Okay I am going to break down and buy one of these two devices and get rid of VZNav. I was just looking for comments on what one is better, or why you like the one you have. Other than VZNav I am new to this GPS thing, so this is part of my product review I am doing.

If it makes any difference, I live in a major Metro area in Central Ohio.
    12-15-08 02:02 PM
    I'd be interested, also. I need to buy my wife a unit. She's just started as a home care nurse and wants one for her car instead of calling me for directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 03:45 PM
    Tomtom will be a good choice. I've owned both units and I was trying to like the garmin because of its nice looks but tomtom does a better job at being a GPS. Ive owned a Garmin c320, garmin nuvi 360, and now I own a tomtom go 920 (best tomtom so far). The Go 920 picks up satellites really fast, nice widescreen, music player, picture viewer, new mapshare technology, and more. Hope this gelped a little. Good luck

12-15-08 03:55 PM
    TomTom FTW!

Smaller, Has Traffic Updates, etc-

Used to be my GPS of choice up until my Car got a preinstalled GPS.
    12-15-08 04:35 PM
    Garmin is the better one. And I can name 10 people right now that have them and can vouch for them. They are very accurate and I have never gotten lost because of it. Nor has it ever taken me in the wrong direction. And they are cheaper than tomtom

12-16-08 04:28 AM
    Ya wont go far wrong with anything in the TomTom range, great devices!
    12-16-08 04:59 AM
    I've had a garmin nuvi for about 2 years now and have really liked it. I've not tried any other brand, no need to. It does suck if you put off the map updates for too long though. I've only had a problem getting sat reception once durring a real heavy storm. Never been lost with it. Its been great so far.

12-18-08 11:40 PM
    Well I have decided on the garmin. The deal breaker came the other day when my brother (garmin user) and a family friend (tomtom user) came for a visit. They both came from the same direction and the tomtom took the family friend a way that anyone with common map reading skills would not have went.

12-20-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD