My company got me an Asus Transformer Prime for evaluation. I thought my Playbook would be sitting lonely at home, neglected. Not even close.. My ATP has become a tool I use for work (laptop replacement for Citrix Xen Desktop) but as far as my own tablet usage for browsing, reading news and forums, watching movies, etc.. I keep coming back to my Playbook. The snappy OS, awesome browser and convenient form factor have me spending more time on my Playbook, in the end. I do like using the ATP to download cool apps from Google Play for conversion, signing and side-loading onto my Playbook..

Can't frigging wait for my BB10 phone!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    sk8er_tor and maddie1128 like this.
    06-20-12 10:55 AM
    I thought the walrus said coo coo cooch a coo? Or was that the ape man?
    06-20-12 10:56 AM
    I got my 9930 iGrip car mount! This things is awesome! Two adjustable pivots, holds it really steady, you can set the action when you put your Bold in the dock (like opening BlackBerry Traffic) and it looks great!

Yay! I love my BlackBerry! Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna! Man you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

No quotes from the poem though? Just the song?
    maddie1128 and DocDRM like this.
    06-20-12 11:00 AM
    i'M MAKING LOUD NOISES AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!?

OP, seriously, go back to to your toilet paper spool making job and don't worry about informing the world you're leaving Blackberry...just go away quietly.
    06-20-12 11:05 AM
    Am I the only one satisfied with my BlackBerry?
    Not even close. I'm quite passionate about my 9900 AND my Playbook!
    06-20-12 11:10 AM
    Android works.
    The PB does not. Maybe in the future. Maybe not. It gets tiresome continuously treading water and trying to stay afloat.
    06-20-12 12:24 PM
    Maybe someday we'll all learn to have fun on the same playground, and accept that some like the swings, and some like the merry-go-round.

Expert textpert choking smokers,
    Don't you think the joker laughs at you?
    06-20-12 12:30 PM
    I don't think this guy is a real person.

However I have now 'seen the light. Sleepless nights waiting for would be, could be, delayed upgrades from original to 2.01 and now to 2.1 and being sadly dismayed with the final result I have decided to leave RIM to play with their toys and join the real world once again.
    What delayed upgrades? They arrived on time. And 2.1 is still a beta with all the features like wifi bridge removed. If you expect a beta to be perfect, you don't understand the meaning of the word beta.

Having researched the net on several sites I find the main difference between a blackberry site and an android site is simple. The majority of users on android sites ask:

"Where can I find this app"
    "which is the best accessory site"
    Etc etc etc

On the blackberry site it is:
    "when will we get?"
    "why can't I?"
    Etc etc etc
    How many posts do you see about removing malware?

There's nothing holding RIM back aside from market manipulation from outside parties. Even the stock has been artificially deflated due to insider trader. They're developing a solid platform in half the time it took Apple to develop OSX. And Apple has another decade of development on top of that. And they're using outdated architecture.

The next was a Samsung SIII for my wife who struggles to understand the basic concepts of nuclear fusion but who can quite happily connect into our home wifi network and all of the array of computers, mobile phones and tablets located around the home, with however the exception of my PlayBook!
    Whats so hard about accessing the PB over wifi? It's not rocket science.

Therefore it is with great reluctance that I leave this forum, RIM and of course the sleepless nights waiting for 2.1 which if it is as bad as the Beta 2.1 that I downloaded and removed from my phone after two days, I won't miss much.
    Removed from your phone? I'll assume thats just a typo.

Aside from browser glitches, 2.1 seems pretty awesome to me. The android app support is vastly improved. I never bothered with any droid apps until 2.1. It's kickass.

My phone is due for an upgrade as is my youngest sons and both of us will part company with our blackberry phones for Android phones. I will also replace my toy PlayBook with a working tablet.
    *cough* shill *cough*

I'm a electronics contractor and between my phone, playbook and oem keyboard, thats my whole mobile office. I don't bother taking a laptop with me at all anymore. It's hardly a toy.

Maybe one day in the distant future RIM may make a recovery and return the the company ethos that made them what they were several years ago but in the meantime I have a company to run and a life to lead without having to spend years waiting for upgrades to my pb that would, could, should, or might make it finally do what it actually should have done from the release date.
    Wow. So... what... Netflix?

How does that help you run a business?

What exactly are you expecting other tabs to do to help you run your business?

Again, I don't think you're a real person.
    DocDRM likes this.
    06-20-12 04:50 PM
    Not even close. I'm quite passionate about my 9900 AND my Playbook!
    I envy you then. I am EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED with my Bold 9900.

It's hard to get things done with a phone that's laggy and can freeze up on you at will...a phone that on full charge will not get me past 3pm with moderate use. This is after flashing every single released ROM for the device on CB plus my fair share of leaked ROMs and hybrids...all in a bid to improve battery life.

To say I detest the former RIM CEOs is a serious understatement.
    06-21-12 12:53 AM
    I envy you then. I am EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED with my Bold 9900.

It's hard to get things done with a phone that's laggy and can freeze up on you at will...a phone that on full charge will not get me past 3pm with moderate use. This is after flashing every single released ROM for the device on CB plus my fair share of leaked ROMs and hybrids...all in a bid to improve battery life.

To say I detest the former RIM CEOs is a serious understatement.
    What's hard is understanding why someone is a member of CrackBerry, has a BlackBerry performing sub-par, yet never asks for advice to resolve the problem.

No one can complain their way to success tex.
    06-21-12 06:12 AM
    What's hard is understanding why someone is a member of CrackBerry, has a BlackBerry performing sub-par, yet never asks for advice to resolve the problem.

No one can complain their way to success tex.

I have swapped Bold 9900/9930s 3 times, each with abysmal battery life. Pray tell me, what advice can you possible offer me apart from the usual generic '10 tips to preserve battery life' which includes such gems like 'turn off bluetooth' (which I always do anyway) etc.
    Why do I have to switch my flagship phone to 2G just to get through a day on a single charge?

I've scoured the forums to install nearly every ROM or hybrid that is touted to have excellent battery life. No improvement there.

Other helpful pieces of advice i've gotten include "return it back to the shop". Not too helpful considering the fact that in my country salesmen will tell you about the poor battery life on the 9900. You basically buy it at your own peril.

PS: I mentioned earlier that i'd swapped my phone 3 times now. I wasn't kidding. The last 9930 i sold off to acquire this 9900 just gave the Red light of Death brick. Guess who the current owner expects to resolve this issue?
    06-21-12 06:55 AM
    It's June tex

I'd suggest you remove your apps, turn off auto-refresh on social/news feeds, replace the battery and get a spare battery for starters.
    06-21-12 07:05 AM
    It's June tex

I'd suggest you remove your apps, turn off auto-refresh on social/news feeds, replace the battery and get a spare battery for starters.
    Removed nearly all apps. Just barebones and a few social media apps. Auto-refresh only on Ubersocial, i even uninstalled Facebook!

Replaced battery, no dice. I've got a spare battery but it's a terrible hassle to charge it and remember to carry it around. it's also an inelegant solution and one that certainly does little to dampen my desire to throttle the RIM management.

I actually think it has something to do with the Radio of the device. On Wifi only, my BB can last 2.5 days. On 3G it's a fraction of that time.
    06-21-12 07:24 AM
    Removed nearly all apps. Just barebones and a few social media apps. Auto-refresh only on Ubersocial, i even uninstalled Facebook!

Replaced battery, no dice. I've got a spare battery but it's a terrible hassle to charge it and remember to carry it around. it's also an inelegant solution and one that certainly does little to dampen my desire to throttle the RIM management.

I actually think it has something to do with the Radio of the device. On Wifi only, my BB can last 2.5 days. On 3G it's a fraction of that time.
    If an OS change doesn't solve your signal issue, then all that's left is a carrier change, but you seem to have done that.

I don't mind carrying a sparer at all. I don't expect a full day from one charge. The phone's processor makes that unlikely. I also have chargers wherever I go.

Uber could be part of the problem. What has the analyzer said is taking the most out of your battery?
    06-21-12 07:54 AM

I def agree it must have something to do with the radio. You can press ALT and then NMLL to change your signal bars to a number. And that will help you determine if it's a signal problem. The lower the number the stronger the signal.
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    06-21-12 07:57 AM
    If an OS change doesn't solve your signal issue, then all that's left is a carrier change, but you seem to have done that.

I don't mind carrying a sparer at all. I don't expect a full day from one charge. The phone's processor makes that unlikely. I also have chargers wherever I go.

Uber could be part of the problem. What has the analyzer said is taking the most out of your battery?
    If you kindly check back in 2-3 hours i'll post screenshots of my device analyser.
    06-21-12 08:14 AM
    If you kindly check back in 2-3 hours i'll post screenshots of my device analyser.
    We don't need pics of your graph (don't know why there'd be a delay anyway). It's apparent you have signal issues, though some settings/apps may also be in play. You could switch to another platform, and I bet ya the problem would still be there.
    06-21-12 08:23 AM

However I have now 'seen the light. Sleepless nights waiting for would be, could be, delayed upgrades from original to 2.01 and now to 2.1 and being sadly dismayed with the final result I have decided to leave RIM to play with their toys and join the real world once again.
    Wow, you lost sleep over an upgrade? lol.

The next was a Samsung SIII for my wife who struggles to understand the basic concepts of nuclear fusion but who can quite happily connect into our home wifi network and all of the array of computers, mobile phones and tablets located around the home, with however the exception of my PlayBook!
    This really sounds like a personal problem. My wife isn't tech savvy, but she can do it. Maybe I should buy my wife a nuclear fusion text book
    06-21-12 09:01 AM
    The original post was going to be my last attempt to make sense of the dogged reluctance of some people to even consider that RIM may just (and I know this will come as a great shock to a lot of users) be run by mere human beings and not infallible machines.

I so wanted the PlayBook to be the 'David' that downed the giant ipad but unfortunately it didn't happen. It didn't happen because the pb hardware was inferior, it didn't happen because the chosen is was inferior nor did it fail because of the choice of screen size or build quality. It failed simply because of bad management!

In a frantic effort to grab a share of a substantial financial market to be earned from the tablet boom, RIM produced a product that theoretically should have been years ahead of any other tablet as their smartphones were. Unfortunately over a year after launch the pb is still struggling to live up to the expectations of most end users that believed the launch hype issued by RIM.

The pb still has the hardware and potential os to be outstanding, but due to bad management the PlayBook now enjoys a similar brand status to that of 'Skoda' who are now owned by a famous German car manufacturer and are quite impressive as far as products go, however they still hold the thoughts in the consumers mind of 'oh not another Skoda'.

I know that I will be bombarded now by people who own a Skoda and love them but there you go.

I believe RIM are too busy looking inwards trying to solve internal political issues in an attempt to keep shareholders happy and takeover bids at bay which is necessary but not at the cost of your product and customer base.

Os 10 maybe, could be, might be very good but would have been better if RIM had launched the pb already running os10 or would it, I don't know I haven't seen it. RIM's problem is will they have a big enough customer base left to financially support the development costs and continue to grow the company.

Syrous44, I thank you for your comments as I do all the other intelligent comments from the other people on this forum who genuinely care about the success of BlackBerry as a product, in particular the PlayBook. For others that can only manage to type 'same old same old' before they run out of vocabulary I ask this one question:

"IF THE PLAYBOOK IS THE HOLY GRAIL OF TABLETS THEN WHY DO SO MANY POSTS CONTAIN REFERENCES TO TRYING, FAILING, ATTEMPTING, WANTING THE PLAYBOOK TO EMULATE AN ANDROID TABLET RUNNING ANDROID SOFTWARE"

I don't want my pb to run android software! I just want the basic OS and functionality to work correctly as it was intended to. Until that happens what is the point of dreaming about a pb 4G or whatever. If the foundations are flawed, then the entire product built on those foundations are flawed.

Sorry if I offended any Skoda owners!
    06-21-12 09:21 AM
    LOL you see so many wanting to turn it into an android because so many looked at the price and thought.....I can buy this great hardware cheap and put a custom ROM on it. Found out oh no you can't, dingle is broken.
    06-21-12 09:28 AM
    sad_old_man you dont need to thank me. As much as i love bb to succeed and be the power house it once was i live in a little world called reality compared to most fanboys on all sides of the fence trolling.

The sad truth as much as Rim is a great product it was king of the hill by default not marketing or product. What people fail to understand BlackBerry was the first well engineered smartphone with no compition. And what happened rather then moving forward they sat on their mighty hill twirling their thumbs letting the compition learn and copy their system and improving on it some what and kicking their down to bottom of the heep.

Now my biggest fear is that with Windows looking promising on both the consumer market and enterprise with win 8 and sumsung and itoy working on enterprise solution (granted not great solutions compared to RIM) but viable alternatives. RIM even with BB10 might be left dead in the water as it just might be a little to late. That pisses me of the most RIM had a free golden ticket to the top and they just P@sst it away only now to relize other are going to inovate and conquer. RIM should of never stopped improving on what they do best.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-21-12 10:44 AM
    We don't need pics of your graph (don't know why there'd be a delay anyway). It's apparent you have signal issues, though some settings/apps may also be in play. You could switch to another platform, and I bet ya the problem would still be there.
    The delay is since I flashed the last ROM, I hadn't activated the device analyser's battery monitor. I did that a few hours ago so i gotta wait for it to get some data.

For now, the current drain rate reported is 8.33% per hour. From my past experience this can/will rise to around 12 - 18% per hour drain. All on moderate use. the 8.3% is most likely because I have the phone hooked up by Wifi to my Mobile router to reduce the reliance on 3G a bit.

Average number of modules = 58
    Average Number of processes = 50.28
    Total CPU = 13.18%

net_rim_bb_qm_peer is ALWAYS the module with the highest CPU time. For now it's at 5.4% but i've seen it much higher in the past.

For the Radio section, Mobile network usage is 99.93%.
    06-21-12 11:02 AM
    Kbz1960, WOW thanks to you I now know I am doing the right thing and I may start a new company to push forward OUR NEW PROJECT.

I buy an android tablet and then winge and moan and complain bitterly that it won't run bb apps!

At last we have found the holy grail!

Boys, we are millionaires over night!
    06-21-12 01:35 PM
    Since Crackberry has not had the decency to inform me that my post has been moved out of the original forum and into this one I can only assume that they accept my comments as the truth but do not want the unsuspecting user to be aware of the truth.

IF THAT IS NOT A TYPICAL BLACKBERRY APROACH TO USERS AND HOW THEY DEAL WITH PROBLEMS THEN! Whatever

Perhaps I should become like texazzpete and the rest of the morons and just post bull when someone dares to criticise what is probably the only thing in their life that enables them to attempt to communicate feebly as it happens with the rest of the human race.

Constructive observations are the basis of progress as opposed to inane sarcasm which is the lowest format of wit at best.

Perhaps that is where I am failing?

In that case I stand corrected, 'ALL HAIL RIM AND THE BELOVED PLAYBOOK. IT HAS BEEN SENT TO US FROM HEAVEN AND IT'S CREATOR RIM SHALL BE KNOWN AS THE CHOSEN ONE. THEY AND THEIR PRODUCTS CAN DO NO WRONG AND IF A MERE HUMAN SHOULD SAY ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY AND DISGUISE THEMSELVES AS A PAYING CUSTOMER WITHOUT THE PRIOR CONSENT OF RIM OR CRACKBERRY THEY WILL BE BANISHED AND SUFFER THE INANE REPLIES OF OUR DEVOUT FOLLOWERS, (should the therapists grant them leave from the asylum).
    06-21-12 03:02 PM
    I'm the indecent bastage.

I could have simply deleted the thread, and asked you to post here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

But, I felt the reform section was more appropriate. Originally your thread was in a help forum, but you don't want help anymore.

I wish you the best som. BlackBerries aren't for everyone.

Regard,
    Ed
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-21-12 03:16 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD