So I'm watching tv and I see this new iPhone "ther's an app for that commercial"....it was showing some stuff where you can exchange contact info by bumping two of them together and how you could share photos just by flicking the pic in the direction of another iPhone....at the end of it I said to myself in a very upset voice "Son of a (bad word lol)!!!"

Now I'm wondering why Blackberry doesn't have as many cool apps as the iPhone...I'm awaiting the day that I see a BlackBerry app commercial....hopefully we'll have way better apps by then, if that ever happens

What do yall think? Will we ever get to see that?

[Excuse any typo(s)...in a rush lol]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 11:36 PM
    Good call that app does look cool. I haven't seen anything like that for us yet. For every cool app they have the have 30 pointless ones

08-10-09 11:47 PM
    that'd be pretty cool and i'd also like for the option to buy apps without using paypal.
    08-10-09 11:47 PM
    Ya the pay pal thing is way overrated for sure

08-10-09 11:49 PM
    Saejosh: they may have 30 pointless apps for every cool one, but the cool ones are just so cool

NinjaBunny89: I agree

08-10-09 11:53 PM
    they could sum all of it by this...

"Want to pay a lot of money on an app that you'll use once and never again... yep .. there's an app for that"
    08-11-09 12:01 AM
    So I'm watching tv and I see this new iPhone "ther's an app for that commercial"....it was showing some stuff where you can exchange contact info by bumping two of them together and how you could share photos just by flicking the pic in the direction of another iPhone....at the end of it I said to myself in a very upset voice "Son of a (bad word lol)!!!"

Now I'm wondering why Blackberry doesn't have as many cool apps as the iPhone...I'm awaiting the day that I see a BlackBerry app commercial....hopefully we'll have way better apps by then, if that ever happens

What do yall think? Will we ever get to see that?

[Excuse any typo(s)...in a rush lol]

Wanna share a contact?

Use BBM

Wanna share a picture?

Use BBM

"There's BBM for that"
    08-11-09 12:02 AM
    Wanna share a contact?

Use BBM

Wanna share a picture?

Use BBM

"There's BBM for that"
    YES! YES! That is what I'm talking about! We need a "There's BBM for that" commercial...death to iPhone commercials LOL

08-11-09 12:04 AM
    But they let their apps access core functions without the user giving the app permission. Think about what the app could be doing in the background without you knowing.

SECURITY - is there an app for that?
    08-11-09 12:05 AM
    Even though I think that most of the apps for the iPhone are really cool - I have a problem with exactly what most people will actually use all of those apps for and/or how often they would use them.

Having dealt with the iPhone and iPod Touch from their beginnings I tend to see them as amusement toys rather than serious smartphones. Once you get them and play with them and fill them up with apps for "this and that" - I don't see too many opportunities to use all those apps. I tend to want something that is a little more productive. Filcking a pic at someone elses device is not what I'd call productive.

After all - how many people am I going to run into with the capability of receiving my flicked pic? At the moment I know about 3 and we haven't "flicked pics" yet. LOL!

Peace...
    08-11-09 12:06 AM
    you can exchange contact info by bumping two of them together
    I would never bump my Bold into another phone to exchange info (or for any other reason).
    08-11-09 12:08 AM
    Why do people insist on making the BB an iPhone. If I wanted all
    the crappy and useless apps available on Apple I'd get an iPhone.

You want the apps and all the detritus that comes along with the
    iPhone just get one. BlackBerry Apps are more focused on
    functionality.
    08-11-09 12:10 AM
    Pbflash: good one "is there an app for that" LOL

Tediprude: I never thought of it that way

Pbflash: *correction, good two.."Never bump my bold..." LOL

08-11-09 12:13 AM
    Why do people insist on making the BB an iPhone. If I wanted all
    the crappy and useless apps available on Apple I'd get an iPhone.

You want the apps and all the detritus that comes along with the
    iPhone just get one. BlackBerry Apps are more focused on
    functionality.
    Somebody sounds a tad bit upset, LOL....however, I see your point

08-11-09 12:16 AM
    I just see my blackberry as the most 'practical' everyday device filled with apps I regularly use. Its just a more realistic device for daily use. But I guess millions of iPhone users could prove me wrong.

I just love the fact I can sit in bed right now while watching Seinfeld surf crackberry and post this all at once.

08-11-09 12:19 AM
    Pbflash: good one "is there an app for that" LOL

Tediprude: I never thought of it that way

Pbflash: *correction, good two.."Never bump my bold..." LOL

Propa, you know that you can multi quote, right? Thats what the little "+" icon with the quotes is next to the "Quote" button

Completely agree with amazinglygraceless
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 08-11-09 at 12:31 AM.
    08-11-09 12:29 AM
    Somebody sounds a tad bit upset, LOL....however, I see your point
    Do you?

The iPhone is a toy, the BB is a tool.

If you want to make your tools into toys, my 6yr old nephew could help you out.
    08-11-09 12:44 AM
    Wanna share a contact?

Use BBM

Wanna share a picture?

Use BBM

"There's BBM for that"
    Haha. ROFL. Exactly! I literally laughed at your post loll

08-11-09 12:53 AM
    Propa, you know that you can multi quote, right? Thats what the little "+" icon with the quotes is next to the "Quote" button

Completely agree with amazinglygraceless
    I'm very aware of that...however I've been using my Bold since I originally posted and I don't have that option

08-11-09 12:59 AM
    I'm very aware of that...however I've been using my Bold since I originally posted and I don't have that option

HAHAHA! My bad, totally didnt catch that!
    08-11-09 01:02 AM
    Do you?

The iPhone is a toy, the BB is a tool.

If you want to make your tools into toys, my 6yr old nephew could help you out.
    I'm very aware of what BB/iPhone is/isnt...I'm starting to think some people aren't smart enough to see the see what I was really getting @....seeing as how you are one of them let me explain...I love my BB and in no way do I want to dumb it down to an iPhone, my main point was BB getting commercials like "ther's an app for that" to show how great they are but I would like some of those iPhone apps...so I don't see very well how that 6yo could help me with anything....maybe he could help you come up with a better attempt at a joke :-)

08-11-09 01:08 AM
    HAHAHA! My bad, totally didnt catch that!
    Its cool....I do mostly everything on CB using my BB :-)

08-11-09 01:09 AM
    ...I'm starting to think some people aren't smart enough to see the see what I was really getting @....seeing as how you are one of them let me explain...
    Hmmm...you want to question my intelligence.

BB doesn't need all the stupid hype type commercials like the iToy just like Snap-On, Craftsman, and Makita don't need commercials to sell their tools. Why spend money on stupid ads when it can be better used to improve your product?

I think some people (OP) aren't smart enough to see that BB doesn't need to waste money on stupid ads.
    08-11-09 01:32 AM
    iphone has a lot of apps. Most of them useless and overpriced. BB has the programs we really need.

Wonder of the paypal in app is pushed because of offers better security? That's a hug part of BB no?
    08-11-09 01:49 AM
    Pbflash: LOL...I see some one (you) has been stalking my posts LOL...good lookin out :-)

Ranger_gm: you are right and as much as I don't like pay pal you do have a STRONG point

08-11-09 01:53 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD