BB doesn't need all the stupid hype type commercials...BB doesn't need to waste money on stupid ads.
    I beg to differ, I still fail to see the logic in RIM's "Blackberry Loves U2" ad.
    08-11-09 03:32 AM
    RIM needs adds to show the productivity of their phones. Not the stupid ones the carriers run for the berries. RIM needs to really show how the productivity can lead to you being addicted to these devices. I hardly let mine out of my hand, and I'd dare say we are all like that! We need a way to express that to people that are about to buy these toys and think they will get real work done!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 05:50 AM
    Its true. I wish the BBs had the app database that the iPhone has. My one friend that has an iPhone bought it with his Chase card. Paid for it with the Chase app. Paid his car insurance with the State Farms app. Bought himself a movie ticket that night when we all went out with the Fandango app. Grabbed some books and movies with the Amazon app (which we actually have :-)). Then I walk into Barnes and Noble and see a sign for their iPhone app. I want an app for everything too!
    08-11-09 06:35 AM
    Why do people insist on making the BB an iPhone. If I wanted all
    the crappy and useless apps available on Apple I'd get an iPhone.

You want the apps and all the detritus that comes along with the
    iPhone just get one. BlackBerry Apps are more focused on
    functionality.
    I say the same thing. Espcially when it come to themes. There's a thread in the tour forums where people are getting excited for the same rehashed Ipoop look a like themes..
    08-11-09 06:53 AM
    I say the same thing. Espcially when it come to themes. There's a thread in the tour forums where people are getting excited for the same rehashed Ipoop look a like themes..
    I see what you mean. I don't by any means want an iPhone or want my BB to act like one. I do like some of the apps and the functionality provided by those apps that the iPhone has. Like the Fandango app. Yes you can do it through the browser but the app is more responsive and faster. I'd like to be able to pay Chase through an app on my Storm as well.
    08-11-09 06:59 AM
    The only advantage that the iphone currenlty has over my BB is screen size. I have a Pearl 8100, I have had it for a while, I am in the market for a new phone and was thinking about the Storm---Screen problem solved. I want a productive phone, not a phone where I can DL useless apps to show people how cool I am (the BB already makes it's owner super cool anyway).

At anyrate, some of the iphone apps are useful and would be an asset to BB, but I wouldn't dream of downgrading phones to get a useful app. And I wouldn't dream of running my BB into another phone.
    08-11-09 07:10 AM
    o0stryxs0o and ekyle: you both made good points....if we could get some of those really good apps like "state farm app" or something like that....we need something that shows just how produtive and addictive a BB is

08-11-09 08:06 AM
    Does anyone know if BB has that fandango app....I've been wanting that one for a while now

08-11-09 08:10 AM
    I haven't bothered to read the last two pages of this thread, so I'm not sure if this has been said. That app you saw on tv is nothing more than a fancy bluetooth app. Nothing revolutionary except for the interface. I can do that with my BB but why would I? Bluetooth is slow, why not use the already available MMS option? Oh wait, you can't do that yet, with the iPhone here in the States. That's why they need that app.

08-11-09 08:49 AM
    Sure the iPhone is flashy and fun to play with because its a toy. Functionality is what matters with apps, and my BlackBerry does everything I need it to, and I only have 3 3rd party apps even installed. Who really needs a virtual lighter?
    08-11-09 08:56 AM
    Does anyone know if BB has that fandango app....I've been wanting that one for a while now

Not yet unfortunately... I think you can do it through Poynt but I read somewhere it has somewhat of a battery drain. I usually just buy my tickets through their site on the BB Browser.
    08-11-09 09:21 AM
    You can do it in Poynt. Not much of a battery drain at all.
    08-11-09 09:23 AM
    I actually have point...never tried to purchase tickets with it though...hmmmm maybe I will...thanks

08-11-09 09:33 AM
    I beg to differ, I still fail to see the logic in RIM's "Blackberry Loves U2" ad.
    +1, i hate u2.

as for the topic at hand, i dont really use a lot of the apps for the BB so im not very jealous of the iphone. i would use one if it was given to me but i probably wouldnt ever pay for one.

especially just for the apps they have.
    08-11-09 09:55 AM
    Most apps on the iphone are lame, and the worst thing they turn u into some kind of snob who cares if u know how to make a margarita thanks to ur iphone...when I used to use mine I liked the app that would find restaurants close to you, it would have been better if the places actually existed, oh wow my iphone can fart! I am so awesome I pay close to $100.00 to have a toy that can fart!! those BB users are so jealous right now!
    08-11-09 06:53 PM
    i want an iCrap app. you put your iPhone on the floor face up, squat and drop a load right on the screen.

then, somehow, it disappears.
    08-12-09 09:46 AM
    Is there an app to constantly clean the screen? That's my biggest gripe with any touch screen device.

It does seem like most of their apps are worthless at best.

08-12-09 10:27 AM
    Why do people insist on making the BB an iPhone. If I wanted all
    the crappy and useless apps available on Apple I'd get an iPhone.

You want the apps and all the detritus that comes along with the
    iPhone just get one. BlackBerry Apps are more focused on
    functionality.
    I must confess I DO have the Fart app on my Storm!
    08-12-09 10:32 AM
    i want an iCrap app. you put your iPhone on the floor face up, squat and drop a load right on the screen.

then, somehow, it disappears.
    Mwhahaha

08-12-09 10:36 AM
    I must confess I DO have the Fart app on my Storm!
    and you pull it off with class, im sure.
    ive been meaning to get that...
    08-12-09 10:43 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD