hey Mike-glad to hear you got Tanya's stuff straightened out.....any leads on recovering what she got stolen tho by any chance??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 09:05 PM
    Part VII

After completiion of RefTra, we embarked on combat exercises. As a warship, we had to coordinate with others.

We operated with the Jersey, Long Beach, Gray, Thach, and Wabash. We operated with other ships in various formations.

They called this collection of warships:Battle Group Romeo.

We hunted submarines, our primary mission. And I quickly got my quals as an LSE completed.

But, as it is said, the trouble soon began.

I'd been aboard ship since Nov.'83. It was now Mar of '86. And I was burning out. I had not taken time off, and it was showing. So, I requested leave, a few weeks in advance. Granted.

I bought my ticket early so I could get it for a song. I'd be flying home to Texas for 30 days of no pressure. I needed it.

One day out, I was informed my leave was being cancelled. And I boiled over. Well, really, I exploded. Total fury. My tickets were non-reundable, and I was supposed to fly out at 0800. Since the word came down from Officer's Country, the lower chain of command was out.

I was told by the lieutenant that the ship was going on an unscheduled excercise, and I was going. I replied " No,Sir, you are quite incorrect, I AM going. You just don't know it yet. He called Chief Caro to head me off.

Caro intercepted me, and he tried to get me to back down. I didn't know him enough to trust him, and by now, I didn't care. He stood and glared at me, and I at him. (Texas plays here, from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)

He let me go by, down to the Command Master Chief.
    I sat down and talked emphatically with him. He evaluated the situation, and told me to stay put.

About 30 minutes later, he walks the lieutenant in. He drops a piece of paper in front of me, stares daggers, then walks out.

The CMC tells me to have a great leave.

I got my gear, signed out, and got a motel near the airport, before someone could change their mind.

Crazy, not dumb.

Last edited by BergerKing; 06-10-09 at 10:22 AM.
    06-08-09 09:07 PM
    I feel so rejected

Ello Shelli everyone who's here. Day one is done.

I feel so rejected

do I dare ask why BS?

06-08-09 09:11 PM
    ello nort!!! Ow are ya ti-day bloke? :::in my best aussie accent :::

06-08-09 09:12 PM
    Ooooooh the plot thickens and my eyes are glued to the screen in anticipation of what is yet to come.......

06-08-09 09:15 PM
    Ooooooh the plot thickens and my eyes are glued to the screen in anticipation of what is yet to come.......

yea..... :::hands Blondie some kettle corn and a diet pepsi::: :::whispers::: I think Shil has some gummy worms left.....

06-08-09 09:19 PM
    ello nort!!! Ow are ya ti-day bloke? :::in my best aussie accent :::

I'm doing good you this evening?

06-08-09 09:20 PM
    No word yet Shells. It'd be real tough to prove anything. Oh well, I guess we're not immune out in the country either.

06-08-09 09:21 PM
    Hey everyone, hi! What a day I've had! Had to help Tanya take care of all the stuff you do when you lose a purse, cancel credit cards, get a new driver's license, get her cash from my savings. It's just heII thinking it is probably someone we've had over for bbq's.
    Lol, on the plus side, I saw a new Camero cruising down the highway! What a sweet looking car! That's what I'm saving up for next . I think a dark dark blue or a candy red with a pair of white rally stripes down the hood, top and trunk.

i know the new Camero's are SWEET!!!!

dont know if u are a ford lover. (im not and can tell u a few things of that FORD stands for lol) have u seen the new mustangs??? they have totally funked up hte back end. it it totally fuggly.
    06-08-09 09:23 PM
    No word yet Shells. It'd be real tough to prove anything. Oh well, I guess we're not immune out in the country either.

well I am real sorry to hear all the ish that your going thru with it. Unfortunately-country or city-if someones watching your habits-they'll make an attempt I guess-scums of thE earth.

06-08-09 09:25 PM
    I'm hangin in nort thanks!

Hey Chels

06-08-09 09:27 PM
    hey-ya shelli
    06-08-09 09:30 PM
    good night

06-08-09 09:36 PM
    I feel so rejected

Aw, poor BS. Why's that?

06-08-09 09:36 PM
    girls shall we cheer BS up????

:: puts him in a dress and stuffs BS in the closet!!!:::
    06-08-09 09:38 PM
    Cuz Shelli said she didn't want to talk to anyone on BBM . Holy Crap the thunder here.... That was insane... Felt myself shake .

06-08-09 09:55 PM
    Cuz Shelli said she didn't want to talk to anyone on BBM . Holy Crap the thunder here.... That was insane... Felt myself shake .

You're getting the storm we had earlier.
    06-08-09 09:57 PM
    Part VIII.

My leave went well. I slept in, rode horses, and generally told the world to kiss off for a month.

I returned to the ship with a week to go before we would deploy. I was met by one of my shipmates and told to get my gear ready, I was gonna be transferred to another ship until the deployment was over.

Oops.

I prepared things as instructed, and went to work, deciding that discretion was the better part of valor.

I was kept on edge that week. I was/wasn't going. I figured I was gonna take my hit for my impertinence. I was told, finally, to bring my stuff up on deck to transfer, so, I toted everything topside, where I was asked by the watch officer, where was I going?

He informed me there were no such orders. A light popped on in my head. I now had a clue what was going on. I was being harassed for my little show the previous month, but I didn't let on that I knew.

The following morning, we got underway for deployment. It was a cool, gray day, the cries of the gulls competed with men making preparations for sea. The 1MC blared, lines and brow taken in, the tugs gave off a mighty blast of exhaust a shrill whistle blew, we were underway!

As the sound of the ship's whistle died, we formed up on the forecastle, and stood to for Quarters.

It was at this time, I was instructed that once Sea and Anchor was secured, I was to report to the Mess Deck for duty. I replied, Wait, I've already HAD mess duty.

You have two months more, came the growled reply.

I stared at the Chief for a moment, and replied, "Aye, Chief." No argument, this time.

06-08-09 10:07 PM

That'll be me tomorrow. We're suppose to get some pretty bad storms here.

06-08-09 10:08 PM
    Lol. Thanks Chels... You suck

It's a pretty good storm . I love thunderstorms . Shoulda had more to eat today, just felt sick as he!! Right there

06-08-09 10:08 PM
    I don't know is on second!

Why are you asking me Pink? I don't know who is on second. So again... I don't know who is on second! Who is on third?

LMAO! Classic Abbot and Costello! (Sp?)

06-08-09 10:12 PM
    more BK!!! MORE!!!! lol.
    06-08-09 10:14 PM
    i want a milkshake

or maybe i will try the blender and make a dr pepper cherry slushie... ooo that sound GOOD!!!!
    06-08-09 10:15 PM
86,775 ... 775776777778779 ...