Unusual Phobias this site is pretty entertaining.

AND they have drain phobias...woohoo I'm not alone

here's more from a random site Uncommon phobias - TheSite.org
    Last edited by ninja please; 02-14-09 at 04:51 AM.
    02-14-09 04:48 AM
    Spiders and all other little bugs, semi trucks (I require at least one lane of separation. More if possible), the deep water since I can't swim (and I HATE flying into San Francisco because it almost seems like we are going to land in the bay), port-a-potties and airplane bathrooms, I have a slight fear of electricity, needles are horrible, stepping on snails (kind of along the lines of the crunchy bugs someone else brought up), and a dead BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 04:57 AM
    I did some lookin around on google turns out a lot more people then I thought have a fear of or problem with wet cardboard. gag

I've always been that way, so I geuss I'm not that strange after all.
    02-14-09 07:11 AM
    I'm Kinda Scared of Drains, But not of the Drain itself, But of the Suction You Feel when you step on them-

Also- I HATE walking over those metal doors in the sidewalk that lead to Basements of buildings in the cities.

Even those Sewer Covers By The Sidewalk. (The Ones With the Spacing So Water Can Flow Through? I have no idea what the technical name is... LOL)

I'm terrified of it collapsing and me falling in.
    02-14-09 09:21 AM
    there you go whining again. not all "illegal aliens" are mexicans.
    You are right.. at least ONE is a very famous Kenyan! Obama's Aunt Zeituni!

I am only afraid of one thing in the world...

Babies that aren't breathing scare the bejeezus outta me.
    02-14-09 10:31 AM
    jdoc! You should know how to ger over this fear without a problem!

Grab that Baby by its feet, dangle it over the ground, and spank him ferociously!

When you hear crying, you know they're back to breathing, and when to stop the spanking.

02-14-09 10:40 AM
    jdoc! You should know how to ger over this fear without a problem!

Grab that Baby by its feet, dangle it over the ground, and spank him ferociously!

When you hear crying, you know they're back to breathing, and when to stop the spanking.

Prada I can't breathe!

02-14-09 11:55 AM
    Its hilarious to see someone else scared of electricity. I have never met anyone who shares this with me until now. All my friends think I am nuts, but to change a switch, new ceiling fan, fix the doorbell, whatever - the whole house goes down. Each and every breaker gets killed...... If I could kill the breaker to the block I would feel even better.... hehe.
    Great Tre, at least I know I'm not alone on the electricity thing. H3ll if I
    could get CL&P to shut down my whole grid I'd be just fine.

@skullgame, Yeah you think it's funny but my family was not at all happy about
    being plunged into darkness for a light that wasn't even in the house.
    02-14-09 04:06 PM
    You guys need to read one of if not the best short story ever called "Press Enter" By John Varley if you are afraid of electricity...

They are all out to get you, after all...
    02-14-09 04:53 PM
    Okay, I guess I have:
    Metrophobia (I'm not scared of poetry, I hate it so much, I can't even begin to describe)
    Phasmophobia
    Thermophobia
    Lilapsophobia
    Last edited by techluvr1234; 02-14-09 at 06:12 PM.
    02-14-09 05:56 PM
    Cannot stand flowing water on my face!!!
    02-14-09 05:57 PM
    You guys need to read one of if not the best short story ever called "Press Enter" By John Varley if you are afraid of electricity...

They are all out to get you, after all...
    Now I am going to have to go find this. You are an evil person
    02-14-09 06:54 PM
    Now I am going to have to go find this. You are an evil person
    When I was in undergrad.. I set out to read all of the Hugo and Nebula award winners and this was one of the best... and this is a Best of the Best kind of statement. Millennium Man by Asimov was among them too. The story was much better than the movie (yea we all say that). I fancy myself a SF buff.. but haven't read a novel in.. about 7 years!
    02-14-09 07:06 PM
    .: off topic:. Not a big sci-fi fan, but I love short stories as a genre.
    William Trevor, Michael Faber are my favorites. Those two can say
    more in 30 pages than most writers can say in 300. .:back on topic:.
    02-14-09 07:20 PM
    I'm Kinda Scared of Drains, But not of the Drain itself, But of the Suction You Feel when you step on them-

Also- I HATE walking over those metal doors in the sidewalk that lead to Basements of buildings in the cities.

Even those Sewer Covers By The Sidewalk. (The Ones With the Spacing So Water Can Flow Through? I have no idea what the technical name is... LOL)

I'm terrified of it collapsing and me falling in.
    I got an uneasy feeling when I pictured someone stepping on a drain... ack!

a few years ago I tried some aversion therapy by watching people fix drains... after about 30 seconds of watching the video, I thought that was more than enough aversion therapy for 30 years

also, I wouldn't really call it a real phobia, but I've often wondered/freaked myself out about what if gravity reversed itself, or earth's atmosphere simply ceased to exist... we'd all be pretty screwed, kinda creepy to think about. also something strange to think about is a rip in the time-space continuum...say you're walking down the street, and rrrrip goes the time-space continuum, and there you are, being hit by a car that happened to be in the exact same space you're standing when the rip occured. wee!

yeah, that's about all I can think of right now. I remember reading on a site where this guy has had an ongoing fear of being in a car accident and the radio is stuck on a country music station... I don't think he's alone in having that fear
    02-14-09 09:06 PM
    I have a fear of food servers messin' with my order. I'm always checking for spit and boogers.
    02-15-09 12:10 PM
    I have a fear of food servers messin' with my order. I'm always checking for spit and boogers.
    That's not a fear, they actually do that stuff when you can't see them.

02-15-09 01:13 PM
    That's not a fear, they actually do that stuff when you can't see them.

That's it! I'm going to start requesting to see my food being prepared with my own eyes. Lol
    02-15-09 01:28 PM
    Sharks(I can't look at them)
    Looking up at tall buildings
    Heights
    Creepy crawlers
    Tornadoes
    02-15-09 01:46 PM
    A lot of people mistakingly blur the line between what is legitimately a 'phobia' and what is a 'pet peeve'.

My contribution is purely a pet peeve; yet an annoying one. I can't stand my back touching a surface when my back is sweaty from say...working out for example. I hate it.

02-15-09 05:18 PM
    A lot of people mistakingly blur the line between what is legitimately a 'phobia' and what is a 'pet peeve'.
    I can't speak for anyone else in this thread but for me, lightning and
    electricity are NOT pet peeves. Both absolutely terrify me.
    02-15-09 06:19 PM
    I have a phobia of CB members who only have one post. Lol
    02-15-09 07:04 PM
    You ought to be ashamed yourself That is hella funny
    02-15-09 07:15 PM
    You ought to be ashamed yourself That is hella funny
    02-15-09 07:16 PM
    You are right.. at least ONE is a very famous Kenyan! Obama's Aunt Zeituni!

I am only afraid of one thing in the world...

From personal experience and loss I can agree 100 percent with you jdoc.

02-15-09 10:34 PM
134 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD