I could probably use something like those products for my Cherokee, BK. It's got 150K, but it still gets me over a pass. I'm planning a 4x4 fishing trip with my kids this Summer. I'd hate to have to walk out of the back country,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 11:21 AM
    Oh, I think the civic I'm looking at has 120 but... It's a car. It gets 32 and 39. Not getting any better than that unless I get a hybrid or a Prius Now I'm looking at CD decks and navigations systems for it Figure if I spend up to 6000 on the car, and 1000 on after market. Should be good.
    05-24-09 11:21 AM
    Good morning, everyone!!!!

These crazy dreams have got to stop! ^-^

05-24-09 11:24 AM
    Sounds like a plan, BS. I have been using my Jav's GPS and AmAze for navagation. AnAze works pretty well for a free ap. Not as many features as the telenav pay app, but the voice directions are clear and easy to follow. So far it has selected the routes I would have - avoiding toll roads, etc.

05-24-09 11:26 AM
    Good morning, everyone!!!!

These crazy dreams have got to stop! ^-^

I had a dream about tripping into a pool with my BB in my pocket last night... That's wierd, I'd say I've probably already dreamed about my phone falling in water about 10 times....Pretty sad, that's what I drream about
    05-24-09 11:27 AM
    The sound system in my Honda is nice, but the CD deck came with a cassette deck?! Who uses cassettes anymore? I might look at a replacement for it. The speakers are good enough - but it needs a better sub.

05-24-09 11:29 AM
    Should get some Euro tail lights, and underglows. Mag wheels, and subwoofers pounding away... Rice it all out like some other people....
    05-24-09 11:32 AM
    I could probably use something like those products for my Cherokee, BK. It's got 150K, but it still gets me over a pass. I'm planning a 4x4 fishing trip with my kids this Summer. I'd hate to have to walk out of the back country,

I agree. I've set fleet high fuel mileage records using it. Since the company dictates what oils and lubes they use, all I could do was work with what they have. I have my engine, tranny, pumpkins, and hubs all treated. My previous fleets' fuel mileage average was 5.7. Mine was 7.3.

At this outfit, my 2 year average is almost 7.5. Fleet, 6.5. We are graded by quarter, so the numbers are really a boost.

05-24-09 11:43 AM
    Should get some Euro tail lights, and underglows. Mag wheels, and subwoofers pounding away... Rice it all out like some other people....
    What I would prefer for my own ride would be to keep it clean and nice looking, not too many features to draw attention to it. Then do all the work to the engine and transmission. You know, make a sleeper - able to smoke cars in it's class, but not let on it can.

05-24-09 11:57 AM
    Those are impressive numbers BK. I'm not sure what our trucks are getting - I can look it up this week and see. We probably do a little more city driving than you would, but it'll be interesting to see.

05-24-09 12:00 PM
    What I would prefer for my own ride would be to keep it clean and nice looking, not too many features to draw attention to it. Then do all the work to the engine and transmission. You know, make a sleeper - able to smoke cars in it's class, but not let on it can.

If you want to keep the mods to a minimum, and the mileage up, may I suggest nitros. Not a lot to hooking it up. Plenty of power when you want. No change to emissions.

05-24-09 12:03 PM
    If you want to keep the mods to a minimum, and the mileage up, may I suggest nitros. Not a lot to hooking it up. Plenty of power when you want. No change to emissions.

NO2 is very expensive though. And if you don't install it yourself properly is dangerous aswell... Why not get a turbo? Lol, turbo's are basically made for Honda's
    05-24-09 12:09 PM
    A proper turbo system will cost you atleast as much as nitros, and has much more likelhood of failure. Add to that the fact it is always on, will not be stealth, and will complicate emissions testing. I like turbos, don't get me wrong. I'm trying to give Mike the best advice for his interests.

05-24-09 12:14 PM
    A proper turbo system will cost you atleast as much as nitros, and has much more likelhood of failure. Add to that the fact it is always on, will not be stealth, and will complicate emissions testing. I like turbos, don't get me wrong. I'm trying to give Mike the best advice for his interests.

Fair enough... But the best advice would not to be driving your kids around in a little car with two tanks of nitrous oxide in the trunk

Yeah, a turbo is loud. Anyone can tell you've got it on your car. But as long as they're properly maintained, they last a long time. It is cheaper than hooking nitrous up though(Unless you do it yourself)

Or you could just stick with the 200 horses and not race anyone Probably wouldn't be too happy watching the police department crush your car.
    05-24-09 12:20 PM
    Could you provide me with any documentation proving the dangers of a nitros system. And the turbo package that's cheaper than nitros. Furthermore, turbos themselves will quiet an engine, it's the wastegate and wide open exhaust that make it louder. Don't argue with me fat-a$$, I know what I'm talking about.

05-24-09 12:28 PM
    I gotta get going to work. I'll catch you losers later
    05-24-09 12:28 PM
    Thanks guys, all things to explore. I'll probably wait until I get it paid off, lol. I always send an extra check in for principal and should get it paid in 2 years. I had the focus for a year and a half and actually had equity in it. The dealer couldn't believe the payoff when they called it in. It doesn't take all that much extra - like a turning a 30 year mortgage into a 20 year mortgage be sending a little extra in on principle each month - just have to remember to keep the funds separate and labeled.

Building Japanese cars is very different than what we did to our Muscle cars when I was young. The RSX Type S already has a bigger cam and higher air intake than the stock V-Tec. So No ot turbo would be the things to explore. I'm a careful guy. - will research it pretty thoroughly before I do anything.

05-24-09 12:33 PM
    *delayed* They deleted my snarky comment to the "isn't anyone gonna help me?" post.

05-24-09 12:34 PM
    N02 is flammable... Why not throw a few propane tanks in the trunk while we're at it If you get in a car accident, a hose could get ruptured leaking the flammable gas all over the car. The car could catch fire with two loaded tanks in the back.

Rersearch how much it costs to refill nitrous tanks Not to mention most states and provinces will write pretty big tickets if you have you NO2 hooked up on the street. (You can carry the tanks, but they can't be hooked up unless you're on a track) Again though, some States might be different. I dunno.

You're right that Nitrous is better, and cheaper - if not used often. No argument there.
    05-24-09 12:35 PM
    *delayed* They deleted my snarky comment to the "isn't anyone gonna help me?" post.

They deleted all my comments in the 100 post

Later guys work time
    05-24-09 12:35 PM
    Or you could just stick with the 200 horses and not race anyone Probably wouldn't be too happy watching the police department crush your car.
    Lol, you're right, haha. I'm not going to race people around the neighborhood. But police don't crush cars here BS, they let the market take care of it. Too many tickets, insurance is too expensive and you can't afford to drive your car. And they yank your license and you risk jail to drive.

05-24-09 12:39 PM
    05-24-09 12:44 PM
    Apparently anything other than a glowingly positive comment, is now considered web pollution and cleaned by a moderator.
    05-24-09 12:46 PM
    Probably gonna have a Honda Civic soon myself Then all I need is a storage place, and an M1 license and I could go get my bike
    Back-space, I definitely recommend the civic. My hatchback has given me 10 trouble free years, no major repairs. Now its getting sick, and time to say goodbye.

Happy Sunday all! Now its time to get back to breaking up up hard compacted dirt with a shovel. Yay gardening!

05-24-09 01:01 PM
    Welcome back LSG, I would agree on the Civic. Had an '84 S and put 185,000 trouble free miles on, driving like I stole it, before selling it.
    05-24-09 01:08 PM
86,775 ... 484485486487488 ...