Hey kids! Just stoppin in to say hey--so-- "hey!" LOL so what's everyone up to--ive been running like a chicken w/o a head!

Wolf sorry to hear about heavens tears by you again--il send you some sunshine and lollipops too from jersey

I'm so happy-i just went to bestbuy to pik up a 16gig green nano for my sons confirmation gift and found on cd-lita ford-lita! Ohhh I haven't heard this in a looooooong time cuz my other one got lost! but I hve it again! Yay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 02:03 PM
    Thanks Pink! And Lita Ford, sweet!

05-19-09 02:08 PM
    Can I change the color of mine I have a 8330(curve) for Sprint
    You've found your way to an off topic thread where most of us didn't expect a question about customizing a berry. But to answer your question, there are several companies that will customize your device. One of the better ones is ColorWare - and they guarantee a 2 day turn around. Here is a link to their website. Good Luck Jersey.

ColorWare

Last edited by exelant; 05-19-09 at 02:38 PM.
    05-19-09 02:19 PM
    Management is many of the reasons gov gets a bad rap. Leadership goes by the wayside. And everyone pays the price.

I had the good fortune to be trained by one h*ll of a leader after being run down by "managers". He taught me to take care of my people, teach and inspire them to be better. It worked.

My guys were great. They would accept any challenge thrown at them. I was really pleased to see them grow beyond what others said they could do. I worked 'em hard, and let 'em play when the job was done.

I got gigged for it, though. Ran afoul of a lemon faced junior officer. He shipped me to his buddy's command to try and break this "cult of personality". I wasn't doing it wrong, just not to his way of management. To him, I was supposed to just stand away and dog them. Uh-unh. I won't treat them that way.

So when he couldn't make me his way, he figured his buddy, a full Navy Captain, would adjust my attitude.

I ended up, after a week of being dogged, telling his buddy to "Find a large pile a sand and a hammer, then find out how much you can pound up your a$$, sir."

I took my punishment, my Honorable discharge, and walked away from my brothers. Not the military, but some of the people, again.

My antagonist was placed in the brig a few months later and, lost his commission after being discovered with a trunkload of contraband.

There IS justice in this world, too.

05-19-09 02:22 PM
    Lol! The military is a whole different world. I grew up as a dependent and was in the Air Force for 3 years - took an early out offer in '74 during the post Viet Nam reductions, and I couldn't wait to get out, haha. My Step Dad couldn't understand it, he was a 30 year Senior Master Sgt. My Dad was a 20 year boiler room chief on a destroyer.

05-19-09 02:29 PM
    Mike, you're such a sucker for a southern girl. I imagine she looked back a couple posts after hers, and thought WTF!

05-19-09 02:32 PM
    Pink, you could've told ne you were looking for her stuff. I have some great places to look for the old stuff that aren't online.

05-19-09 02:35 PM
    Mike, you're such a sucker for a southern girl. I imagine she looked back a couple posts after hers, and thought WTF!

Hahaha, you're right! I can't help myself

05-19-09 02:39 PM
    Yeah, I was multi generation military, myself. Dad was a Titan II MCCC. He was RIFd in '75. His dad was army due out in Jan of '42, ended up in Alaska, and arrived the night before Midway started. Woke up to find bombs falling the next morning. Didn't see an officer the next 2 weeks. Was on the team that recovered a Japanese Zero intact, which gave us the F6F fighter.

My other grandfather was a turret gunner in torpedo bombers. He lost a finger to flak sinking the Yamato.

Google Robert Lee Wilson to meet my wife's great uncle. His story is self-explanatory.

A lot of men have set the example I try to live up to.

05-19-09 02:53 PM
    Pink, you could've told ne you were looking for her stuff. I have some great places to look for the old stuff that aren't online.

Funny, I've got a great place online to get rare oldies. I'll have to remember to post it when I get home.

05-19-09 02:55 PM

alright! great--thanks BK!! the other cd im looking for is the one with the song "aces and eights" on it....cant rem the cd name.

i just googled it-- "stiletto" is the cd
    05-19-09 03:12 PM
    Funny, I've got a great place online to get rare oldies. I'll have to remember to post it when I get home.

thanks wolf-i will check it out also!!
    05-19-09 03:14 PM
    Ok, I can take a look toorrow and see if one of the stores has it. I'll let you know.

05-19-09 03:21 PM
    We have that in common BK, at least one member of my family has served in every generation since 1812. A ggggg GF, Thomas, got a land grant after the revolution, but he could have done anything from fight to provide comfort - food/lodging. My GG GF George fought on the wrong side in the Civil War. He was in the 22nd Tenn. Cavalry under General Nathan Forrest. He was captured 12 days after he enlisted and spent the rest of the war as a POW in Ohio. My Grandfathers were both in their fourties during WWII. The ship one GF served on, the Kenesaw, was sunk at Guadalcanal, lol.

05-19-09 03:29 PM
    Ya know-now that I think of it--i wonder if fye.com has it! Gotta check that too! Its the s&h I hate paying!

05-19-09 03:39 PM
    R Wilson was at Guadalcanal. So was Dad's uncle. Lost another of my g uncles in the Slot. I think it was on the Canberra. Small world.

05-19-09 04:10 PM
    Less than an hour to go before I leave the office, I will stop on by this evening to chat for a bit, see you all then...

P.S. Shelli!!! hahaha.
    05-19-09 04:14 PM
    T-15 minutes......

05-19-09 04:17 PM
    As for your dad being a Destroyerman, my first ship was a destroyer, the USS Merrill, named after another destroyer skipper. They used her for a target off Hawaii. She was in the movie Pearl Harbor, though.

05-19-09 04:18 PM
    Howdy, jef and SD! Just hanging out for the fun of it. See ya!

05-19-09 04:20 PM
    T-15 minutes......

T+3 Minutes, did we launch something?
    05-19-09 04:33 PM
    Yes. Let's see if I can do this.

Last edited by JustPlainJef; 05-19-09 at 04:47 PM.
    05-19-09 04:45 PM
    That's better, but I had to edit it...

Almost my first strictly-mobile photo post...
    05-19-09 04:48 PM
    Ya know I was wondering---does anyone know how CyndaSue is doing? She hasn't been on in a while.......

Sorry I know that was random-but I know some of you still speak to her!

05-19-09 04:49 PM
    Jef---how in the world did you post that from wap????

05-19-09 04:50 PM
86,775 ... 423424425426427 ...