Morning Chadski!
    Strawberry, those were of Colorado. Garden of the Gods to be specific. The last of those series was one I did shoot myself, I really need to get the rest on my computer. It's a formation called "Kissing Camels", and I was fortunate enough to catch it at just the right time. Ex also post the one of Pikes Peak, which is an amazing site to visit.
    05-25-09 07:54 AM
    Wolf how beautiful! Where in the world did they come from?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 07:55 AM
    From what I've heard peacocks are really mean & very protective. Is that one guarding your precious rx7 in the garage?

05-25-09 08:01 AM
    The peacocks have been here for over 60 years, since the property was nothing but orange grove. So I live with the peacocks, they do not live with me. They are protective, although I've never experienced them being mean. I wish that was my garage, I only have a carport. I quite often find them surrounding me as I work in the yard. Waiting to be able to get to the grubs and what-not I've unearthed. They also love to come as soon as I have mowed. A couple of the neighbors complained and tried to have them removed a while back. They failed as the rest of us were up in arms! How you could look at a house in this little hood, and not notice them is beyond me. Besides the visual attraction, the sounds they make are quite loud and distinct. There are well over a hundred, concentrated in a few blocks. It is a local tourist attraction.
    05-25-09 08:13 AM
    Hello everyone that's here right now, we're still open woo.
    05-25-09 08:26 AM
    That is so cool! Did someone bring them there like as in a peacock farm (lol is there even such a thing as a peacock farm?!) Or are they just local to your area?
    They truly are beautiful!
    Wolf have you ever been to South Dakota? My Mom lived there for a few years, close to the Wyoming side, and that was absolutely the most beautiful place I've ever been. The most beautiful landscape/scenery photos I've ever taken were from there.

05-25-09 08:33 AM
    Hello everyone that's here right now, we're still open woo.
    We're still open cause we all decided to go to sleep!

05-25-09 08:35 AM
    Morning Nort! How are you today?

05-25-09 08:35 AM
    We're still open cause we all decided to go to sleep!

True true

Morning Nort! How are you today?

I'm alright, my umbrella for patio table outside blew up on the roof this morning, windy day. How goes it for you?
    05-25-09 09:00 AM
    Morning cn & SG, yes still open. I imagine a few mods feathers are ruffled, and ears are burning. But hopefully all in all discussions like ours will only help to improve the issue.

Strawberry, they are kept to keep watch in some rural areas. They sound when disturbed and you can't miss it when they do. They are actually native to India. No, that is one area I have not yet been, but plan to. I have heard before that it is spectacular. Florida too has many beautiful sights, although my favorite doesn't look much like the state at all, and #2 doesn't either. Here's Bok Tower on the highest point in the peninsular. The gardens are fantastic, and the clarion bells are something to hear. It is a requirement of mine to go there at least every other month, they call it America's Taj Mahal. A place to reset my mind within an with G_d.

And here's an image of my #2, a beach shot of Hutchinson Island. It's a pretty secret place to even most natives, and as you can see is more like the coast of Maine, than Florida. That's reef that has been carved out, and extends for miles off shore. The "rocky" coast is only maybe a 10th of a mile long, but amazing.
    05-25-09 09:05 AM
    *stumbles back to the room* wow, i havent been here all weekend. I have been keeping busy, and yesterday I was in NYC at the Alex Grey Art Studio.

Alex Grey

if you are or are not into art, you will have a whole new respect for it.

so how the heck is everyone!?!
    05-25-09 09:07 AM
    Good morning, everyone!

We honor my brothers and sisters today.

The ones who fought, and went away.

They sacrificed, for us, just make them dear,

Stay in our hearts, we keep them near.

For without their love of this great land,

Would they have chosen, to rise and stand?

For our thoughts, should be with them,

Our prayers we say, and end, Amen.

05-25-09 09:12 AM
    Morning dream, Beast.

Dream that is some wild stuff. Thanks for sharing it.
    05-25-09 09:19 AM
    Morning dream, Beast.

Dream that is some wild stuff. Thanks for sharing it.
    morning wolf,

if only the pictures actually did it justice. this guy is enough to blow your mind.

there is a dvd documentary he made about how he creates the pieces and the meanings behind them, i would highly recommend that as well.
    05-25-09 09:21 AM
    Good morning all,
    Happy Memorial Day. BK I agree, today we honor and remember those who gave the most to preserve our Freedom.

05-25-09 09:27 AM
    Dream, how much do one of his paintings go for? I'm digging the "Praying" one.

05-25-09 09:32 AM
    i dont think he actually sells them sadly because they are all on display, he only has 1 of each, they take him about a year each to complete
    05-25-09 09:34 AM
    i dont think he actually sells them sadly because they are all on display, he only has 1 of each, they take him about a year each to complete
    Ah, well that sucks! He could make a killing if he reproduced them!

05-25-09 09:44 AM
    Yeah I know, I did see one piece in the studio for sale, it was probably no larger then 12 x 12 which is tiny compared to the rest, (which are like 8 ft tall and 4 ft wide) and it was running $1200
    05-25-09 09:47 AM
    Wolf those are some beautiful places!
    You always amaze me with the scenery pictures you post. I love them so keep 'em coming!
    Sadly, I have to get back to work now. We can't go home until our work is done!
    Hope everyone enjoys their day. I think when I get a chance I'll venture over to the military threads to give my thanks.
    Peace

05-25-09 09:48 AM
    I find it hard to believe an artist wouldn't sell anything he makes, though a few won't.

SG, what's a hardware issue? I can't bloody believe that either!
    05-25-09 09:49 AM
    I find it hard to believe an artist wouldn't sell anything he makes, though a few won't.

SG, what's a hardware issue? I can't bloody believe that either!
    The he11 if I know what a hardware issue is! It sounded good though, you must admit!

05-25-09 09:52 AM
    I'm thinking a few consecutive battery pulls, and he'll be set.
    05-25-09 09:54 AM
    I'm thinking a few consecutive battery pulls, and he'll be set.
    Nope, won't work! Tried that when it happened to me. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. Tried every trick known to man and finally just had to replace it.

05-25-09 09:58 AM
    Joking SG, simply joking. Dang, why you gotta be so serious all the time!
    05-25-09 09:59 AM
86,775 ... 498499500501502 ...