i say give me that 700billion let me rock out with my **** out...........
    09-29-08 09:42 PM
    Well I guess it was a bit over the top and I should apologize for going OT on the thread here...I should have went with the PM option instead.

But I've tried to be civil with D and his response is always the same. He's been deliberately offensive to myself and others that don't agree with his politics or rambling philosophy. He's gone as far as copying a pic that I had posted, of myself, and using his cyber crayon to scribble a little Hitler mustache on it, then post it onto another thread. Not a huge deal, but childish and annoying nonetheless.

It's one thing to disagree but to personally attack people like he has, is simply not called for...I just gave him a taste of his own medicine. And by doing so I lowered myself to his standards...or lack thereof.

I don't apologized to D, but I do think that an apology is in order to the rest of the CB community, for my rant.

But if you look at a few posts before that, which D had posted...and some of his other posts to other members...you can see that D was instigating a flame...and he got one! And I'll do it again if need be...but I will take it to a direct level and leave the community out of it.

That's where I was wrong and I humbly apologize for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Woody, give yourself a break. I know about the ' history' between you guys. Freedom of speech is our right as Americans. Thank God. . I wish everyone in America was as passionate about their beliefs as you are. Besides, I'm sick of pacifists. . They get in my way! lol.

09-29-08 09:49 PM
    Be careful with pacifists. When you oppose them, somehow they become the most violent people ever. I'm not really sure where that comes from since they claim to be for peace, but whatever I guess.

I still don't see how one man is thought of by some as the sole cause of this mess instead of the real culprits: the idiots running the corporations buying up subprime mortgages and encouraging more to be sold to potential homeowners...

09-29-08 10:03 PM
    Be careful with pacifists. When you oppose them, somehow they become the most violent people ever. I'm not really sure where that comes from since they claim to be for peace, but whatever I guess.
    LOL...have you ever played football with a bunch of Mennonites? They're brutal!!

09-29-08 10:20 PM

I still don't see how one man is thought of by some as the sole cause of this mess instead of the real culprits: the idiots running the corporations buying up subprime mortgages and encouraging more to be sold to potential homeowners...

Don't worry about me. I'm from Virginia. I know all about sheep (I mean pacifists). As for George W. Bush. I flat out don't like him. He is the President of the United States, come on people He should be held responsible for the mess we are in. It's called accountability.

09-29-08 10:27 PM
    Don't worry about me. I'm from Virginia. I know all about sheep (I mean pacifists). As for George W. Bush. I flat out don't like him. He is the President of the United States, come on people He should be held responsible for the mess we are in. It's called accountability.

im in no way a Bush fan .. he will go down in history as the worst president but the only people you can blame for this is the inept CEOs of the banks. if they didn't come up with the ARM and Pick a Payment loans we would not be in this situation.
    09-29-08 10:32 PM
    Hi def. it is a shame that you have no clue what so ever how the government works or how our hands are tied behind our backs you think that your vote counts for much you need to go back and learn how it is the Electoral College and not you in fact go back to the Clinton era and see how a pre vote was taken two weeks prior to the Election and then when the actual vote came through it was exactly the same. last I heard it was the Electoral College job to vote as the people of the State so wished in the case of Nevada they voted any way they wanted and 6 hours before the polls closed we will see the same again and the only way to fix this is to have a continental congress called to order and all the idiots in office thrown out. Then we have a chance. How many years did Rome last before they collapsed. Obama is far from the answer he is the problem by far.
    09-29-08 10:34 PM
    Green never was my favorite color on the pallet; doesn't suit my skin tone. I don't go all Hulk when someone doesn't agree with me. My name's not **** Cheney. I never was a big fan of the Hulk anyway; not because he's green; but rather because capris aren't my thing (especially brown ones ruffled at the edges)...I'm more of a Magneto type of guy; I use a cautioned and calculated approach to what's conducive to dealing with an issue.

Why did pacificism come into the discussion? I find that to be unwarranted. Concerning the topic of passion...well we're all passionate about one thing or another; I'm no exception.

I understand how gov't works; especially how its red tape and loopholes are applied towards the allowances of corporations; at the expense of grievances of the public and even the canibilization of other companies. I also understand the electorate process of our gov't...it doesn't mean we should short-change/neglect our rights given under the system.

Take care and good'night,
    HD; not D.
    09-30-08 01:02 AM
    HD, you, very unfortunaely, come across as a typical, or rather sterotypical, liberal democrat. I have yet to hear you state what you apparent savior, Obama, is actually going to do for the economy? Is he going to help create jobs.....how? Is he going to help our ailing automakers? He would have to kill the unions to do that and they are the ones trying to elect him! Taxes.....oh wait, he will likely raise those. War in Iraq? Any fool knows that can't be ended quickly (not arguing whether we should be there, irrelivant point since we are there).......what will Obama the Savior do? I think the answer is whatever his handlers want him to.......yes I said it, he can speak.....that's about it! last thought, last time I checked one of the largest drivers for the economy was the Fed's interest rate which is NOT set by the president......

09-30-08 06:34 AM
    last I heard it was the Electoral College job to vote as the people of the State so wished in the case of Nevada they voted any way they wanted and 6 hours before the polls closed we will see the same again
    It's funny you mention this...I was talking to a friend just last night, who happens to live in Nevada, about this very thing.

He's at a point of "bitter resentment" in regards to his vote actually counting. He doesn't know if he's gonna bother to vote...wasting his time.

But then again, if it wasn't for the Electorial College I think we would have had to listen to Al Gore after 2000. Now talk about a guy with an agenda?!?

09-30-08 07:05 AM
    wow i missed quite a bit lol....people want to complain about raising taxes but how else do you plan on paying back all the stuff we're buying/paying for with credit? this economic crisis is based on the problems with "revolving credit" yet our credit as a country is strained to the max...at some point you MUST stop spending more than you're making, i know i can't spend more than i make on my budget. debts do not go away and taking a voluntary reduction in pay (ie cutting taxes for the wealthy - again) is not going to help anyone's financial well-being never mind help our country's mulit-TRILLION dollar debt...and as far as the Electoral College goes, this premise is as simple as the way the House and the Senate were set up...it comes down to states rights and equal representation. vote/don't vote it's your right, but by not voting you pretty much give up your right to complain about the state and effectiveness of our gov't...
    09-30-08 07:33 AM
    LOL...you know as well as I do that people are gonna complain no matter what. That is a an unrelinquished right, again...no matter what, that's protected under the First Amendment.

The "don't vote/can't complain" cliche is just a clevor blanket statement that is used to censor somebodys opinion that we don't want to hear...and both sides toss it around like free tickets to the fair. I know I've used it, but people will ALWAYS complain.

09-30-08 07:55 AM
    i'm more than happy to listen to all opinions, but you dont have a leg to stand on if you decided not to vote...my "dont vote/dont complain" statement was an OPINION not an attempt to "censor" peoples' opinions i dont agree with...and i dont believe that any one here is trying to ingnore the first amendment
    09-30-08 09:05 AM
    There are many pieces to the puzzle here (in no particular order)...Congress, the President (I think that's his official title), the Senate, corporations, quasi-governmental entities (Fannie and Freddie Mac), banks, private-mortgagers.

To ENTIRELY blame the President is nonsense. Yet to not point a couple of fingers of blame on him...is stupidity.

The fact is this...the dow has plunged the largest number of points in the history of the stock market. The fact is this; this adminstration has grossly, and in an unbalanced way...put war-mongering, violence, fear, the military, and all else associated with it...FIRST...at the true expense of our citizens (you, me, our parents, grandparents, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, trolls, future children).

This is not fair, this is not right. Until election day, we have our hands tied behind our backs...that's the day they'll be un-tied; and that'll be the day that starts the future of what all it will show.
    When a football team wins or loses who gets the ULTIMATE blame: the head of the team---the QUARTERBACK. When a country's economy among other things is this messed up, who should get the ULTIMATE blame: the head of the country: BUSH. If this country was as good as it could be----Bush and his supporters would surely be giving him the credit!!!!! Can't have it both ways folks!!!!
    09-30-08 09:16 AM
    <----- last two sentences were spot on envied
    09-30-08 09:20 AM
    To ENTIRELY blame the President is nonsense. Yet to not point a couple of fingers of blame on him...is stupidity.
    My apologies to all, Hi-Def really put it rightly. I posted originally in a fit of anger after reading what happened to the Dow and take full responsibility for the nonsense of the post.

HOWEVER... Those of you who are saying that the President has nothing to do with the situation? WAKE UP!
    09-30-08 09:23 AM
    True! But like someone said...there's many pieces to this puzzle. And it's a complicated puzzle at that!

09-30-08 09:48 AM
    True! But like someone said...there's many pieces to this puzzle. And it's a complicated puzzle at that!
    There will be minds much greater than ours still puzzling this out 100 years from now I'm sure.
    09-30-08 10:38 AM
    I just wanna be post 43

09-30-08 11:11 AM
    All can share blame on this. To blame one person, or one branch of gov't, or only one portion of our economic model would be convenient but in error.

09-30-08 11:12 AM
    So, if you took the 85 billion dollars earmarked for the AIG bail out and distributed it equally amongst the 200 million adults in the US, it roughly comes out to about 250 grand each... 30% back to the feds for taxes and we sit at 175K each... Think that would fix a lot, if not most, of the problems?

09-30-08 11:34 AM
    So, if you took the 85 billion dollars earmarked for the AIG bail out and distributed it equally amongst the 200 million adults in the US, it roughly comes out to about 250 grand each... 30% back to the feds for taxes and we sit at 175K each... Think that would fix a lot, if not most, of the problems?
    Sounds like a good plan to me!
    09-30-08 12:04 PM
    HD, you, very unfortunaely, come across as a typical, or rather sterotypical, liberal democrat. I have yet to hear you state what you apparent savior, Obama, is actually going to do for the economy? Is he going to help create jobs.....how? Is he going to help our ailing automakers? He would have to kill the unions to do that and they are the ones trying to elect him! Taxes.....oh wait, he will likely raise those. War in Iraq? Any fool knows that can't be ended quickly (not arguing whether we should be there, irrelivant point since we are there).......what will Obama the Savior do? I think the answer is whatever his handlers want him to.......yes I said it, he can speak.....that's about it! last thought, last time I checked one of the largest drivers for the economy was the Fed's interest rate which is NOT set by the president......

I second everthing u said its nice to see some clear thinking folks on here. Thanks

09-30-08 12:06 PM
    I second everthing u said its nice to see some clear thinking folks on here. Thanks

Pretty amazing how the term "clear thinking folks" can have a different definition depending on who you speak to. It's all a matter of perception.
    09-30-08 12:32 PM
    When a football team wins or loses who gets the ULTIMATE blame: the head of the team---the QUARTERBACK. When a country's economy among other things is this messed up, who should get the ULTIMATE blame: the head of the country: BUSH. If this country was as good as it could be----Bush and his supporters would surely be giving him the credit!!!!! Can't have it both ways folks!!!!

Maybe I watch different games but I've seen many where the quarterback was spotless in performance and execution. Now the kicker may have flubbed a few or defense got walked over and let too many runs through, maybe the center had one too many illegal motions and the fouls cost them points. It's called a team for a reason. The QB can talk till he's blue and one fool will still run in the wrong direction every time. Do you blame the QB for passing where the receiver was supposed to be? Not taking sides here but I think bringing it back to reality is a place where I can understand it.
    09-30-08 02:13 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD