So... how many of my fellow Crackhead Torontonians were without power the last 24-36 hours? Spent the night at the in-laws and came home this morning to check on my house and was met with the wonderful site of my Christmas lights being on!

I'm happy but cautiously optimistic as there are still a lot of frozen trees with heavy branches just hovering over power lines waiting to snap!

The one silver lining I do take from all of this is that my kids are getting a better appreciation for the simple things in life... good lesson with Christmas only being two days away!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 08:49 AM
    We are pretty lucky in Philly, we are almost NEVER without power, or at least never for very long. There are so many backups in the grid around here, when something goes out its back up in like 20 minutes.

EDIT: Oh wait, I see you are a football fan, there WAS a power outage yesterday at Lincoln Financial Field. The Bears were totally without power!!!!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-23-13 09:12 AM
    Our power was out for about 7 hrs but a bunch of my coworkers are still without power and are unsure of when it would return. Glad you faired well, a lot of damage has been done over the last 48hrs.
    12-23-13 09:26 AM

EDIT: Oh wait, I see you are a football fan, there WAS a power outage yesterday at Lincoln Financial Field. The Bears were totally without power!!!!
    Lol! I actually managed to watch that game on my PlayBook hot spotted to my z30! BlackBerry saves the day!

LeSean went crazy and the Bears looked pathetic! Tressman should have put McCown in after half time and not with 5 minutes left in the 4th. Big game for your Eagles next week against the Cowboys with the NFC East title on the line! Dallas is faltering down the stretch so I fully expect to see another Romo collapse inside the 2-minute warning!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:55 AM
    So... how many of my fellow Crackhead Torontonians were without power the last 24-36 hours? Spent the night at the in-laws and came home this morning to check on my house and was met with the wonderful site of my Christmas lights being on!

I'm happy but cautiously optimistic as there are still a lot of frozen trees with heavy branches just hovering over power lines waiting to snap!

The one silver lining I do take from all of this is that my kids are getting a better appreciation for the simple things in life... good lesson with Christmas only being two days away!

Posted via CB10
    I'm fortunate in that my condo is right next to the subway terminal and a major power station so they had it on within hours the first night. Some pics from this morning:

Attachment 232876

Attachment 232877

Attachment 232878

These pics were taken near Fairview Mall. Only the mall had power. The apartments you see in the shots had had no power for a day. People were using the mall to eat and charge up their phones/tablets/laptops and just get warm. I hope they get power up soon. That's a lot of cold people.
    12-23-13 11:28 PM
    We are pretty lucky in Philly, we are almost NEVER without power, or at least never for very long. There are so many backups in the grid around here, when something goes out its back up in like 20 minutes.

As a Bears fan, I must agree with you. It still hurts!!

As for all the Torontonians still without power, I hope the situation is rectified soon.
    12-24-13 11:07 AM