Ok, 1 more post for a while probably.
    Morning fat-a$$!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wolfie. How's it going?
    06-15-09 10:23 AM
    BS you just keep wishing to yourself that you could be as ufcking cool as me

06-15-09 10:28 AM
    BS you just keep wishing to yourself that you could be as ufcking cool as me

You kidding? I'm way cooler. I've already got the Miley Cyrus tickets Hahahah!
    06-15-09 10:30 AM
    Yea well if you're into Miley Cyrus then you've got bigger problems than I thought!

06-15-09 10:33 AM
    Yea well if you're into Miley Cyrus then you've got bigger problems than I thought!

Oh yeah She's like, super cool

06-15-09 10:34 AM
    Morning losers!
    hello brad. How r you today?

Well, just back from docs-took more blood-she said my #'s sugar wise were doing good & I'm doing a good job-but she didnt like to see the very FEW and I mean few that were like 230ish. (Maybe hap'd 3-5 times) so I get blood results on Wednesday this week to see where my A1c is at - fasting- blah blah blah!!!

So hello to anyone I may have missed earlier

06-15-09 10:40 AM
    hello brad. How r you today?

Well, just back from docs-took more blood-she said my #'s sugar wise were doing good & I'm doing a good job-but she didnt like to see the very FEW and I mean few that were like 230ish. (Maybe hap'd 3-5 times) so I get blood results on Wednesday this week to see where my A1c is at - fasting- blah blah blah!!!

So hello to anyone I may have missed earlier

Hi Shelli Wow, that quick for results huh? I still haven't got my blood type or anything back yet. But the hospital hasn't called so I guess there's nothing wrong with me Or uhh.. Nothing wrong with my blood
    06-15-09 10:43 AM
    Hey Shells I'm happy to hear its all good! I'm gona shoot you a pic of th beautiful lillies I walked out to see in my yard this morning

06-15-09 10:43 AM
    Hey Kas I'm trying to score tix to that concert myself & I saw that the DC concert prices were $40-$80 so if you can get them there should be $40 seats where you are too. Getting them is the hard part tho

Yeah, I just looked on ticketmaster and they do have $40 seats but there wasn't an option to find tickets. I have a feeling her concert in the area may be sold out already. That would be the perfect thing to get for Melissa though, plus the concert is two weeks before her birthday so it would make a great present for that as well.

06-15-09 10:45 AM
    Hi Shelli Wow, that quick for results huh? I still haven't got my blood type or anything back yet. But the hospital hasn't called so I guess there's nothing wrong with me Or uhh.. Nothing wrong with my blood
    yea......about that Brad-we're not so sure! . Lmao!

And 99% of the time you have to call them to get your results!

06-15-09 10:47 AM
    Hey Shells I'm happy to hear its all good! I'm gona shoot you a pic of th beautiful lillies I walked out to see in my yard this morning

cool and thanks! I hope my results come back really really good!

06-15-09 10:49 AM
    yea......about that Brad-we're not so sure! . Lmao!

And 99% of the time you have to call them to get your results!

They said if there was anything wrong, they would be calling me. I get my donor card in the mail soon so I'll find out my blood type then

Was just showing my dad that Unify4life website that shows the blackberries syncing with verything That stuff looks so cool
    06-15-09 10:52 AM
    Hello Fat A$$! How you doing? Emma and I did see X-Men/wolverine. She loved it, I liked it. He was bad ***, but not as bad as his brother!

06-15-09 11:12 AM
    Hello Fat A$$! How you doing? Emma and I did see X-Men/wolverine. She loved it, I liked it. He was bad ***, but not as bad as his brother!

Lol, I said it wasn't too bad I have seen some pretty crappy movies this year though. Transformers 2 is coming out soon I hope it's awesome, I'd be so dissappointed.

I'm doing good by the way. how are you doing?
    06-15-09 11:15 AM
    Epilogue to my story.

I was awakened the next morning by the sounds of thunder. My head pounding, my pulse sounding like tympani drums in my temples. Uggggghhhhh. I fumbled my keys from a pocket, and unlocked the front flap of my bunk, pulling out my bottle of Panadol.

I managed to swallow them, and as I eased from my pit, the top of my head launched off and hit the overhead (ceiling). I scooped it up gingerly, and duct-taped it back on until I could see well enough to use super glue.
    I headed over to the scuttlebut�, and took a looooonnnnng drink, I was so thirsty! I had heard of hangovers, but never experienced one. And what I thought was, wasn't. I realized I was still very, very blitzed.

So I climbed into the shower, scrubbing off the effluvium of the previous nights' revelry, and proceeded to get dressed and go for breakfast before morning quarters.

As we formed up, I was swaying in the breeze. I was on a happy train. My head was swimming, and I new the morning would be interesting. It was, but not in the way I anticipated.

As quarters ended, I was instructed, in front of everyone, to report to the executive officer's stateroom at 0815.

(Skraaaatch) everything froze, and suddenly, I felt very sober.

I change into a spotless work uniform and show up early, there's Chief Caro, and the glare is enough to weld steel. I can feel my bu�� is turning into burnt toast. Shoulda grabbed the hotsuit from the flight deck.

We are ushered into the XOs cabin, and his glare makes the chief's look positively chilly. He looks me up and down and snorts.

"So, BMSN, I saw you got a little drunk last night. How drunk did you get?"

Pretty drunk, sir, I replied.

Exactly HOW drunk did you get. I thought about that, and figured I better be specific.

Well, sir, I got absolutely, positively roaring drunk, sir. I was staggering around, dropping drinks, laughing my a$$ off, puking on the sidewalk, falling on my a$$ and passing out drunk, sir. No doubt about it.

"Why did you get so drunk, son?"

Well, sir, I have been in the Navy 3 years now, and I've heard sea-stories of guys going overseas and getting hammered. I had waited long enough. I was sunsick, dehydrated, and pi$$ed-off at the world. I got so thoroughly wasted, sir, because it seemed like the thing to do at the time. Ya'll paid for the booze, and I took advantage of the situation.

He looked at me, and asked how many times I'd been dragged back by the Shore Patrol.

None sir, and that is the only time it will happen.
    Do you have any problems going on that we need to know about?

No, sir.

Why aren't you a Petty officer yet?

Sir, I was one. I tangled with the former BM1, and came out minus a stripe, added a bad attitude.

He turns to the Chief, and asks him for a spot evaluation, and my heart drops into the abyss. Grab the Phillip's head boys, I'm screwed.

And get a total shock.

The Chief replies:

"XO, I have been in the Navy since '67, and I have known a great many sailors. I have had so many different people serve with and under me. This young man is one of the smartest, ballsiest, men I've known in these 19 years. Right now he is a colossal waste, and I'd like to change that."

My heart nearly stopped. This man had the opportunity to bury me for my disrespect a couple of months back, and he was backing me up? Whoa. Totally new concept.

I was told to leave the room. My head was spinning anyway, so it was a good idea.

I was told to come back in a few minutes later.

"Sailor", I was told by the XO," I'm not going to restrict you for a 1st time offense, even as egregious as it was. But I'm giving you fair notice now, further problems will net you much additional grief. You have until the next advancement cycle to be recommended and pass the 3rd class exam again. Failure to do either, I will see to it that you are discharged from the Navy with Other Than Honorable status. Do you understand what I've just told you?"

Absolutely, sir.

Chief, he's all yours.

We departed the stateroom, and the Chief led me to the Boatswain's locker, our divisional office.

He had me sit down by his desk, and sat down to talk to me.

"Son, what I told you up there was true. You have a huge amount of potential, but no confidence in yourself. We're gonna change that. You have some serious ba**s to stand up and not back down. You didn't whine when I sent you off for detail, either. So, I have basically two choices. I can make you, or I can kill you. Which do you prefer?"

We became very good friends. He taught me how to lead men. I got the recommendation for 3rd class, and received my new crow and a custom-engraved Boatswain's pipe from him. Turns out, I was pretty good after all.

I was recommended for and took the 2nd class exam prior to departing for my next duty station. I had extended aboard for another 2 months to train him a new crew of LSEs. Our esprit de corps was high, our training level was awesome, and I was preparing to leave on a high note.

We returned from a mini-cruise, and I would be leaving for my new command. My new fiance�
    was waiting at the foot of the brow, dressed in her finest red dress, waiting, because they had arranged for me to be the first off that day. Men were lining the side of the ship, watching, as 6 guys lined up, and the Chief himself piped me ashore, an honor usually accorded only to senior officers.

I walked off the brow with eyes brimming. I met my fiance� at the foot of it, and swept her over in a huge kiss. The quiet moment was shattered as cheers erupted, a rousing ovation from my shipmates, and still, one of the greatest moments of my life.

Footnote. I was promoted to BM2 in the first increment of that cycle. I went back to visit the Chief, and was invited to join him for lunch in the Chief's mess, a very rare honor. The guys all formed up and sang "He's a jolly good fellow", and it was a good day, too.

As a side to this, I married my fiance� on the flight deck of the U.S.S. Fox in September of '88, before an audience of 800 people. It was an event covered as a piece of ship's history, and entered into the official log. The Captain walked the bride down the aisle.
    Another glorious day.

06-15-09 11:35 AM
    BK, why didn't you stay 20?

06-15-09 11:51 AM
    Whatta ya mean, Mike?

06-15-09 11:53 AM
    OMG OMG!! I just scored Miley tickets!!!!!!

06-15-09 12:11 PM
    I swear that danged panda just don't listen, his unicorn wife beat the living poo outta him but all he did was just barf rainbow's.

06-15-09 12:11 PM
    OMG OMG!! I just scored Miley tickets!!!!!!

How cool!

06-15-09 12:13 PM
    I am sooooo excited! I'm gona b th coolest Momma ever!!

06-15-09 12:18 PM
    I am sooooo excited! I'm gona b th coolest Momma ever!!

Yeah totally I'll see you at the concert Blondie

I'm going to town, I'll catch you guys later, have a good one
    06-15-09 12:21 PM
    when I checked on friday they still weren't on sale & I'd didn't say when they would be but my girlfriend called this morning & said they went on sale saturday. I got nosebleeds but idgaf its still gonna rock & my sister & cousin & little cousin same age as my daughter are coming too! Were gona rock it out & make tshirts & everything! Only part that sux is we have to wait until november 3rd. That's soo far away!

06-15-09 12:21 PM
    My 12 YO can't stand miley - she's influenced by her older brother and likes alternative and metal, lol, and everything Japanese.

My daughter and your's are alike. Mine will be 12 in Nov. And can't stand Miley either. Go figure. I am not complaining! LOL!

06-15-09 12:22 PM
    Hey, SBerry, I saved that link for your team. What is the easiest way to donate. I've been a little busy and haven't gotten to it yet.

06-15-09 12:22 PM
86,775 ... 883884885886887 ...