I've been trying to get this guy to tell me the MEID / IMEI for this 9810 he has advertised. He is apprehensive to send that to me, thinking I can do something malicious with just those IDs. All I wanted to do was confirm it with AT&T.

Regardless, I want to go ahead and make the in person trade with him in a few hours. Do you think if I put my SIM in and it boots and registers with the AT&T network I should be good right? If it's blacklisted I wouldn't be able to do that correct?
    05-27-12 02:58 PM
    May be its working now. It will be blacklisted when he stops paying he's bill after he sells the bb.
    05-27-12 03:22 PM
    May be its working now. It will be blacklisted when he stops paying he's bill after he sells the bb.
    I don't see why the phone itself would be blacklisted for having his account go in to default...they'd just shut off his account/SIM, not mine. Only thing I could see the phone being blacklisted for would be lost/stolen. (It's GSM, not a CDMA phone).
    05-27-12 03:27 PM
    I don't see why the phone itself would be blacklisted for having his account go in to default...they'd just shut off his account/SIM, not mine. Only thing I could see the phone being blacklisted for would be lost/stolen. (It's GSM, not a CDMA phone).
    If he stops paying any of his bills before the contract is up will the carrier not blacklist it?

I'm in the UK and usually phones are free but of course you pay some off the phone throughout your xx months contract along with the phones usage.
    05-27-12 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD