On your local news tonight they may show a tornado SE of Denver. I am watching it right now from my porch. We just spent the last twenty minutes getting our horses and two cows into the underground section of our barn. My wife is at our horse trainer's ranch in Kiowa Colorado. She just called and said there is a funnel on the ground there. Sh*t, sh*t. Pretty damn scary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 06:58 PM
    Sorry to hear that....but yet and still...here you are on CB. I think I'd be running for cover if I were you. Stay safe and hunker down.
    08-24-08 07:03 PM
    exelant, stay safe my friend. Keep us posted.
    08-24-08 07:21 PM
    Haha, you're right! We're OK, they are moving out and dying down. Posting kind of calmed me. We have a safe place to go - and it's always better if you can see what you're running from - and we were ready to run! Our barn and tornado cellar are a hundred years old - the barn is one of those great big red, six sided roof jobs with the lower level built into a hill. Life is such an adventure!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks AG! We usually don't get those huge high category twisters they get in Oklahoma or the midwest. Still, anything big enough to rip down a house will get your attention. The sky is still pretty black. I have the kids posted around our house keeping an eye out, but I think we're OK.

Last edited by exelant; 08-24-08 at 09:28 PM.
    08-24-08 07:30 PM
    It looks farther away in the picture. It could have taken our truck and trailer both, as long as we were safe it didn't matter.
    08-24-08 09:38 PM
    Last post on the subject . The Today Show news is showing video of the tornado near my place. It was scary at the time, but everything was OK. We actually have a plan that I talk with my kids about all the time - they used to roll their eyes and say "aw Daaaad" -- I think not anymore. Everything went right by the plan - except cows are hard to herd into a barn -- Ruby, our cattle dog did her job! We almost had to leave them out, though . I also need to add some creature comforts to the tornado cellar -- dirt floor, spiders (ugh - I hate black widows), and cinder blocks to sit on. At least we had batteries in the lantern and radio -- and I had my trusty Curve. Web access in an emergency -- priceless!

08-25-08 08:52 AM
    I was in a couple of similar situations about a month ago and a few weeks back. The first one involved me standing on the front porch of my mother's house taking pics with my curve (see attached pics). I was very close to grabbing the dogs and heading downstairs. No tornado in the pics, but about 5 minutes after it passed over, tornado warning starting popping up (this was in SE Indiana/Cincinnati area btw). If you look closely, you can see what may be the beginnings of a wall cloud.

The second one was at my abode in sweet home Chicago. Tornado warnings all over the are so I head to the basement, curve in hand. Although the power went out I still had my curve to check for updates.
    08-25-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD