WHAAAAAASSSUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 08:21 AM
    Morning SG, wazup wid you?
    05-02-09 08:22 AM
    whats up bbw,exe,sg,weez
    05-02-09 08:24 AM
    Nothing, getting ready to go eat and go run some new electrical in someones house.

05-02-09 08:25 AM
    so your an electrician ?
    05-02-09 08:27 AM
    Yup, Union certified!!

05-02-09 08:28 AM
    sweet
    so about how many times have you got shocked ?
    I love working on old homes.... you don't know what the last person did
    05-02-09 08:29 AM
    Never, not once! *knocks on wood* I always make sure to wear gloves when I deal with electricity.

05-02-09 08:32 AM
    Yeah, tell me about it! My parents bought a house that needed a lot of work, and the whole wiring was jacked up! I was surprised the house hadn't burned down.

05-02-09 08:34 AM
    im sorry you never experianced that ..lollol
    man i have turned off the breaker to a certian area and then i noticed that they branched off another curcuit and pow bright light and burnt taste
    05-02-09 08:36 AM
    Yeah, tell me about it! My parents bought a house that needed a lot of work, and the whole wiring was jacked up! I was surprised the house hadn't burned down.

I really dont know how these houses can still sell on the market
    so are so under code and need so much revamping on all the electrical
    05-02-09 08:37 AM
    im sorry you never experianced that ..lollol
    man i have turned off the breaker to a certian area and then i noticed that they branched off another curcuit and pow bright light and burnt taste
    I think I'll leave you to experience that and let me know how it is!

05-02-09 08:42 AM
    How long to get to A, and what kind of salary could I expect then?
    You can sit for the A when you have 4 years on the job experience. You can substitute up to half the experience requirement with education - work related like water, wastewater, engineering or math and science. The B exam is 3 years and the C is two. Can substitute college for half of each. The D exam has no experience requirement, but they won't release the certificate until one has 30 days on the job or 30 days in an approved course. The community college courses aren't that hard for the most part - the math courses are a bear, but nothing in life is guaranteed,
    I don't think Florida has the 30 day requirement. If your considering it, let me know and I can steer you in the right direction. I have an old coworker who is a supervisor at a florida plant, I'd have look ol Fred up, haha. Watch the adds for wastewater plant operatore Wolf, you'll see them all the time, but the best jobs are word of mouth and are posted at the schools.

05-02-09 08:43 AM
    I really dont know how these houses can still sell on the market
    so are so under code and need so much revamping on all the electrical
    Yeah, no kidding! Thankfully this house I'm going to today is a newer home so I shouldn't run into any problems. *crosses fingers*

05-02-09 08:44 AM
    Oh, my A operators are called lead operators and some plants call them chief operators and they get 60K at my plant.

05-02-09 08:44 AM
    well its a fun job espeacially when your in a new home and have to run all that cable(wire)
    05-02-09 08:45 AM
    Oh, my A operators are called lead operators and some plants call them chief operators and they get 60K at my plant.

if thats to start i'll take it
    05-02-09 08:46 AM
    That's not bad Mike, but I know what the c.o.l. is out there. I'll have to check into what the pay is around here. Looking to do something else, but making more is part of the plan.
    05-02-09 08:49 AM
    why you looking for another job bbw ?
    05-02-09 08:51 AM
    well its a fun job espeacially when your in a new home and have to run all that cable(wire)
    Yeah, it's a very rewarding job. Just until a few weeks ago, we had been working on my alma mater Notre Dame's stadium putting in new lighting. That was a pretty neat experience!

05-02-09 08:52 AM
    Hey BX, lol, no it isn't to start, lol. Those people all have years of experience and education, been through an apprenticeship - top operators. Most journey level operators are in the 50's in Colorado - it varies. Probably higher in Florida, California, and NY, etc.

05-02-09 08:54 AM
    Yeah, it's a very rewarding job. Just until a few weeks ago, we had been working on my alma mater Notre Dame's stadium putting in new lighting. That was a pretty neat experience!

wow man that is sweet

it does have its benifits
    05-02-09 08:55 AM
    Hey BX, lol, no it isn't to start, lol. Those people all have years of experience and education, been through an apprenticeship - top operators. Most journey level operators are in the 50's in Colorado - it varies. Probably higher in Florida, California, and NY, etc.

oh ....
    I was like if its to start then im in lollolol
    05-02-09 08:56 AM
    Never going to make the money I should where I am now, and the larger office coffee services are a bunch of goons. So it's time to start reevaluating what I'm going to do. I'd really like to get an engineering degree, but I can't do that with the hours I work right now.
    05-02-09 08:56 AM

We just had a plant expansion and had a 30 man Electrician crew working 3 years straight doing the electrical side. All high voltage and control power. Very interesting work for you guys. We put in a new substation and went from one feed into the plant to two.

05-02-09 08:57 AM
86,775 ... 214215216217218 ...