Yeah, but some of us normally have to pay for that!
    07-08-09 04:25 PM
    Thank you to those who created the cafe. A forum where 30 year olds don't need babysitters .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Most welcome.....
    07-08-09 04:34 PM
    I noticed that several posts I had are gone, and I know THEY
    didn't contain offensive material. Weren't terribly important, but rankles anyway.
    07-08-09 04:41 PM
    You know what though? BK and Wolf would probably make CB's best moderators is BK signed up for the cafe?

07-08-09 04:43 PM

07-08-09 04:51 PM
    You know what though? BK and Wolf would probably make CB's best moderators is BK signed up for the cafe?

No he is not.
    07-08-09 04:53 PM
    You better be signing up BK

07-08-09 04:57 PM

I like Joe a lot! He lives in Crawford Colorado - a beautiful place in the mountains. He often joins in with a band at the local bars. Wouldn't "Try with a little help from my friends" be a good choice? Lol

07-08-09 05:00 PM
    LMAO. I wash my hands enough as it is. That would only add to my OCD about having clean hands.
    lmao! High five girl! I'm the same way!

07-08-09 05:00 PM
    You better be signing up BK

Gotta get to my computer, first. lil pistol couldn't figure out how to register me.

07-08-09 05:02 PM
    @Mike & Mike
    There's no problem taking a few moments to tell everyone what is happening. We have noticed a few threads which are more or less "owned" by a small clique, to the point where outsiders are reluctant to join the thread, or they are abused and chased out of the thread if they post. The mods don't accept that so we have been looking in on some other less monitored areas recently. Of course that lead to finding loads of bad language, and when we find it we deal with it. We don't guarantee to find all the profanity but it looks like the worst has been removed in this thread.

Something (or someone) seems to have given a few misguided and relatively inexperienced members the idea they could confront and taunt the mods. Bad idea, that brought more attention and it's a fight which can only have one winner. Perhaps the more experienced members will be able to educate the apprentices before they really embarrass themselves or trigger the thread getting closed!
    07-08-09 05:08 PM
    @Mike & Mike
    There's no problem taking a few moments to tell everyone what is happening. We have noticed a few threads which are more or less "owned" by a small clique, to the point where outsiders are reluctant to join the thread, or they are abused and chased out of the thread if they post. The mods don't accept that so we have been looking in on some other less monitored areas recently. Of course that lead to finding loads of bad language, and when we find it we deal with it. We don't guarantee to find all the profanity but it looks like the worst has been removed in this thread.

Something (or someone) seems to have given a few misguided and relatively inexperienced members the idea they could confront and taunt the mods. Bad idea, that brought more attention and it's a fight which can only have one winner. Perhaps the more experienced members will be able to educate the apprentices before they really embarrass themselves or trigger the thread getting closed!
    Hahahaha...

^^ That's a sarcastic laugh at your post.

07-08-09 05:36 PM
    @Mike & Mike

Nobody in here has abused or chased people out of the thread. I don't even know where you got that idea... Show me a post where one of us has done that... You could come in here almost any time of the day and people are in a good mood and getting along. We were more than welcoming to moderators aswell.
    07-08-09 05:38 PM
    The only person I'm aware of that has been gutted personally singled out and attacked one of our members, and did that in another thread.

I have personally welcomed many new people, and usually keep a fair eye on things. There have been some 'edges' from time to time, and occasionally our younger members get a little wild. We have helped people in ways, supported each other through trials and tribulations. And I haven't seen any cases where people weren't welcomed in.

Is it perfect? No. Should it be? No. Will people be offended? Sometimes. There are plenty of places for the easily offended to go.

Myself, I've not encouraged or coerced anyone to break the rules. No need for that. Take into mind, this is not an exclusive group. The members in this thread run the gamut, and DO exercise their individuality.

Last edited by BergerKing; 07-08-09 at 06:26 PM.
    07-08-09 06:20 PM
    The only person I'm aware of that has been gutted personally singled out and attacked one of our members, and did that in another thread.

I have personally welcomed many new people, and usually keep a fair eye on things. There have been some 'edges' from time to time, and occasionally our younger members get a little wild. We have helped people in ways, supported each other through trials and tribulations. And I haven't seen any cases where people weren't welcomed in.

Is it perfect? No. Should it be? No. Will people be offended? Sometimes. There are plenty of places for the easily offended to go.

Myself, I've not encouraged or coerced anyone to break the rules. No need for that. Take into mind, this is not an exclusive group. The members in this thread run the gamut, and DO excercise their individuality.

Expertly said...
    07-08-09 06:23 PM
    I agree BK! Well said!

07-08-09 06:37 PM
    Hello all, it's frightening in here. I'm at work, the usual, we're dead.

07-08-09 06:39 PM
    Hello all, it's frightening in here. I'm at work, the usual, we're dead.

Hi Norton. Yes it's been a very destructive day. Might be best to hang out at the Cafe.
    07-08-09 06:44 PM
    I'll see if I have the signal strength to hangout there.

07-08-09 06:47 PM
    hey Nort! Yea gettin a little hairy that's for sure works slow...that stinks!

07-08-09 06:50 PM
    It would really be nice, if one of the mods had the decency to PM me, and explain just what is going on. This thread has been here, at the top of Off-Topic for 5 months and now it's suddenly been discovered? Something inspired this, and I may be a little presumptuous, but I think I deserve an explanation.
    I started this thread, inspired by the brotherhood of fellow CrackBerry members, and to see you say that we have been unwelcoming to anyone here simply infuriates me. You know how to PM me, Chrisy has already.

The Keeper of the Queen

07-08-09 06:53 PM
    hey Nort! Yea gettin a little hairy that's for sure works slow...that stinks!

*Looks around* Psst! Shelli! "Work's slow... That really smells" Change it, quick!
    07-08-09 06:53 PM
    Yes Beast, that was well written, as usual. Thank you!

The Keeper of the Queen

07-08-09 06:55 PM
    Hey Shelli, yeah it's a killer here, my last day at the store I was transferred to, now I don't want to go back to the old store since it has fallen apart.

07-08-09 06:58 PM
    @Mike & Mike

I have a hard time getting settled with the strange concept that something is acceptable for months on end, then suddenly it is considered offensive, or unacceptable.

I laugh in the face of whomever dropped their blankie and ran to the mods about not being welcomed or included. Never happened. Either someone forgot to take their prozac and/or lithium or they did take their heroin and/or crack and hallucinated a nonexistant incident.

Everyone who has posted on this thread has been welcomed. Not only welcomed but encouraged to stay and join in.

I see visions of high school drama and a gauntlet being thrown down. Someone has had their dodge balls either handed to them or percieve a slight where there was none intended.

The cool folks can sit here. The other folks talk about my mother and my clothes! Seriously? Can we pick which electives we want as well after phys. Ed? Sweet Jesu!

I feel like the people here and this thread are being weeded through for nefarious purposes. Noone cares for gestapo tactics or secrets behind the scenes. Things done in this manner will always be spoken out against, be it right or wrong.

You have a job to do and I respect that. However, I do not respect the fact that you have waited this long nor the fact that it is being done in a shady/hush hush manner.

There is a clique here, but it is always open to anyone else. Do they beg others to stay? No. Should they beg so they can stay open? Not a chance in hades.

Just because you don't HAVE to clarify why you are doing what you are doing, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated or met with less resistance.

This is my 2cents. Offensive or not, I suppose I will find out if it stands or not.

07-08-09 06:58 PM
86,775 ... 12001201120212031204 ...