Sorry I disappeared, got busy and not sleeping on the couch for a change,

Be careful fishing Kasi. Some states don't allow night time fishing. Or they regulate it. Using a light, like a flashlight isn't allowed anywhere I know of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I'll be careful. I don't know if they allow it, but we are going where my one friend & his family go all the time. They've gone at night a few times and not had any issues. I'm just really nervous about getting on a boat when I am a little intoxicated.

07-05-09 09:33 PM
    Darn it, thought I changed that!
    Mike, I'm figuring kaka is going saltwater fishing, the laws are completely different.

The Keeper of the Queen

07-05-09 09:33 PM
    Darn it, thought I changed that!
    Mike, I'm figuring kaka is going saltwater fishing, the laws are completely different.

The Keeper of the Queen

Yep! That's what we are doing. Its the only thing we can since Steve & I don't have licenses.

07-05-09 09:42 PM
    Oh, *slaps forehead! I didn't even think of that. Kasi, wear a life preserver. If there isn't one for you, don't go. Trust your intuition, if it seems bad, don't do it.

07-05-09 09:52 PM
    I love the Bourne movies! I wish they'd make a new one.

07-05-09 09:54 PM
    Oh, *slaps forehead! I didn't even think of that. Kasi, wear a life preserver. If there isn't one for you, don't go. Trust your intuition, if it seems bad, don't do it.

I will. If they don't have enough, one of the boys can go without! I believe they do have one for each of us; if not I'll be staying with the truck.

07-05-09 09:56 PM
    I'm closing in on 400k with original brakes, clutch, and 4 of the tires.

Well, I WAS proud of my 240,000km clutch until I read that.

Wait a minute. 4 of the tires? I'm talking about my car, are you talking about a rig?

Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 07-05-09 at 10:01 PM.
    07-05-09 09:59 PM
    That's the only way, but you know that because you're smarter than your average bear,

07-05-09 09:59 PM
    Hey gang!
    Saw talk about learning to drive a stick. I went to a dealership, buttered up the salesman, and got him to teach me to drive a 5 speed in the back parking lot. I was actually car shopping but I couldn't afford the car I was test driving

07-05-09 10:10 PM
    Hey gang!
    Saw talk about learning to drive a stick. I went to a dealership, buttered up the salesman, and got him to teach me to drive a 5 speed in the back parking lot. I was actually car shopping but I couldn't afford the car I was test driving

Lol. I'm 21, so any dealership I go to, people don't waste their time with me because they assume I can't afford anything anyways Wise of them, because the last thing you want is some salesman bugging the crap out of you
    07-05-09 10:19 PM
    Lol. I'm 21, so any dealership I go to, people don't waste their time with me because they assume I can't afford anything anyways Wise of them, because the last thing you want is some salesman bugging the crap out of you

I was 21 at the time. You just have to do your research & go to as many dealerships as you can so you're comfortable talking to those guys. I went to a dozen dealerships, spent hours & hours online researching, and had to flirt with too many salesmen to find out what I could get away with. Ultimately I got a great deal on a car when I finally did buy one.

07-05-09 10:41 PM
    I was 21 at the time. You just have to do your research & go to as many dealerships as you can so you're comfortable talking to those guys. I went to a dozen dealerships, spent hours & hours online researching, and had to flirt with too many salesmen to find out what I could get away with. Ultimately I got a great deal on a car when I finally did buy one.

Well I found the car I want. Good track records, not bad on insurance, great fuel economy And I can use the autotrader.ca in Canada to find the cheapest cars Everythings made easy now, except for the crappy image quality...
    07-05-09 10:53 PM
    Chirp, chirp, chirp And everyone's gone again
    07-05-09 11:12 PM
    You'll get a test drive BS if you project the right image, lol, you can do it!

Anyway, I meant to tell you manuals are easy. You'll get the hang of starting on an uphill in a couple hours - sooner if you practice. Or you can get a Subaru - they have a hill holder clutch that keeps them from rolling backwards.newer Hondas have it too, but you aren't looking for a 2007 or newer Honda.

Visualize it: your right foot is on the brake and your left foot is on the clutch. As you slowly let out the pedal, you'll feel the clutch begin to engage.and the car will begin to move forward slightly, this is when you put your right foot on the gas pedal and begin to give it gas as you let the clutch out the rest of the way. You'll get a feel for your car - they're all a little different.

07-05-09 11:13 PM
    Naw, I was just writing a book for you on wap!

07-05-09 11:14 PM
    You'll get a test drive BS if you project the right image, lol, you can do it!

Anyway, I meant to tell you manuals are easy. You'll get the hang of starting on an uphill in a couple hours - sooner if you practice. Or you can get a Subaru - they have a hill holder clutch that keeps them from rolling backwards.newer Hondas have it too, but you aren't looking for a 2007 or newer Honda.

Visualize it: your right foot is on the brake and your left foot is on the clutch. As you slowly let out the pedal, you'll feel the clutch begin to engage.and the car will begin to move forward slightly, this is when you put your right foot on the gas pedal and begin to give it gas as you let the clutch out the rest of the way. You'll get a feel for your car - they're all a little different.

Well used car dealerships offer me test drives all the time I already have the money ready to go. It's just when we go and look at new Dodge Rams or Challengers that we get the cold shoulder
    07-05-09 11:17 PM
    Naw, I was just writing a book for you on wap!

That was quite the mouthfull Now I just have to look for car stereos
    07-05-09 11:18 PM
    Mike! Don't tell him that he will be taking off uphill all easy-smeazy within a few hours. Maybe you did, but most of the people I know, myself included, did not. Uphill take-offs are about the hardest part to a clutch & unless you're a natural, you probably won't get it the first day. And if you don't, its nothing to feel bad about. Most of us didn't. I've taught 3 ppl to drive a stick & they all learned differently.

07-05-09 11:20 PM
    Lol, you can get a decent stereo for not too much. Pay attention and get one with a lead to a sub. That way when you save enough, you can get a subwoofer.

Did I tell you about looking for my subwoofer in the Acura? I looked everywhere, but couldn't find it. I started thinking they put the regular RSX stereo that didn't come with a sub in it. Then checking the spare, I noticed the spare tire cover said Bose! Lmao, they bolted the Subwoofer to the spare tire! It has a good 12 inch speaker.

07-05-09 11:28 PM
    Aww Blondie I'm trying to build his confidence. I actually taught myself how to use a clutch, , I bought a standard and drove off in it. I know people have different learning curves - and some even learn different things at different rates. A lot of what I do is train my people how to operate pretty complex machines. I have found confidence plays a big part in how quickly people pick things up.

I did forget to mention to take your time. And don't worry about people behind you waiting and getting impatient. Let em wait, it always seems to take longer to the person learning.

Last edited by exelant; 07-05-09 at 11:38 PM.
    07-05-09 11:34 PM
    Well, I WAS proud of my 240,000km clutch until I read that.

Wait a minute. 4 of the tires? I'm talking about my car, are you talking about a rig?

Yes. I was just messin with ya! But yeah, I run for a long time. But I float shift without the clutch and in 17 years of various trucks, the only clutch I've had replaced was worn out when I got the truck.

07-05-09 11:37 PM
    Understood. But how's he gona feel if it takes him longer to get it after you said he'd be starting uphill within hours? Driving a stick is simple once you get the hang of it, and its a he!! of a lotta fun too, but it does take some time to learn it. Practice, practice, practice. Try, try again & all that ish.

07-05-09 11:42 PM
    Blondie I do not want to argue with you, so I won't.

Let us know how you do Brad. Good luck.

Last edited by exelant; 07-05-09 at 11:51 PM.
    07-05-09 11:46 PM
    Lol, no worries I'm sure I'll be posting pictures of the dents I put in the car a few weeks after I buy it
    07-05-09 11:53 PM
    Hahaha, that's why new drivers shouldn't have new cars. I hope I can convince my daughter of that. Unfortunately I worry her Step-Father will buy her something too nice for a beginner.

My Son is more realistic. He wants an old boat like a caddy or something huge like that.

07-06-09 12:00 AM
86,775 ... 11541155115611571158 ...