Didn't see this kind of post when I was looking for something new so thought I'd help.

Having used BB for 13 years (Key 2 silver and red most recently), I now own a Note 10+. I didn't want to switch, but was tired of bad cell service and if the Key2 is the final physical keyboard device, figured I'd switch now.

Main (probably only) reason I stuck with BB was how efficiently I could do everything (hot keys). Nothing will replace a keyboard, but the switch hasn't been as terrible as i thought. I put keys on my home screen, tap for one app, swipe up on the "key" for another (see pic)

I assume like anything, typing will improve over time, but it's not as bad as I imagined, so hope this helps someone.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Thinking of switching away from BB? There's hope-9811.jpg  
    09-19-19 05:08 PM
    I'd think that you might as well have small icons instead of keys, but it's an interesting idea.
    09-19-19 06:28 PM
    Didn't see this kind of post when I was looking for something new so thought I'd help.

Having used BB for 13 years (Key 2 silver and red most recently), I now own a Note 10+. I didn't want to switch, but was tired of bad cell service and if the Key2 is the final physical keyboard device, figured I'd switch now.

Main (probably only) reason I stuck with BB was how efficiently I could do everything (hot keys). Nothing will replace a keyboard, but the switch hasn't been as terrible as i thought. I put keys on my home screen, tap for one app, swipe up on the "key" for another (see pic)

I assume like anything, typing will improve over time, but it's not as bad as I imagined, so hope this helps someone.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    I dunno. You might have well just put the icons for the apps on your home screen.
    09-19-19 06:35 PM
    I'd think that you might as well have small icons instead of keys, but it's an interesting idea.
    I like how clean it is, and after years of using L for calendar and long press L for lists, if I just had the calendar icon, I'd feel weird swiping up on it for 'lists' for some reason haha.
    09-19-19 06:39 PM