Not tryin to start a political debate or anything but a few of these made me chuckle a bit so I thought I'd pass 'em along.

Source

1. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

2. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

3. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

4. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."—Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

5. "Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."—declining to answer reporters' questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

6. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''—Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

7. "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."—Washington, D.C., April 18, 2006

8. "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over
    and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

9. "I've heard he's been called Bush's poodle. He's bigger than that."—discussing former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, as quoted by the Sun newspaper, June 27, 2007

10. "And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq."—meeting with Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

11. "We ought to make the pie higher."—South Carolina Republican debate, Feb. 15, 2000

12. "There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

13. "And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it."—speaking on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

14. "We'll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called America will be the pacemakers."—Houston, Sept. 6, 2000

15. "It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet."—Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000

16. "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."—U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 3, 2000

17. "People say, 'How can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil?' You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

18. "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."—CNN online chat, Aug. 30, 2000

19. "I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend."—on the prospect of visiting Denmark, Washington, D.C., June 29, 2005

20. "I think it's really important for this great state of baseball to reach out to people of all walks of life to make sure that the sport is inclusive. The best way to do it is to convince little kids how to—the beauty of playing baseball."—Washington, D.C., Feb. 13, 2006

21. "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."—LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

22. "You know, when I campaigned here in 2000, I said, I want to be a war
    president. No president wants to be a war president, but I am one."—Des Moines, Iowa, Oct. 26, 2006

23. "There's a huge trust. I see it all the time when people come up to me
    and say, 'I don't want you to let me down again.' "—Boston, Oct. 3, 2000

24. "They misunderestimated me."—Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

25. "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."—Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
    03-21-09 08:41 PM
    uh...cool. where did you find that?
    03-21-09 08:49 PM
    uh...cool. where did you find that?
    Look at the beginning of the post... I posted the link to the source.
    03-21-09 08:59 PM
    Wow, I miss having a president who talked insane and acted the opposite instead of the reverse....

Bush has some great lines... I still think John Kerry has the all time best political line ever with, "I voted for the war before I voted against it." Kinda sums up politics in a single sentence.
    03-21-09 10:09 PM
    From the smartest woman in the world, Hillary Clinton:
    "It is hard enough with two parties to come to any resolution, and I say this very respectfully, because I feel the same way about our own democracy, which has been around a lot longer than European democracy."

And some great pre-President Obama gaffs:
    "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."
    "Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states? I think one left to go."
    "Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions."
    "Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's."
    "If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome."
    03-22-09 02:48 AM
    Waa waa! The Republicans lost, Doc, and they can't even give the guy a hundred days to dig us out of this huge hole left by Bush. Well too bad, too sad! You have no choice but to give the president time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 03-22-09 at 03:04 AM.
    03-22-09 03:00 AM
    "If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome."
    Ha Ha Ha LMAO
    03-22-09 03:16 AM
    Funny Stuff Wolf! lol.

BUT... lol. Lets see if I can paint a bigger picture by quoting some other folks..

Barney Frank:
    "Concerns about the banking industry are overblown." (Maybe he said "overblown" because he was lovers with Fannie Mae exec Herb Moses during the scandal where his live-in lover took obscene profits from the company? lolz)

"I do not think we are facing any kind of crisis." He says this as the collapse begins, and later says that the crisis is the Republican's fault when he blocked EVERY attempt to fix it.. mostly because his lover was still raking in huge profits!

"[Yes I admit to] hiring Steve Gobie for sex [but that doesn't mean that's why I tried to get him out of those parking tickets]" lolz

Obama

"I bowled a 129. I guess it was like the [******* in the] Special Olympics or something."

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes and ... I see many of them in the audience here today."

"The economy is fundamentally sound." (He called McCain naive for saying the same thing!)

"Bush increased the debt too much... [so my solution is to triple what Bush spent in my first 3 weeks in office.]"

"Kansas tornadoes killed 10,000 people..." oops... The actual death toll: 12. (New math?)

Obama claimed that his parents got together as a result of the Selma Alabama march... except that he was born 4 years before it happened.

He claimed his uncle helped liberate Auschwitz. Didn't happen.

He claimed to have been racially awakened at age 9 and "profoundly and explicitly remembers" photographs and an article in Life Magazine... that don't exist.

He said: "Iran is a tiny country... that can't threaten us... [although] Ive said for years that the threat from Iran is grave."

Michelle Obama

"For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am actually proud of my country." ... how selfish can you be if you only see GOOD when YOU are personally experiencing success?

"We've got real experience of a difference that those types of experience can make." ... lol. It's just funny to read it.

"It’s easier to hold on to your own stereotypes and misconceptions. It makes you feel justified in your own ignorance… That’s America."

Funny Stuff... oh wait.. they weren't making grammar errors.. they actually believe that stuff they said?.... sad.
    03-22-09 01:57 PM
    The only thing about our mercifully ex pres.
    03-22-09 03:05 PM
    The only thing about our mercifully ex pres.
    Is that he talked like he was insane but acted the opposite? ... yea. I agree.
    03-22-09 03:44 PM
    My favorite moment of the new administration.
    Hillary Clinton goes to Russia, meets with the foreign minister, and hands him a "reset" button. Only the word they use in Russian actually means "overloaded" or "overcharged". I can only hope our spies translate better. Besides, I thought we were trying to get their finger off the red button?
    03-22-09 05:27 PM
    My favorite Bushim was "I'd like to stay but I gotta, I gotta go to Vegas."
    03-22-09 07:26 PM
    Is that he talked like he was insane but acted the opposite? ... yea. I agree.
    His actions were more garbled than his speaking.
    03-23-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD