haha this gold guy at the mall offered me 150 for gold chain with cross and the firefighters cross on it, the chain alone i paid about 280 for...what a ******
    07-22-09 12:56 PM
    It didn't connect to device Stupid thing...
    07-22-09 12:56 PM
    im in pitsburgh, not sure how from from Detroit that is
    07-22-09 12:57 PM
    How do I wipe the device again? Option..... Then....?

Lol Chad. Shoulda made a scene and have everyone watch Lose him soem business.
    07-22-09 12:59 PM
    im in pitsburgh, not sure how from from Detroit that is
    About 5 or 6 hours
    07-22-09 01:00 PM
    Option > Security > General I think? Then menu then wipe handled-

Or something along those lines...
    07-22-09 01:01 PM
    London, it's like 2 hours from Detroit

I do have a few backups Good thing to. I usually back it up, and never needed it. Now I didn't back it up, and I do need it
    That would be about a 14-15 hour ride for me, a few hours less for Chad. Have fun driving out there Chad!

That's usually how it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 01:02 PM
    BS, give crackmem a try.
    Crackmem will wipe your device and install the OS for you.
    install the newer OS on your PC. Plug your device in and open CrackMem and look in the left box, put a check next to the OS you want - it will be the bottom one if more than one are found, below that, click the confirm OS box. On the right select the things you want removed, click execute selections, then click wipe device and enter BrickMyPhone. Now a rim installer will open, follow the prompts as they come up. A box will open that lists what is to be installed after your device is wiped, make sure you put a checkmark next to everything in the list that doesn't have a check in the box.
    You must do this to make sure all of your apps install. It's a good idea to make a backup of your device so you can restore contacts etc. It is also a good idea to backup your 3rd party apps - instructions are in the faq forum. Follow the prompts until it starts the OS load. After it says done, your device will have the clock timing out. Wait until the set-up comes up - it will take a bit longer. Then set up as normal.
    make sure you scroll down in the loader box to find your apps and enter the checks in the boxes of what you want installed - they are not visible in the box - you have to scroll down to find the items to check off.

07-22-09 01:04 PM
    Option > Security > General I think? Then menu then wipe handled-

Or something along those lines...
    Yup that's it Guess you're not completely useless
    07-22-09 01:05 PM
    You shouldn't need to wipe, and for upgrading that isn't the type of wipe the guides mention.

07-22-09 01:05 PM
    That would be about a 14-15 hour ride for me, a few hours less for Chad. Have fun driving out there Chad!

That's usually how it works.

I've got plenty of Canadian "herbs and spices" to pay you back with Just don't cross the border with it, as you're not allowed to bring food items back accross Lol
    07-22-09 01:06 PM
    How do I wipe the device again? Option..... Then....?

Lol Chad. Shoulda made a scene and have everyone watch Lose him soem business.
    That only wipes the data off the device. To wipe the OS you need JL Cmder or whatever its called.

07-22-09 01:07 PM
    Why didn't you get me when you were about to upgrade?!! You know that's my specialty, I have never had a failure.

07-22-09 01:08 PM
    so what browser does everyone recommend me installing on the BB?
    07-22-09 01:11 PM
    Why didn't you get me when you were about to upgrade?!! You know that's my specialty, I have never had a failure.

I haven't either until now It said something didn't work properly but it says the phone is running .151. I'm going to throw everything back on I guess... Maybe it just failed to re-add contacts and that
    07-22-09 01:12 PM
    BS, do not surf the internet while upgrading. I learned that the first time I upgraded.

Drive by !

07-22-09 01:16 PM
    I haven't either until now It said something didn't work properly but it says the phone is running .151. I'm going to throw everything back on I guess... Maybe it just failed to re-add contacts and that
    If that's all, then restore a backup and you should get your contacts back.

But always remember never ever unplug until apploader says done.

I suggested crackmem because it usually will work when other methods hang up. You can do it over if you want, remember apploader wipes as part of the upgrade, (that's for DM's too)

07-22-09 01:17 PM
    BS, do not surf the internet while upgrading. I learned that the first time I upgraded.

Drive by !

Lol, oops I'm just messing up all over the place aren't I?

If that's all, then restore a backup and you should get your contacts back.

But always remember never ever unplug until apploader says done.

I suggested crackmem because it usually will work when other methods hang up. You can do it over if you want, remember apploader wipes as part of the upgrade, (that's for DM's too)

I plugged it back in and it said there was an MSN upgrade which I dled. It knows I've got the new OS I guess
    07-22-09 01:20 PM
    DM's loader wipe doesn't lock the boot rom. It just wipes apps and PIM data. JL_Cmndr is a true wipe. It locks down boot rom so that there's no left over components of previous OS's. I believe crackmem has a true wipe function too...right?

I can't stress how important it is to wipe the device before updating the OS. Takes care of a lot the bugs.
    07-22-09 01:23 PM
    I've got plenty of Canadian "herbs and spices" to pay you back with Just don't cross the border with it, as you're not allowed to bring food items back accross Lol
    I don't do that stuff.

It may be a little shorter of a ride than that, not sure though. I do know that from here to Michigan is a 12 hour drive.

07-22-09 01:30 PM
    i have the last week in august off.....but dont we have to have a pass port down to get in canaduh?
    07-22-09 01:34 PM
    Yep. You need a passport to get into Canada.

07-22-09 01:41 PM
    BS, give crackmem a try.
    Crackmem will wipe your device and install the OS for you.
    install the newer OS on your PC. Plug your device in and open CrackMem and look in the left box, put a check next to the OS you want - it will be the bottom one if more than one are found, below that, click the confirm OS box. On the right select the things you want removed, click execute selections, then click wipe device and enter BrickMyPhone. Now a rim installer will open, follow the prompts as they come up. A box will open that lists what is to be installed after your device is wiped, make sure you put a checkmark next to everything in the list that doesn't have a check in the box.
    You must do this to make sure all of your apps install. It's a good idea to make a backup of your device so you can restore contacts etc. It is also a good idea to backup your 3rd party apps - instructions are in the faq forum. Follow the prompts until it starts the OS load. After it says done, your device will have the clock timing out. Wait until the set-up comes up - it will take a bit longer. Then set up as normal.
    make sure you scroll down in the loader box to find your apps and enter the checks in the boxes of what you want installed - they are not visible in the box - you have to scroll down to find the items to check off.

Wish me luck
    07-22-09 01:48 PM
    Chad, you can also get a Passport Card now, and it's more convenient than the passport, and cheaper.

That's what I'll be getting so I can run into Canada.

07-22-09 01:50 PM
    anyone have any suggestions on a browser to use on BB?
    07-22-09 01:51 PM
86,775 ... 13741375137613771378 ...