I drive a car a Subaru I am in love with..we had babies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 07:22 PM
    you mean like a 5 speed brad?
    Yeah. Does anybody drive one?
    07-05-09 07:22 PM
    I drive a car a Subaru I am in love with..we had babies.

That wasn't the question Mr.Helpfull...
    07-05-09 07:24 PM
    hi nort-how are you today?

heya pop-hows your day?
    Bored at work super slow day..we set up for Blueberry July and have had like 20 customers! Since 2!

You?

07-05-09 07:25 PM
    Yeah. Does anybody drive one?
    yes i have a mazda3 5 speed. whats your question?
    07-05-09 07:25 PM
    Yes I drive a manual transmission car. Why?
    07-05-09 07:26 PM
    Bored at work super slow day..we set up for Blueberry July and have had like 20 customers! Since 2!

You?

im doing ok-the hubby and i had a nice peaceful day cuz my kids stayed at my sis in laws last night. so i just hung around and iced the foot while the hubby moved some shrubs from one garden to the next.
    07-05-09 07:27 PM
    Okay guys. You're driving uphill towards a stop sign. Someone is already there, so you stop still on the hill. So you're sitting behind them with one foot on the clutch and one foot on the brake. Some one else comes up and pulls within like 6 inches of your back bumper. How do you get moving again without having your car roll back and hit him?
    07-05-09 07:28 PM
    John Dillenger - with Johnny Dep

07-05-09 07:30 PM
    I used to hate those days, when you wondered if anyone would walk in the door. And as a manager who's income was dependent on profit, it was painful! Whatcha got now Snort, and hour and a half. Got it as close to closed as you can get by now I bet.
    07-05-09 07:31 PM
    Okay guys. You're driving uphill towards a stop sign. Someone is already there, so you stop still on the hill. So you're sitting behind them with one foot on the clutch and one foot on the brake. Some one else comes up and pulls within like 6 inches of your back bumper. How do you get moving again without having your car roll back and hit him?
    you have to know how to feather the clutch and gas together to keep from rolling back....its hard to explain and i dont know if you understood what i wrote. maybe wolf can explain better than i do.
    07-05-09 07:31 PM
    It's called heel-to-toe fat-a$$. You have your right foot positioned with the toe on the brake, and the heal works the gas pedal. It takes a little getting used to, but if you ever take a course in racing, that will be one of the first things they teach you.
    07-05-09 07:33 PM
    I do my best Mom! You know what your doing though, that's better than most.
    07-05-09 07:35 PM
    It's called heel-to-toe fat-a$$. You have your right foot positioned with the toe on the brake, and the heal works the gas pedal. It takes a little getting used to, but if you ever take a course in racing, that will be one of the first things they teach you.
    That sounds like a PITA
    07-05-09 07:35 PM
    If your under-confident, you can always use your E-brake till you get it down.
    07-05-09 07:36 PM
    If your under-confident, you can always use your E-brake till you get it down.
    What? Just put the brake on and power through it?
    07-05-09 07:36 PM
    I do my best Mom! You know what your doing though, that's better than most.
    yea i kinda feather on the clutch with a little gas to keep it at one position without rolling back...im sure you understand what i mean because you drive stick.
    07-05-09 07:37 PM
    That sounds like a PITA
    It's so second nature to me now, I don't even think about it. Like I said, it will take some time to get used to, but it has many benefits. When you round a corner, you can blip the throttle, and downshift in the middle of the curve. You can downshift and brake at the same time, if you have to stop fast.
    07-05-09 07:38 PM
    yea i kinda feather on the clutch with a little gas to keep it at one position without rolling back...im sure you understand what i mean because you drive stick.
    Oh I think I understand thast. You don't even touch the break, you just have it reving enough that the car stays still?
    07-05-09 07:39 PM
    What? Just put the brake on and power through it?
    If you have a hand brake it's easier. You can ease off of it, as you ease on the gas. But yes, there's no reason why you couldn't power through it.
    07-05-09 07:40 PM
    Brad, you slowly let out the clutch until you feel it take, then give it gas as you slowly let the clutch out the rest of the way. It isn't hard and you'll get it right away. Modern cars are designed so you don't roll backwards fast. You'll see.

im doing ok-the hubby and i had a nice peaceful day cuz my kids stayed at my sis in laws last night. so i just hung around and iced the foot while the hubby moved some shrubs from one garden to the next.
    I love days of doing nothing.

Oh I think I understand thast. You don't even touch the break, you just have it reving enough that the car stays still?
    If you want to burn through a clutch in 5,000 miles, you can do that. Mom could you clarify that for him!
    07-05-09 07:41 PM
    yes! exactly-you have to play with the clutch with just the right amount of gas to keep her in one spot.
    07-05-09 07:42 PM
    If you have a hand brake it's easier. You can ease off of it, as you ease on the gas. But yes, there's no reason why you couldn't power through it.
    Oh okay. I'd probably do that Not so good with multitasking.... Looking at a standard civic. It will be cheaper to buy, and like another $30 a month cheaper on insurance
    07-05-09 07:42 PM
86,775 ... 11511152115311541155 ...