Hello everyone just popping in to see what's going on.
    I put together a pot roast before I left this morning & never again will I cut up garlic without gloves on. I can't get the dang smell off my fingers. Its grossssssss

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Try washing them with toothpaste. It works for some bad work smells, might cut the garlic, but it might not,

08-16-09 12:57 PM
    Try washing them with toothpaste. It works for some bad work smells, might cut the garlic, but it might not,

Hi Ex! Hope you are well! just doing a drive by. LOL! I have heard of toothpaste, but I know if you rub your hands against stainless steel it will completely get rid of onion smell. Not sure about the garlic, but worth a try anyway!

08-16-09 01:04 PM
    Thanks Ex
    I'll definitely try that when I get home. I know lemon juice is good for stuff like that too & I'm almost out so I'm gona stop & get some of that on my way home too.
    Anyone know what's good to get rid of ants? They're driving me crazy around & in my house!

08-16-09 01:09 PM
    Hi RV! It's good to be home! I used that toothpaste trick when I was working in my wastewater plant running the equipment - and you know what I was trying to neutralize!

08-16-09 01:10 PM
    Thanks Kanga! I'll have to try that too. Hmmm can I still call you Kanga? Please

08-16-09 01:12 PM
    I get this stuff that dehydrates them at Home Depot. It's a powder you can squeeze into the little holes they use to come into the house.

08-16-09 01:14 PM
    I just checked with Sandra. She suggested washing the clothes with half a cup of white vinegar, then wash them again with detergent.

08-16-09 01:19 PM
    I just checked with Sandra. She suggested washing the clothes with half a cup of white vinegar, then wash them again with detergent.

Hey there LSG how you be?
    White vinegar is actually great as a substitute for fabric softener. Put a 1/2 cup in with th rinse cycle & you're good to go. The clothes don't smell like vinegar either btw. I've also used it as a germ killer when I'm out of bleach. I use it for tons of other stuff too but since you brought up laundry that's my .02

08-16-09 01:26 PM
    Hey there LSG how you be?
    White vinegar is actually great as a substitute for fabric softener. Put a 1/2 cup in with th rinse cycle & you're good to go. The clothes don't smell like vinegar either btw. I've also used it as a germ killer when I'm out of bleach. I use it for tons of other stuff too but since you brought up laundry that's my .02

Hi there SBB. You and Sandra would probably have a good talk about naturopathic/home remedy stuff.

Hi Shi! Hi Brian!

Hi Kasi. How's life in the CB genius club? Just kidding, I know you are too well grounded to let that go to your head.

Just don't call me late for dinner. Never let 'em know you don't like something or you'll be stuck with it forever,

Experience has taught me the same thing.
    I've also learned not to care about nicknames too much, and I shouldn't dish it out if I can't take it.

08-16-09 01:48 PM

Hi Kasi. How's life in the CB genius club? Just kidding, I know you are too well grounded to let that go to your head.

Not in the genius club just yet. I'm still only a master. It isn't any different though. Same as being a user & absuser.

08-16-09 01:52 PM
    Hello Kanga, kaka, Strawberry and Brian. I think I got you all.

I'll second the toothpaste trick Strawberry, works wonders. Also excellent (see how I spell that right) for mosquito bites, but especially the white for them.
    Looks like it's domestic day at TBL, laundry tips too. The vinegar works well, if you can stand the smell while it's washing.
    Brian, welcome back. Though, while it's good to be home, I'm sure you wouldn't mind a few more days.
    Kaka I was looking in the flip forum, and you will be a welcome addition over there. No one seems to have a strong working knowledge of BlackBerries.
    Didn't get a chance to scan back much, anyone have a clue how cate is?

The Keeper of the Queen Beak

08-16-09 02:03 PM
    Hello Kanga, kaka, Strawberry and Brian. I think I got you all.

I'll second the toothpaste trick Strawberry, works wonders. Also excellent (see how I spell that right) for mosquito bites, but especially the white for them.
    Looks like it's domestic day at TBL, laundry tips too. The vinegar works well, if you can stand the smell while it's washing.
    Brian, welcome back. Though, while it's good to be home, I'm sure you wouldn't mind a few more days.
    Kaka I was looking in the flip forum, and you will be a welcome addition over there. No one seems to have a strong working knowledge of BlackBerries.
    Didn't get a chance to scan back much, anyone have a clue how cate is?

The Keeper of the Queen Beak

Yeah, I saw that. I decided to go over there and see if there were any common issues with the phone that I would need to be on the lookout for with it. People in that forum aren't too helpful. And I'm guessing most members don't go in there because a lot of people don't consider them actual Blackberrys for some reason.

I'm hoping it gets here tomorrow. I can't wait to switch to it and try it out. I'm going to have to get used to using SureType again though. I'm so accustom to the full keyboard now.

Last Cate posted she was at the ER. Haven't seen a post from her since. I hope she's all right.

08-16-09 02:09 PM
    Dang, cate is AWOL, I hope she's passed out at home. I wasn't knocking cloves Brian, just thought cate was well beyond that at this point.

Mike, I'll have a walker with racing stripes and off-road tires setup for you by this evening, yah geezer!

08-16-09 02:11 PM
    Not in the genius club just yet. I'm still only a master. It isn't any different though. Same as being a user & absuser.

Woops, I did it again. I keep getting master and genius mixed up.

Kasi, are you getting a pearl flip?

Mike and Ex, I keep forgetting how important my choice of words is in a forum like this. I didn't defend cloves in anger, I meant the word 'knocked' in a neutral, matter of fact way.

08-16-09 02:25 PM
    Woops, I did it again. I keep getting master and genius mixed up.

Kasi, are you getting a pearl flip?

Mike and Ex, I keep forgetting how important my choice of words is in a forum like this. I didn't defend cloves in anger, I meant the word 'knocked' in a neutral, matter of fact way.

Its ok. I used to get Abuser and Addict mixed up all the time.

Yes sir. I traded my first love, Ruby, for one. It should be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 08-16-09 at 02:45 PM.
    08-16-09 02:42 PM
    finally at my dads and most of everything is unloaded I'm tired and sunburned a little lol kinda sad we had to leave

08-16-09 03:19 PM
    hey guys, thanks for all the encouragement - seriously means a lot to me. sadly, there's still a hole in my tooth & now in my wallet. i have to wait 10 days before i can get my tooth yanked. apparently you can't extract an infected tooth. the highlight of my visit was when the doctor told me it cost $500 be seen. i only had to pay $100, though. "only". it was also really awesome when i had to wait 3 hours for the doctor to write me a prescription while speaking to me in a different language. another really awesome thing... hydrocodone doesn't do anything for me, and i still haven't slept because the pain is just horrible. i've taken 3 pills in a 3 hour span. i think i need to give hydrocodone a rest. anyway, my friend is bringing me oil of cloves. it's my last attempt before i kill myself.
    Last edited by cate; 08-16-09 at 04:55 PM.
    08-16-09 04:31 PM
    cate hang in there, i know its sucks big time
    08-16-09 04:56 PM
    time to wipe my BB since this os has mind of its own
    08-16-09 04:57 PM
    cate hang in there, i know its sucks big time
    i'm trying, chad, i really am.
    08-16-09 04:57 PM
    yayy finally at my own home!! sorry about your tooth cate I hope they fix it soon.

08-16-09 05:27 PM
    I'm sorry Cate. Feel better soon! I've never had a toothache like that but I can imagine how you feel right now.

08-16-09 05:28 PM
    I'm sorry Cate. I agree about hydrocodone, all Vicodin does for me is make me itch. You could try Alieve for the inflamation - that's Naproxin and the usual prescription dose is 440mg - 2 pills ish. . One more day to see the dentist - he might give you something a little stronger than vicodin.

08-16-09 05:35 PM
    src sing cate a lullaby would you? I'd much rather have percocets myself, though the codone does give me a little relief. If it were at all safe and I could get them there quick enough cate, I'd send you my morphine. But I do send you my support, for what it's worth.

The Keeper of useless knowledge

08-16-09 06:11 PM
    just got done f'in around with my email, i had to to the bis site, delete my email accounts, then reload them
    08-16-09 06:16 PM
86,775 ... 16961697169816991700 ...