If you want to burn through a clutch in 5,000 miles, you can do that. Mom could you clarify that for him!
    yes thats true, you will burn the clutch faster that way, because techinically your "riding the clutch" which is why i dont always use that method. i use that when it raining and wet out so my tires dont loose traction. its not an everyday thing!
    07-05-09 07:43 PM
    Brad, you slowly let out the clutch until you feel it take, then give it gas as you slowly let the clutch out the rest of the way. It isn't hard and you'll get it right away. Modern cars are designed so you don't roll backwards fast. You'll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh okay. I was just thinking in the time it takes you to move from the brake to the clutch, you might roll back enough to bump them
    07-05-09 07:43 PM
    Sheesh, I could have him driving like a pro, with 5 minutes in a car. But online, not so much! Somebody break out the TBL traffic simulator, didn't I order that last week? I bet Jef has it at his house, the dirt-bag.
    07-05-09 07:44 PM
    Sheesh, I could have him driving like a pro, with 5 minutes in a car. But online, not so much! Somebody break out the TBL traffic simulator, didn't I order that last week? I bet Jef has it at his house, the dirt-bag.
    My friend let me drive his truck around a few weeks ago, so I kind of have the changing gears down properly I just kept forgetting to put the clutch down whe I come to a stop aswell
    07-05-09 07:46 PM
    So I guess I'll probably do the e-brake thing to start
    07-05-09 07:46 PM
    Oh okay. I was just thinking in the time it takes you to move from the brake to the clutch, you might roll back enough to bump them
    That's why you have the brake and the gas going at the same time! A little gas, let the clutch start to engage, then roll on the gas as your foot lightens off the brake and the clutch is fully engaged.
    07-05-09 07:47 PM
    My friend let me drive his truck around a few weeks ago, so I kind of have the changing gears down properly I just kept forgetting to put the clutch down whe I come to a stop aswell
    It's just like your pocket bike, only the controls are a little different.
    07-05-09 07:48 PM
    lmao! i know explaining how to use a clutch not easy, now if you could just show him-it'd be soooo much ef'n easier.
    but i actually learned by seeing it on tv in a show when i was like 18, then when i dated my husband(at 21), he had a 5 speed and said you wanna drive. i was like uck yeah! hes like you do know how to drive right?? i was like sure do! (big no-never driven one before.lol) got in and drove into the sunset!

it is easy to learn brad-you just need the co-ordination to work the clutch and gas.
    07-05-09 07:49 PM
    That's why you have the brake and the gas going at the same time! A little gas, let the clutch start to engage, then roll on the gas as your foot lightens off the brake and the clutch is fully engaged.
    Haha, probably sounds alot easier to someone who's been doing it a long time I still get stressed out driving downtown, and outr car's standard...
    07-05-09 07:49 PM
    It's just like your pocket bike, only the controls are a little different.
    And my pocket bike only has 1 gear
    07-05-09 07:50 PM
    Mike, you want to pound those Jav keys anymore? I think we may have him on the right track.
    07-05-09 07:50 PM
    lmao! i know explaining how to use a clutch not easy, now if you could just show him-it'd be soooo much ef'n easier.
    but i actually learned by seeing it on tv in a show when i was like 18, then when i dated my husband(at 21), he had a 5 speed and said you wanna drive. i was like uck yeah! hes like you do know how to drive right?? i was like sure do! (big no-never driven one before.lol) got in and drove into the sunset!

it is easy to learn brad-you just need the co-ordination to work the clutch and gas.
    Lol. Might be pretty soon that I buy a car then I got around 5 grand in the bank, and another $1400 coming to me soon. Might have it before the end of next month
    07-05-09 07:52 PM
    Yeah I've been driving like that for 30 years now, it has become very easy.
    07-05-09 07:52 PM
    Yeah I've been driving like that for 30 years now, it has become very easy.
    I noticed how much more comfortable I am in town and on the highways now. I can sing along to my music while driving, and I even stop for pedestrians
    07-05-09 07:54 PM
    I need someone to teach me how to drive a standard that doesn't yell at me!

07-05-09 07:54 PM
    I need someone to teach me how to drive a standard that doesn't yell at me!

Shift to second! No That's fourth you �diot! *Griiiind* Oops
    07-05-09 07:55 PM
    yes and when people yell at me I cry, soo not a good thing. I just stay away from standards even tho my dad has a nice car that's one.

07-05-09 07:57 PM
    yes and when people yell at me I cry, soo not a good thing. I just stay away from standards even tho my dad has a nice car that's one.

Oh, well then that's the best car to learn in You can grind the gears as he cries I think they'd be more fun to drive on the highways. Just accelerating and changing gears... Would be cool
    07-05-09 08:01 PM
    You need someone with a little patience to take you to a big parking lot when it's empty, then you can practice safely till you get it down.

The Keeper of the Queen

07-05-09 08:02 PM
    It's the twisties where a manual really shines.

The Keeper of the Queen

07-05-09 08:04 PM

My dad would be so mad he has no patience.
    Yes wolf but no one in my family has any patience and my bf doesn't have a standard so nothing to practice on without someone yelling at me.

07-05-09 08:05 PM
    Looks like it'll be a standard then

Oh by the way Ex, Probably going to go see Public Enemies tommorrow. I'll let you know how it is
    07-05-09 08:05 PM

My dad would be so mad he has no patience.
    Yes wolf but no one in my family has any patience and my bf doesn't have a standard so nothing to practice on without someone yelling at me.

Could buy your own standard car and have someone teach you in that That's what I'm doing. I know the basics. But my dad can teach me all the other things I don't know. He used to drive a standard for like 15 years
    07-05-09 08:07 PM
    noo I don't want to waste money on something I don't need.

07-05-09 08:22 PM
    noo I don't want to waste money on something I don't need.

Pfft

07-05-09 08:23 PM
86,775 ... 11521153115411551156 ...