Things we need people to do before they call us, by us i mean all call centers
    12-01-09 11:56 AM
    get dressed?
    12-01-09 12:01 PM
    I am a customer : I am always right.
    I make my payments, that pays your pay check. Which equals you lose customers you lose a job.
    You work for a customer service job that supplies services, goods, and products, customer service comes first.
    When I say " I want to speak to your manager" there is nothing more you can do for me and you should transfer me.

Yea I'm that guy.

{edit}
    said jokingly due to the fact i work in retail.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mjneid; 12-01-09 at 01:01 PM.
    12-01-09 12:01 PM
    I take auto/homeowners claims for a major insurance company (which will remain nameless) and this topic... I'm gonna try to keep it short.

Policy #.

Your name and address and yes, I am serious. Get at least 1-2 callers a day that can't verify their own address.

The year, make and model of your vehicle. You'd be surprised how many people don't know this...

I will be reporting back to this thread because I can go on for days.
    12-01-09 12:04 PM
    Mod, can you fix my spelling in the header, never done this before and cant figure out the edit feature
    12-01-09 12:07 PM
    Mod, can you fix my spelling in the header, never done this before and cant figure out the edit feature
    Mod has to do it, you can't edit the title for some reason.
    12-01-09 12:09 PM
    I would still think that after they hold and the IVR asks them not to call from the device that we will be working with they would get that hint
    12-01-09 12:10 PM
    A basic comprehension of the English language (in English-speaking countries of course) and the effort to at least TRY to speak it with me.
    12-01-09 12:19 PM
    I am a customer : I am always right.
    I make my payments, that pays your pay check. Which equals you lose customers you lose a job.
    You work for a customer service job that supplies services, goods, and products, customer service comes first.
    When I say " I want to speak to your manager" there is nothing more you can do for me and you should transfer me.

Yea I'm that guy.
    Ditto on that. The thread should have ended right there. If they don't want to deal with the customers, quit

12-01-09 12:24 PM
    Ditto on that. The thread should have ended right there. If they don't want to deal with the customers, quit

It's not so black and white but I'm not gonna bother...

And if I could quit and find another job that pays as much, I would do it today.
    12-01-09 12:33 PM
    All set In the future just report the thread. That will get quicker attention.
    12-01-09 12:35 PM
    The responsibility of a CS is to deal with customers.

Some customers are smart/stupid, nice/mean, happy/depress, easy/demanding, etc. That's what you are paid to do. If all customers were well informed, then they wouldn't need to call in. They don't call in, there wouldn't be a need for a CS position.

It's not our job to make your job easier. If you think about it, the more problems we cause, the more valuable your job is to your company. If some CS in your company can assist 10,000 customers a day, your job will be at risk.

Look at Sprint lately. They have improved overall service so they closed down several call centers. This is the irony.
    Last edited by leskchan; 12-01-09 at 01:05 PM.
    12-01-09 12:45 PM
    yea, but the cust should help us with our job, such as not being on the device they want fixed, ( 50% ) of my call are like that. and they get mad at me bc i cant fix it. or even knowing thier own phone number, or having the phone with them...i could go on
    12-01-09 01:25 PM
    yea, but the cust should help us with our job, such as not being on the device they want fixed, ( 50% ) of my call are like that. and they get mad at me bc i cant fix it. or even knowing thier own phone number, or having the phone with them...i could go on
    If all the customers who call in are well-informed with all the information on-hand and make the calls last only 25% as long instead, then your company can trim 75% off the CS staff. Would you like be one of the 75% CS staff that your company is going layoff?
    12-01-09 01:30 PM
    CSR should not treat callers like we're stupid!
    12-01-09 01:33 PM
    CSR should not treat callers like we're stupid!
    But what if we ARE?

When I call customer service, at the end of the call when they ask if there is anything else they can do for me......I always purr "explain to me what you're wearing verrrry slowly".
    12-01-09 01:41 PM
    When I call customer service, at the end of the call when they ask if there is anything else they can do for me......I always purr "explain to me what you're wearing verrrry slowly".
    That's hot ....

I am not a CS, but could you call me anyway at my private number?
    12-01-09 01:43 PM
    If youre gonna call into CS because youre mad at a policy or a change, DONT cuss at the person who answers your call.. I always hated that working in CS.. I've been called every name you could think of and told you shut up more times in one day than I can count.

Second, being the customer, when I call in, I dont want someone who is rude.. tries to rushes me off the phone.. or most of all, is chewing gum.. I HATE THAT..or even those who talk to me like Im a moron..Im the one who is quick to asks for managers.. and managers of those managers.

You should always know who youre calling too.. believe it or not, I always got people who thought they were calling a different bank(that the one I worked for..) and they would rant and rant and then I told them I couldnt help them cause I dont work for them..

And I hated getting people who were doing other things(ie yelling at their kids, grocery shopping, talking to other people, or my favorite-putting me on hold to do something else)
    12-01-09 02:07 PM
    I work in the automotive parts industry, I am ASE and AIA Certified. I get calls every day that go something like this
    Me: thank you for calling ___ auto parts how may i help you"
    them: Yea.... i need a part for my car.....

several seconds go by

me: okay sir what type of car do you have
    them: Volvo - 4door
    me: okay what year
    them: mid 90's 4door red in color
    me: okay i need to know a year/make/model for me to look up the parts sir

then like magic they know everything about the car....

them: 1994 Volvo 940GL Series, Sedan, automatic.
    me: well what exactly are you looking for
    them: the part that connects to the thing that strut connects to, and make the wheel turns left and right
    me: that's the tie rod end

i can serious go on.....

we work with the public, that is what you get when you work with the public. if you don't like it go look for a job @ a morgue, their customers don't talk back....
    12-01-09 02:30 PM
    I know what my job entails and that is helping customers and I do what I'm supposed to do to keep my job. And honestly I do a good job, I'm one of the good CSR's but you'll just have to take my word for it obviously.

That doesn't change the fact that customers are stupid, mean and just wrong in general most of the time. I still have to suck up and kiss a$$ all day long. I basically have the same coversation with a different person over and over and over 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I'm not going to bother citing examples because I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. I still hate my job.
    12-01-09 02:38 PM
    That's what a job is. A job is something that we have to do so we have the money to do the things that we want to do.
    12-01-09 02:46 PM
    I have never worked as a paid customer service rep, however I did work a 'crisis hotline' while in college. So along the same lines:

Before you call a crisis hotline, make sure you are indeed IN CRISIS! Suicidal, jacked up on methamphetamine, 6 ways of batspit crazy, whatever.

The crisis hotline is not a free 900 number. Please have something crisis-y to discuss, other than just making awkward sounds and breathing heavy.
    12-01-09 02:51 PM
    Personal favorite -
    Me: Can i get your phone #
    Them: I don't know my number
    Me:You dont know your own number?
    Them: No I don't call myself
    Me: Well I don't write letters to myself but I still know my address...
    12-01-09 03:05 PM
    Them: I don't know my address either...
    12-01-09 03:06 PM
    "Things that customers should know before they call CS"

If, when you call them, you are polite and treat them with respect, you tend to get preferential treatment when it comes to getting future upgrades etc.

The notes from their past experiences with you are looked at every time you call.
    12-01-09 11:56 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD