its your turn chad
    05-11-09 09:25 PM
    sweet, ill get everyone a round of beer and a shot
    05-11-09 09:29 PM
    lock doors and peal ya azz out of there ....
    just make it home safe
    Pheww I gunned it and runned it, back to my store now, then I finally get to go home. I think I set a new record for back and forth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 09:32 PM
    I'll take whatever topshelf you have
    05-11-09 09:32 PM
    yukon jack!
    05-11-09 09:35 PM
    I've retrieved my liquid gold and am now sitting at scary part of town at a stop light that is 5 minutes long.

I used to have to drive one of my workers home at 1am literally in the ghetto. She even told me " as soon as I get out, lock your doors!" I don't know how many times I had guys come to my window at stop lights and try to sell me drugs.
    05-11-09 09:43 PM
    I used to have to drive one of my workers home at 1am literally in the ghetto. She even told me " as soon as I get out, lock your doors!" I don't know how many times I had guys come to my window at stop lights and try to sell me drugs.
    thats crazy!
    05-11-09 09:44 PM
    thats crazy!
    Yeah it was. But, I needed her there at night, and if I didn't drive her, she'd have to leave at 9:30. So I did it!
    05-11-09 09:47 PM
    idk jay
    when you find out let me know
    Lol. Just busting ol' Coruptyed's chops a little.

Hi everyone! Interesting night. Took the dogs for a walk through the neighborhood. On a bridal path behind a pasture near home, #1 dog, Ruby, plopped herself into a pile of fresh, wet cowpoop and rolled. Ish!! It was like slow motion, haha, we saw it happening and we both yelled NO. Ahhh, too late. Of course she started a wrestling match with #2 dog, Digger. Walked them home and straight to the tub!

I need a shot and a beer tonight, lol.
    Yeah, I would say you need a few shots and a six pack after that ordeal my friend. Dogs will be dogs.

I've retrieved my liquid gold and am now sitting at scary part of town at a stop light that is 5 minutes long.
    If any carjackers come your way, bash em' in the head with that bottle. Lol
    05-11-09 09:55 PM
    Where do you live Nort?

I live in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio.

I had to drive home a worker who I ended up firing...different story, after I worked a double from 530am to 10pm. He lived 30 minutes East of our store and live 10 minutes West of our store, so an hour back and forth of complete fog, and he didn't put on his seat belt and my car rang the entire trip, I was too tired to even ask him put it on, all I know is that I was going about 30 over the entire time, passed a Toledo police car (they didn't care) and I gunned it home. I left my house at 515 AM for work and made it home at 1130 PM I did get a lot of overtime that week though...

Long story long.
    05-11-09 09:55 PM
    im heading to bed, talk to everyone tomarow
    05-11-09 10:01 PM
    I live in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio.

I had to drive home a worker who I ended up firing...different story, after I worked a double from 530am to 10pm. He lived 30 minutes East of our store and live 10 minutes West of our store, so an hour back and forth of complete fog, and he didn't put on his seat belt and my car rang the entire trip, I was too tired to even ask him put it on, all I know is that I was going about 30 over the entire time, passed a Toledo police car (they didn't care) and I gunned it home. I left my house at 515 AM for work and made it home at 1130 PM I did get a lot of overtime that week though...

Long story long.
    Ohh and our store is in Sylvania Township and the Twp cops think it's hilarious to pull me over when I'm in the parking lot since my uncle used to be a Sylvania City cop and they have respect for him (he once lifted the back of his car, injured his knee and had to be at a desk for a few months.) *bows head.
    05-11-09 10:06 PM
    It got quiet in here pretty quickly! And the girl I drove home lived half hour northeast of our job, and I a half hour southwest. That sucked too.

05-11-09 10:20 PM
    I know! I think my stories have scared everyone away.
    05-11-09 10:21 PM
    Yeah, Nort, I'm in Toledo tonight, myself. I just hope the peddlers and sleeper-leapers leave me alone tonight. Up here off of Alexis Rd.

05-11-09 10:21 PM
    Yeah, nort. Way to go! Scaring everyone away like that!

05-11-09 10:23 PM
    Yeah, Nort, I'm in Toledo tonight, myself. I just hope the peddlers and sleeper-leapers leave me alone tonight. Up here off of Alexis Rd.

Really, are you past Secor Rd or before?

The other store I have work at every so often is on the West end of Alexis where it begins in Sylvania city.
    05-11-09 10:26 PM
    Yeah, nort. Way to go! Scaring everyone away like that!

Knowing is half the battle.
    05-11-09 10:28 PM
    No, those stories aren't all that bad. I lived it face-to-face for a lot of years. We lived a year in San Diego in between Meth parties on all sides. Cops wouldn't drive slower than 50 through the hood. I came back off WesPac in 89, saw how bad it had gotten, and called my friends from Coronado. After the smoke cleared, the drive-bys and drug dealers decided to go to safer grounds. They had to call in the fire department to cut down the 6 bangers hanging upside-down from the light poles, then send them to the hospital to have their pistols surgically removed from their "holsters".

05-11-09 10:30 PM
    Near junction of Alexis and 75.

05-11-09 10:31 PM
    Urgh I'm layin in bed and I can't fall asleep

05-11-09 10:34 PM
    Near junction of Alexis and 75.

Oh so you're out there, actually when I ran to our old store on Laskey Road I was pretty close to you! Crazy. Yeah it's not that bad here, like the other places you described.
    05-11-09 10:34 PM
    I grew up partly in South Oak Cliff, around Dallas, and in a project called Little Mexico Village. I learned how to take care of things effectively, and when you are a 'minority' in a bad area, and get respect, people gotta wonder how you got it. I got it because I treated everyone with dignity and deserved respect, until they were unworthy of such.

05-11-09 10:39 PM
    I grew up partly in South Oak Cliff, around Dallas, and in a project called Little Mexico Village. I learned how to take care of things effectively, and when you are a 'minority' in a bad area, and get respect, people gotta wonder how you got it. I got it because I treated everyone with dignity and deserved respect, until they were unworthy of such.

I award you the distinguished life lesson of the week certificate.
    05-11-09 10:43 PM
    Heck, I've been to more cities in more countries than many know exist. It has been a tremendous learning experience. I always paid respect to people of all the countries I've been in, and many times, had a lot more fun than my shipmates, many who spent their time imbibing large quantities of the local ethanol.

Part of why I do what I do is that I live in a much larger world than many do. I work in an office with a window on the world, seeing the beauty of shifting seasons and changing scenery of a country too few appreciate. I meet people from all walks of life, from the intensity of a New York Citian to the laid back "Wow, dude" of a California Beachcomber. It is a palette that few ever really see.

When that bright orb rises into a blue-gray morning, I may be loading a trailer full of supplies in the salt air of a small coastal town in Florida, the next morning, deliver in the sultry heat of New Orleans, and later that night, lay my head down somewhere amid the wheat fields of Kansas.

I see the developing changes of the wind farms, where the whooshing blades sing their whistling song. I've heard the scream of gulls at the Great Salt Lake, the Majesty of huge mountains, and felt the icy winds coming off of the lake in Buffalo.

I've driven in rain, snow, hurricanes, run from tornadoes, and held on for dear life as winds tried to flip my truck over. I rode a truck with bad brakes over and upside-down into a cow pasture, and I've pulled people from the twisted wreckage of their automobiles.

I survived Cancer.

And now, today, I consider it a good fortune that I get to share time with a great bunch of folks here at the CB, I am blessed.

05-11-09 11:16 PM
86,775 ... 311312313314315 ...