I did have one photo to show you guys from the trip, all others were taken without the other parties consent.

Just kidding Kanga!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 05:46 AM
    Mike, I noticed you would have to perform surgery to replace the trackball on a Javelin. Is this something I should be concerned about or a rare reliability issue?

06-10-09 05:50 AM
    I'm not sure, let's see how the replacement works. I love the device and it has been trouble free until this, but it's been getting gradually worse. Now it won't roll up at all, I have to use. The shortcut key to get to the top of the page.

06-10-09 05:53 AM
    I'm gone 15 min and everyone shows up! Morning mike.
    06-10-09 05:58 AM
    Got a paper cut owwie! This is sooo not my week.
    06-10-09 06:01 AM
    Thanks Mike, I expect updates.

06-10-09 06:03 AM
    wrong-o daddy-o... in 13 days and counting lmfao
    I guess it was another Chelsey I know, then, and for my terrible and grevious error place myself on the punishment pedestal for the obligatory 40 lashes with a wet noodle. Please, be gentle.

06-10-09 06:09 AM
    Morning bk you sleep well under the stars of tx?
    06-10-09 06:15 AM
    I slept the sleep of a clear conscience. The heat from yesterday had just sucked the life out of me. And into the depths I swam. I was posting with you and the others, Bam, I was gone.

06-10-09 06:21 AM
    I slept the sleep of a clear conscience. The heat from yesterday had just sucked the life out of me. And into the depths I swam. I was posting with you and the others, Bam, I was gone.

Yeah the heat does wear you out alot faster. Glad you slept good tho.
    06-10-09 06:28 AM
    CONGRATS JEF!!!! Your new niece is ADORABLE!!!!!

06-10-09 06:45 AM
    Thanks Mike, I expect updates.

The bad thing is I believe I have to go without my device for a few days while they get a new one to me, . I am going to check with my friends at the tmo storee and see if they can replace it, but I'm thinking they can't.
    Anyway, I will keep you informed Wolfers
    Bye all, time for work.

06-10-09 06:46 AM
    good morning people

06-10-09 06:46 AM
    Morning shelli

06-10-09 06:54 AM
    Morning Shelli!

06-10-09 06:59 AM
    Morning Sheli!

Let me try that again:
    Come on Beast, we've got a run going!

Somebody, anybody? Hello,Hello, Hello...
    Last edited by BigBadWolf; 06-10-09 at 07:28 AM.
    06-10-09 07:06 AM
    Guess everyone left...

06-10-09 07:32 AM
    Ack! gers!

06-10-09 07:36 AM
    I hate wen that happens too! Your posting away.....then all ya hear are the sound of crickets chirping!

06-10-09 07:38 AM
    chirp chirp chirp

06-10-09 07:40 AM
    kasi-i don't know how the weather is by you---but it is raining here again!!! UGH!

06-10-09 07:40 AM
    chirp chirp chirp

cute Shil real cute! LOL.
    So how are you today? And your car? (Do I dare ask?)

06-10-09 07:42 AM
    Suppose to rain here today its really muggy outside humidity is at like 80 percent ugh. Does anyone watch the show big brother? Know when it airs this season??

06-10-09 07:45 AM
    And, my story continues......

Part IX

I reported to the Mess Deck Master-at-Arms (MDMAA), the Petty Officer who had the duty over the guys on mess duty. (Mess is a Navy eating facility, galley a kitchen)

He looked at me and said I could go to the scullery (dishwashing unit in a compartment the size of an average smaller bedroom, where you are wet all the time, mostly from sweat)for that job. Been there, done that, and since I'm the senior guy here, I just don't think that's gonna work, guy, I told him. He thought about it, and told me to take over the drink line. Cool.

Now, the guy on the drink line is a busy guy, and can get a lot of perks if he has his schitt together. I had an advantage here, I'd been tutored by Chief Methuselah (don't really remember his name, he'd just been around forever)on the art and mysticism of producing Navy coffee.
    Now, our coffee service had 4 large units. We usually had 2 active, and 2 ready to brew. It came in 2 forms, Original, and Extra Crispy.

Original was kinda lightweight stuff. It was for the average coffee drinker, and was the second straining from the brewing of a pot of Extra Crispy.

Extra Crispy was a sailors' best friend. The brew is heavy, richly flavored, and can wake the dead, be substituted for torpedo fuel in a pinch, and has been known to make the unwitting Original drinker blow steam out of his ears like an old locomotive whistle. (I've heard it is also used to remove barnacles, but have never confirmed this!)

Stronnnng stuff.

And they man who can make it is worshiped like a god descending from Mt. Olympus. So I had found a way to get popular with a lot of the guys from other divisions.

Things were working out very well until I was approached by the Mess Chief and MDMAA, and offered the primo job for a mess attendant. Jack'o the Dust, the guy in charge of the storerooms and reefers and freezer. He works mostly alone, fills the supply orders for each day, and keeps the storage areas tidy. He also has access to everything. Yowza, Yowza, Yowza.

I was a happy guy. And I could make others happy, too.

Like the time the cooks made chili. Standard Navy fare. Sometimes as exciting as, mashed potatoes.

The cooks were about to toss a hundred and fifty pounds of leftover chili. Ohhhh Noooo!! Give it to me, I asked, I'm gonna take it and work on it, and I'll freeze it for later (not normally done). I doctored 4 large trays of chili, and stashed it in the freezer, where it sat for about 3 weeks.

This led to a bout one night with mid-rats. This is a mini-meal served at 11pm, or 2300, for the oncoming/off going watch crews. Usually, it's sandwiches, but one night, Ray found my chili and thawed it. And he put it on the line.

It disappeared fast! The guys just gorged on it. They absolutely demolished all of it before mid-rats ended. Even the officers had a batch of it.

Now, since I was free to work my own hours, I would wander at night, sometimes, and went up to the bridge to shoot the breeze with my guys on midwatch. While I was there, I discovered my chili had an interesting effect.

A...symphony...had begun to...warm up, shall we say. Woodwinds and brass. At least one of the guys had brought a duck call. I swear the lieutenant had smuggled a tuba onto the bridge, and in the red tinted darkness, we discovered the REAL meaning of greenhouse gases...

So about 0200, I eased away into the corner by the Captain's chair, since no one was supposed to be there. Eased out an SBD (my emissions are legendary, sometimes) and sneaked away, back over to the chart table.

And who should walk in but the XO, 2nd in command, and goes over near the scene of the crime. Then the CO walks in, across the bridge, and climbs up into his chair and settles in.

The mine explodes....

A rather loud exclamation is heard as the Captain says "Holy schitt, XO, are you going to say excuse me?! It smells like a effing goat locker up here."

I slipped silently down into CIC (Combat Information Center) and out through there and onto the Harpoon deck with tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks! I laughed so hard I almost wet myself!

It all went swimmingly, and at the end of June, I was relieved, then I returned to my parent division.

Back to an unknown fate.

06-10-09 07:46 AM
    cute Shil real cute! LOL.
    So how are you today? And your car? (Do I dare ask?)

well you said the crickets I figured I'd be a cricket. I'm ok don't feel that great and its running but still leakin an crap.

06-10-09 07:46 AM
86,775 ... 808809810811812 ...