TAS has the discretion to not disclose to the IRS any information you give it, or even inform the IRS that you�ve contacted TAS. In general, however, to provide you with assistance or relief, TAS will likely have to disclose the information to an IRS employee or employees.
    How else does the TAS help taxpayers??

Systemic Advocacy:

The Office of Systemic Advocacy is part of the larger TAS organization. Systemic advocacy means addressing broad issues that impact groups of taxpayers, including both individuals and businesses.

These issues:
    Affect multiple taxpayers;
    Are not individual problems or cases;
    Require analysis, administrative solutions, or legislative changes; and
    Involve protecting taxpayer rights
    reducing or preventing taxpayer burden
    ensuring equitable treatment of taxpayers, or
    providing essential services to taxpayers.
    The Office of Systemic Advocacy works within the IRS to resolve issues involving procedures and policies. If a problem requires a legislative solution, the NTA may recommend a change in the Annual Report to Congress.

Taxpayers, tax professionals, and other interested parties can direct systemic issues to TAS via the Internet. Go to Taxpayer Advocate Service, click on the link �What Is Systemic Advocacy??� and follow the instructions for submitting an issue. If you don�t have Internet access, call 1-800-TAX FORM to obtain the Systemic Advocacy Issue Submission Form (Form 14411), and fax it to 202-622-3125.

Low Income Taxpayer Clinics:

If you are a low income taxpayer and cannot afford professional tax assistance, you may qualify for help from Low Income Taxpayer Clinics (LITCs). LITCs are operated by tax exempt organizations or programs at accredited law, business, and accounting schools. LITCs represent low income taxpayers before the IRS and inform individuals for whom English is a second language about their federal income tax responsibilities for free or for a nominal charge.

To find the clinic nearest you, see the LITC pages on Taxpayer Advocate Service or IRS Publication 4134, Low Income Taxpayer Clinic List.

To learn more about the grant program, call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676 and order a free copy of IRS Publication 3319, LITC Grant Application Package and Guidelines. Publication 3319 is also available on the IRS web site at Internal Revenue Service.

Taxpayer Advocacy Panel

The TAS works directly with taxpayers through the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP). TAP is an independent panel of citizen volunteers who listen to taxpayers, identify taxpayers� issues, and make suggestions for improving IRS service and customer satisfaction. Contact TAP at:1-888-912-1227 or Taxpayer Advocacy Panel.

Philadelphia
    11601 Roosevelt Blvd., Stop SW 820
    Philadelphia, PA 19154
    Phone: 215-516-2499

Last edited by exelant; 08-17-09 at 02:32 PM.
    08-17-09 02:30 PM
    urgh i still cant get my BB to work right, its not sending or receiving data, the 1xev is in lower case, so i dunno if that means the RIM service is down
    08-17-09 02:35 PM
    urgh i still cant get my BB to work right, its not sending or receiving data, the 1xev is in lower case, so i dunno if that means the RIM service is down
    Have you sent your service book from both ends and pulled your battery? It's probably service issues but WTF.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

08-17-09 02:44 PM
    i know how to send service books from my phone, but how do i send them the other way?
    08-17-09 02:47 PM
    Here Kasi, print this info,

Note: TAS is the Advocate's office. They do help, they solved my problem, and while they are working on your case, they freeze all collections.

IRS Advocate's Office
    Philidelphia info at the bottom.
    Who may use TAS??

You may request the free assistance from TAS if you:

tried to resolve a tax problem with the IRS and

are still experiencing delays or

are facing economic harm

The TAS

TAS is an independent organization within the IRS, led by the National Taxpayer Advocate (NTA). TAS helps individual and business taxpayers resolve problems with the IRS by:

Ensuring that taxpayer problems NOT resolved through normal IRS channels are promptly and impartially handled;

Assisting taxpayers who are facing hardships;

Identifying and bringing to the attention of IRS management issues that:

impact taxpayer rights

increase taxpayer burden or

otherwise create problems for taxpayers

Recommending administrative and legislative changes to Congress through the NTA�s Annual Report

Each state has at least one Local Taxpayer Advocate, who is independent of the local IRS office and reports directly to the NTA.

Qualification to request assistance

You may request the assistance of TAS if:

IRS actions prevent you from providing for necessities such as housing, transportation or food; or

you own a business and are unable to meet basic expenses such as payroll

How do I reach a taxpayer advocate??

Call the telephone number listed in the brochure for the TAS office nearest you;

Call the TAS toll-free phone number, 1-877-777-4778;

For TTY/TTD help call 1-800-829-4059;

File Form 911, Application for Taxpayer Assistance Order, with the ASe; or

Request that an IRS employee complete a Form 911 on your behalf (in person or over the phone).

Form 911 is available by phone at 1-800-829-3676, or on the IRS Internet web page at Internal Revenue Service. Fax or mail this form to one of the TAS offices.

Address and phone numbers may change over time, but the most current information is always available on the TAS home page of the IRS internet web site: Taxpayer Advocate Service. Fax numbers are also listed.

Correspondence should be sent to the: "Taxpayer Advocate Service, Internal Revenue Service". Street addresses should be used for correspondence sent by courier.
    What can I expect from the taxpayer advocate??
    Your assigned case advocate will:
    listen to your point of view
    work with you to address your concerns, and
    see your case through to an appropriate conclusion.
    You can expect your case advocate to give you:
    His or her name, phone number, and badge number;
    Courteous and confidential service;
    Timely acknowledgment;
    An impartial and independent review of your problem;

Time frames for action;
    Updates on progress; and
    Advice on how to prevent future federal tax problems.

What information should I provide to the taxpayer advocate??
    Your:
    name
    address, and
    social security number, or
    employer identification number

Your phone number and best times to call
    The type of tax return
    tax year(s) involved
    A description of your problem or hardship
    how you previously tried to resolve the problem, and
    the office(s) you contacted if you know them.

If you want to authorize another person to discuss or receive information about your case, send Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative, or Form 8821, Tax Information Authorization. You can get these forms at most local IRS offices, at the IRS web site, http://www.irs.go, or by calling 1-800-829-3676
    Is the information I provide to TAS confidential??
    TAS is independent within the IRS. The law requires each TAS office to secure and maintain means of communication independent of other IRS offices. Each local office has a separate phone, fax, and mailing address. TAS has the discretion to not disclose to the IRS any information you give it, or even inform the IRS that you�ve contacted TAS. In general, however, to provide you with assistance or relief, TAS will likely have to disclose the information to an IRS employee or employees.
    How else does the TAS help taxpayers??

Systemic Advocacy:

The Office of Systemic Advocacy is part of the larger TAS organization. Systemic advocacy means addressing broad issues that impact groups of taxpayers, including both individuals and businesses.

These issues:
    Affect multiple taxpayers;
    Are not individual problems or cases;
    Require analysis, administrative solutions, or legislative changes; and
    Involve protecting taxpayer rights
    reducing or preventing taxpayer burden
    ensuring equitable treatment of taxpayers, or
    providing essential services to taxpayers.
    The Office of Systemic Advocacy works within the IRS to resolve issues involving procedures and policies. If a problem requires a legislative solution, the NTA may recommend a change in the Annual Report to Congress.

Taxpayers, tax professionals, and other interested parties can direct systemic issues to TAS via the Internet. Go to Taxpayer Advocate Service, click on the link �What Is Systemic Advocacy??� and follow the instructions for submitting an issue. If you don�t have Internet access, call 1-800-TAX FORM to obtain the Systemic Advocacy Issue Submission Form (Form 14411), and fax it to 202-622-3125.

Low Income Taxpayer Clinics:

If you are a low income taxpayer and cannot afford professional tax assistance, you may qualify for help from Low Income Taxpayer Clinics (LITCs). LITCs are operated by tax exempt organizations or programs at accredited law, business, and accounting schools. LITCs represent low income taxpayers before the IRS and inform individuals for whom English is a second language about their federal income tax responsibilities for free or for a nominal charge.

To find the clinic nearest you, see the LITC pages on Taxpayer Advocate Service or IRS Publication 4134, Low Income Taxpayer Clinic List.

To learn more about the grant program, call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676 and order a free copy of IRS Publication 3319, LITC Grant Application Package and Guidelines. Publication 3319 is also available on the IRS web site at Internal Revenue Service.

Taxpayer Advocacy Panel

The TAS works directly with taxpayers through the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP). TAP is an independent panel of citizen volunteers who listen to taxpayers, identify taxpayers� issues, and make suggestions for improving IRS service and customer satisfaction. Contact TAP at:1-888-912-1227 or Taxpayer Advocacy Panel.

Philadelphia
    11601 Roosevelt Blvd., Stop SW 820
    Philadelphia, PA 19154
    Phone: 215-516-2499

Thanks mikey! I'll print it when I get home.

I'm at the store right now looking at SD cards. Do these phones take SDHC cards?

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 08-17-09 at 03:13 PM.
    08-17-09 03:10 PM
    urgh now it has 1xev in caps, but im still not able to go on a web site
    08-17-09 04:01 PM
    urgh now it has 1xev in caps, but im still not able to go on a web site
    The other way is from your carrier's BIS site. There should be a link to send them to your berry.

08-17-09 04:08 PM
    they didn't have the usb cord at Walmart. I'll have to go to Best Buy later.

08-17-09 04:09 PM
    they didn't have the usb cord at Walmart. I'll have to go to Best Buy later.
    Dang fancy shmancy micro USB's.

08-17-09 04:17 PM
    Dang fancy shmancy micro USB's.

I know. Ok, its official, kids should not be allowed to have cell phones. Or at least not the kids in my house.

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 08-17-09 at 04:32 PM.
    08-17-09 04:28 PM
    I know. Ok, its official, kids should not be allowed to have cell phones. Or at least not the kids in my house.

If you can't find one, The Shack sells mini-to-micro adapters for $4.
    08-17-09 04:51 PM
    If you can't find one, The Shack sells mini-to-micro adapters for $4.
    For the usb cords? Sweet. I'll go there later tonight then to get one of those instead.

08-17-09 04:55 PM
    been on the phone for over an hour and verizon cant figure out the problem
    08-17-09 05:02 PM
    Ugh! Damn kids!

I just walked to Walmart a second time in this heat because Lexi lost her phone. We get back home and guess what is laying on my bed...her phone! Now I'm ready to pass out from the heat.

08-17-09 05:20 PM
    i may get my tooth pulled tomorrow. right now, i'm at work with my face planted on the desk. i'm in more pain now than 2 days ago.
    08-17-09 05:21 PM
    Poor kaka, and poor poor cate.

08-17-09 05:32 PM
    Thanks mikey! I'll print it when I get home.

I'm at the store right now looking at SD cards. Do these phones take SDHC cards?

Hey Kasi. Not sure which model you have, but according to this RIM press release, the 8220 does take an sdhc card:

http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=1813

Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 08-17-09 at 05:57 PM.
    08-17-09 05:46 PM
    ok, now im wiping my BB on a different computer, and im going to install verizon os back on it and see if that works, verizon said that they have no issues on there end
    08-17-09 05:47 PM
    kaka that flip should take a 16MB.

Chadski WTF I can't believe you're having to wipe it again.

08-17-09 06:00 PM
86,775 ... 17061707170817091710 ...