04-03-09 11:45 AM
26 12
tools
    After a year of thyroid issues, I was just today told that last week's biopsy (after a re-look) was found to have early stages of thyroid cancer.
    Which means I'll need to have my thyroid removed, but then I should be in the clear, albiet required to take hormones for my whole life.

Any other CBers with thyroid issues? They're pretty common.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 03:06 PM
    After a year of thyroid issues, I was just today told that last week's biopsy (after a re-look) was found to have early stages of thyroid cancer.
    Which means I'll need to have my thyroid removed, but then I should be in the clear, albiet required to take hormones for my whole life.

I'm sorry to hear(read) that! I hope all goes well for you!!
    03-03-09 03:23 PM
    hey sodakitty-im sorry to hear your bad news-if it helps il say a pray for you! hope everything goes well for you.....try to keep up in good spirits!
    03-03-09 03:29 PM
    hi. i'm so sorry. i was just told i am free of cancer after my surgery... of course it was ovarian cancer, and i too am now on hormones for the next 30 years or so. but i feel your pain. i'll keep you in my thoughts.
    03-03-09 03:34 PM
    Good Luck. God Bless You!

03-03-09 05:01 PM
    God bless and good luck. I'm sure I speak of all CB users that we support you. Be a survivor and we are all here for your. CB support.

03-03-09 05:20 PM
    Hang in there, love! God bless you and my prayers are with you.
    03-03-09 08:49 PM

I have them. Antibodies attack mine so I am always more tired than other people. I hate it BUT it's not cancer. To the OP: I'm so sorry to hear that! Well, at least they caught it before it did anything. That's certainly good!
    Last edited by techluvr1234; 03-03-09 at 09:49 PM.
    03-03-09 09:47 PM
    ****, so sorry to hear.

i've had graves since 96 and was in remission for awhile, not no meds or anything for the last few years but at my last endo visit they found a growth on my thyroid so i've been going for routine ultrasounds. my next visit is at the end of the month.

lots of good healing vibes to you <3
    03-03-09 09:56 PM
    Hypothyroidism is perhaps the 5th most common ailment in primary care after hypertension, diabetes, high colesterol and anxiety/sleep issues... there are millions of Americans on some kind of daily thyroid replacement therapy. It's a simple pill... and provided they can save at least one para-thyroid gland, it will be ONLY one tiny pill a day and you will never notice you don't have a thyroid gland.

I am assuming it's one of the two most common types and they caught it when fully contained, so all you will get is an annoying surgery and a single tiny pill for the rest of your life... and you just beat cancer baby!

Good Luck and let us know how it's going!
    03-03-09 10:09 PM
    stay strong soda and i have confidence that you'll be alright.
    03-04-09 12:19 AM
    I'm sorry to hear, my friend told me today she has Grave's as well. Stay strong, have faith and I hope everything works out for the better!
    03-04-09 12:32 AM
    Best of Luck! My prayers go out to you. As stated above, faith saves us all

03-04-09 12:38 AM
    I had graves disease @15 - I underwent radioactive iodine treatment that killed off some of my thyroid. I have been taking thyroid replacement since then and I'm doing quite well. I get a TSH level test every 3months and adjust meds when needed. Worst case for me is being lethargic and some trouble with weight. I'm fortunate to have a healthy weight but it is harder to lose it when I activley try. Good luck to you and keep positive thoughts. I imagine that as long as there's no cancer elsewhere you'll be fine.

03-04-09 03:02 AM
    Sorry to hear that. My mom has been on thyroid treatment for decades (not from cancer). There have been marked improvements in treatment over the years.
    03-04-09 07:48 AM
    When my mother had breast cancer and they removed her breast, they took out thyroid right underneath her armpit.

Her arm was blown up really big until the day she passed away. But of course her cancer is different than urs.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well

03-04-09 12:25 PM
    As a cancer survivor having reached my 10th year of victory, I extend my strongest best wishes for health and recovery. I have used this forum myself, to tell my tale of a visit to the darkest of hours, but hope lies in strong will and desire to overcome adversity.

May you have your best days yet to come!

03-29-09 02:56 AM
    Thanks again to everyone!

I have my thyroid out tomorrow, April 2nd. Hopefully all will go well and as planned. :3
    I just look forward to having it all over and done with.

04-01-09 12:36 PM
    May you face this challenge with determination, and you have our best of wishes for the best results and a speedy recovery!
    04-01-09 08:48 PM
    Good luck Kitty! I'm hoping you guys had good news about the insurance. Sounds like you have good docs who were on top of it.

04-01-09 10:02 PM
    Posting from the hospital bed.
    I'm thyroidless and sore as heck, but on some pretty "fun" painkillers and groggy.

I'm just really, really happy it's all over with...and, after the hormone replacement meds are set, I'll be able to get on with my life........and I look forward to a time when this is just a memory, and I'm telling my kids why Mommy has a scar in her neck.

Ow. Well, I'm gonna try to nap.
    It's a lot easier now to type than it is to talk.

04-02-09 08:35 PM
    I'm glad to hear things went well. Enjoy the "ride" and rest well.

04-02-09 11:31 PM
    Sk, sorry to hear you are BUT so glad they caught it early! Yes I have a sluggish thyroid and must take synthroid for life too, at a much smaller dose then you will require. I also have Barrett's Esophigis which can lead to cancer ans must be checked yearly. So far 3 years cancer free. I feel for you and fully understand what you are going thru hang in there!

04-02-09 11:46 PM
    G_d bless you SK! I've been asking in TBL how you are, glad I found your thread. I'm posting a link, we've all been worried, even fat-a$$.
    I'll keep praying for you. I'm so glad your surgery went well!

04-03-09 04:17 AM
    Good to hear you're doing well Get lots of sleep - try and score me some of those painkillers too
    04-03-09 11:35 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD