Bees, wasps, hornets...any yellow & black, flying, buzzing insects. Within viewing distance, they make my skin crawl and my heart race. Too close, I panic, sometimes scream/screech before I knew I did it. On me, I'll cry. I'm 24 and wish I could conquer this phobia.

On my 7th birthday, my brother and I and a friend went to go catch frogs. We had to walk through a wooded area. (This was New Hampshire.) My brother brought a long-poled fishing net, carried over his shoulder. We hadn't gotten far when his net accidentally hit a Yellow Jacket's nest. My memory blanks out here, but the next thing I remember, I was halfway down the road, screaming for my father. I know I saw him getting attacked, but I can't remember seeing it.
    I never liked bee-things, but this sealed the deal for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 03:14 PM
    Oh yeah. And natural disasters. I was a spaztastically paranoid young teen. When we'd have thunderstorms, I'd wake up and stand there shaking uncontrollably, watching the weather channel and news until it passed.
    If I saw a tornado, I'd probably die of a heart attack.
    It doesn't help that I moved 2 years ago to the Seattle area and we're about overdue for an earthquake.

02-20-09 03:18 PM
    Jeez Louiseee that pic of that giant spider damn near gave me a panic attack! HATE creepy crawlers. I can't deal with bugs or kill them, I usually get someone else to do it lol.
    02-20-09 05:33 PM
    I stock soda machines and I hate leaving cases half empty or mixed with different kinds of sodas in one case.

02-20-09 06:25 PM
    Here's a guy I chased out on my bathroom last fall, , that's a 1x6 he's sitting on - that makes him about 5 inches long front leg to rear leg!

After having worked for a lumber company, I know how big that spider is...
    02-20-09 09:18 PM
    Bugs are my downfall — centipedes, especially, send me into a complete frenzy. If a centipede is nearby, I will not sleep, until it's dead...but I'm scared to kill it. I'll drop a heavy book on it, run out of the room to pull myself together, and then creep back in. The book will remain, till the bug dries up and turns into dust, underneath the book.
    02-20-09 09:43 PM
    I HAVE TO put all my clothing on my left side first. Left arm in the shirt first, left pant leg and underwear first, left sock and shoe on first. And I am right handed!
    Roaches! If I ever see one in my house I will sell it! Any other bug, no problem, but a roach I will put up the for sale sign and never look back! And I know that you can be the cleanest person in the world and stii get them and that scares me the most!!!!!!

Last edited by smokeyjoe; 02-21-09 at 06:20 PM.
    02-21-09 06:15 PM
    Bugs are my downfall � centipedes, especially, send me into a complete frenzy. If a centipede is nearby, I will not sleep, until it's dead...but I'm scared to kill it. I'll drop a heavy book on it, run out of the room to pull myself together, and then creep back in. The book will remain, till the bug dries up and turns into dust, underneath the book.
    Dude they are the effing WORST. Especially the big black ones ugh! I shudder just thinking about it.
    Another fear of mine is getting a spinal tap, I just don't want any big pointy gigantic needles anywhere NEAR it!
    02-22-09 12:01 AM
    I have a horrible fear of amputees. I have like a panic attack if I'm around someone with a missing limb. It is absolutely terrible I know, but I had a traumitizing chilldhood experience and I think that's where my fear comes from.
    I am even more terrified of losing a limb myself, I wonder how I would react to that

02-22-09 11:26 AM
    My phobia is my EX!
    Lol

04-03-09 08:15 PM
    bugs! any type of bugs/insects: flies, bees, worms, lady bugs, water bugs, spiders, cockroaches, ants, butterflies, moths...anything that's smaller then me and can die with one stomp lol

the thing is, my side of the apartment is near the back..and there's a mini jungle out there....so all sorts of bugs end up inside of the apartment...
    when i was younger, my father would kill them and chase me around the house with the dead bug!
    so that pretty much traumatized me for life
    i blame daddy! lol
    04-03-09 08:26 PM
    I get sick seeing wet paper or wet trash on the ground. I can't stand it!!! Or bugs or spiders or hair on the bathroom floor ( my hair sheds a lot)

04-03-09 08:47 PM
    I have a fear of papercuts and splinters.

04-04-09 01:58 AM
    Honestly, if I ever start to suffer from #1 someone do me and my
    wife a favor and just shoot me

My biggest phobias are lightning (I remember not getting out
    of my car for 2 hours) and electricity (I once shut off the main circuit
    breaker to change a single light fixture)
    no way ......
    just don't touch the metal
    04-04-09 02:35 AM

can't be scared of this lil clown
    04-04-09 02:45 AM
    i now have a phobia of clowns.. lol thanks..
    04-04-09 02:47 AM
    i now have a phobia of clowns.. lol thanks..
    sorry.....
    i just don't see the reason ..i love evil clowns
    04-04-09 02:52 AM
    hold on i got the perfect pic..
    04-04-09 02:53 AM
    this is what im scared of..
    04-04-09 02:56 AM
    this is what im scared of..
    what the frick is dat ?
    i don't know if I want to laugh or what
    04-04-09 02:59 AM
    i have no idea. i was using google image search to find some cool pics to make wallpapers, and i typed in "disturbing" and this was on the first results page. its pretty wretched whatever it is..
    04-04-09 03:00 AM
    its like a man-pig-dog thing..
    04-04-09 03:01 AM
    its like a man-pig-dog thing..
    I want to say human/cow/dog
    and kinda looks like the animal from the movie the never ending story
    04-04-09 03:03 AM
    balfor!!! or something like that.. yeah i can see that
    04-04-09 03:06 AM
    balfor!!! or something like that.. yeah i can see that
    04-04-09 03:08 AM
134 ... 3456