I have nothing but good things to say about your generation Nort. I have employees from age 21 to 63, give me 20 somethings every day of the week. Don't get me wrong, I have some great people in their 40's and 50's, and all my people are good, but my 20 somethings embrace technology and advances. They never say "what's wrong with the way we do it now." In supervisor courses we are warned about Gen Y and Gen X ers, told we have to entertain them and get a buy-in from them. I don't think its true, all I ever hear is OK when I ask for something. Of course, there is a drawback, some are alergic to mops and brooms, , I get them over that pretty fast, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 11:24 AM
    Yeah, kids and technology are no problem. I gave my Curve to one of the girls on my team (prolly 11 years old) to make a phone call. She had no problems making a phone call. The other coach was like "I have a simple cell phone. Do you want to use it instead of that 'computer'?"
    06-16-09 11:29 AM
    Calico ?

06-16-09 11:30 AM
    What? No cats allowed!
    06-16-09 11:32 AM
    That's cat this time people!

06-16-09 11:33 AM
    I have nothing but good things to say about your generation Nort. I have employees from age 21 to 63, give me 20 somethings every day of the week. Don't get me wrong, I have some great people in their 40's and 50's, and all my people are good, but my 20 somethings embrace technology and advances. They never say "what's wrong with the way we do it now." In supervisor courses we are warned about Gen Y and Gen X ers, told we have to entertain them and get a buy-in from them. I don't think its true, all I ever hear is OK when I ask for something. Of course, there is a drawback, some are alergic to mops and brooms, , I get them over that pretty fast, lol.

Thanks Mike!

I do like to mop though, I call the brooms "sweepers" just to make everyone angry.
    06-16-09 11:35 AM
    That's funny Jef. I hear that all the time, or "I just want a phone!" I think everyone in this thread has put it all together. Everyone who uses a blackberry is preparing for what's coming in the workplace. We use PDA's connecected by WiFi to record operator rounds through my plant. They scan and enter information, get a time stamp and chain of custody records, can write work requests for maintenance, and order Pizza Hut. Lol, All from devices that work just like our Berries.

06-16-09 11:42 AM
    I got my G2! What's up losers! I can drive legally now . Hehehe. Now I need to go look at cars

06-16-09 11:47 AM
    Congratulations fat-a$$!

06-16-09 11:50 AM
    Thanks Wolf. Ran a pedestrian over but the instructor said she was taking too long to cross the road anyhow

06-16-09 11:52 AM
    Congrats b-s!

No problem Norton. You are already doing something that's important, spending time with one employer. We do look at longevity. It is a huge red flag to job hop. When we see a person in their 30's who changed jobs every year we wonder about loyalty. Is this person going to stay after we spend a fortune training them. The job hoppers are often caught off guard when the jobs available to them in their 20's aren't there for them when they hit 35.

Congrats BS!!!

Mike, I got my daughter a BB because it was free, and because I want her to get used to using them... She wants to switch to a dual slider, but I'm going to try to keep her on the BB...
    06-16-09 11:54 AM
    Well Mike, I got 10 years in this year @ UPS. Got a job for me out there?
    06-16-09 11:54 AM
    I'll bet that's a huge relief Fat A$$! Good for you, now go get that first speeding ticket.

06-16-09 11:55 AM
    Thanks Wolf. Ran a pedestrian over but the instructor said she was taking too long to cross the road anyhow
    Thank G_d I've got an unhealthy sense of humor.

06-16-09 11:55 AM
    I got my G2! What's up losers! I can drive legally now . Hehehe. Now I need to go look at cars

Congrats, it seemed like a 5 year process
    06-16-09 12:01 PM

Congrats BS!

06-16-09 12:05 PM
    Well I'll see everyone on the WAP side of things, going to shine up the old golf clubs to put on eBay then off to work.
    06-16-09 12:06 PM
    Thanks guys . Still gotta insure myself on my parents car but... After that ill start looking for my honda civic . Nothing wrong with unhealthy humour Wolf... Its the ne "in" thing

06-16-09 12:09 PM
    For a job at my plant Jef, you have to start planning now. Water and wastewater jobs are there. We never have enough trained plant operators to go around. It's a pretty well kept secret, lol. They are great jobs though, science on an industrial scale, and pay 30 to 35K to start, 50K after 3 years.

Every state has a water technology program at at least one community college. The way into the field is to enroll in one of those programs. All states also have a certification program for plant operators, once enrolled, and after a class or two you'll be ready to take the exam for the lowest certification level. For example, Colorado has four levels with increasing requirements to sit for each. One can take a Colorado D exam with no experience or school requirements, but need 30 days experience or a 3 credit hour college water tech course. After you have a class or two and a certification, fill out an app when I have an opening and you'll get an interview - we do phone interviews and will hire out of state - but one must do a face to face to get a job offer. Of course, you'll be eligible to get a job anywhere - and these jobs are everywhere, even cruise ships BS,

Well Mike, I got 10 years in this year @ UPS. Got a job for me out there?
    Dyt

Last edited by exelant; 06-16-09 at 01:30 PM.
    06-16-09 12:16 PM
    I am the "Head of Research". Lol.

I'm doing laundry now too. Never did get it all finished the other day. Once my fiance walks through the door tonight I am making him do some cleaning and laundry. I'm trying to clean up our room and organize it better.

I went to get dirty clothes off his side of the bed, since he never seems to use the hamper, and almost had a heart attack after picking them up. He's got so much junk over there, I don't know how he can stand to look at it!

perhaps steve and my husband are loooong lost brothers??? lmao! sounds like our room!
    06-16-09 12:23 PM

!!CONGRATS BRAD!! be safe
    06-16-09 12:26 PM
    Will do. Damn this takes all day to geth through this lineup... I'm still sitting here

06-16-09 12:37 PM
    ...*makes another round of the color-changing concoction for Shelli and Kasi*...

Well Shelli, you can pick a name for the cocktail as you were the test sample...

Also, tell us what it tastes like...
    ok jef---heres the big announcement for the name of the drink!!!

Liquid Jekyll&Hyde

and it tastes like a cherry/orange/lime swirly slurpee!
    06-16-09 12:40 PM
86,775 ... 903904905906907 ...