09-29-08 01:23 PM
    I love it. Another ***** blaming the economy on the bush...You are laughable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 02:03 PM
    I'm sorry; I didn't know that the President had a vote in the House. When did that change take effect, exactly?
    09-29-08 02:42 PM
    Hey, all you Conservative apologists, you all know that we would not have been in this situation in the first flippin' place if GW had been any kind of a leader and done something about the economy years ago. 'Nuff said.
    09-29-08 03:39 PM
    Oh geez. This is gonna get ugly..

09-29-08 03:42 PM
    sure is lol
    09-29-08 03:44 PM
    Uh. Just like Wild Bill didn't do anything which caused issues in '01?

This mess was caused by a bunch of ***** investors whose companies should be allowed to fail. It may hurt in the short term but in the long term things should be better with the subprime stupidity as a thing of the past.

The president isn't anywhere nearly as responsible for things (like the economy) as people think.

09-29-08 03:46 PM
    There are many pieces to the puzzle here (in no particular order)...Congress, the President (I think that's his official title), the Senate, corporations, quasi-governmental entities (Fannie and Freddie Mac), banks, private-mortgagers.

To ENTIRELY blame the President is nonsense. Yet to not point a couple of fingers of blame on him...is stupidity.

The fact is this...the dow has plunged the largest number of points in the history of the stock market. The fact is this; this adminstration has grossly, and in an unbalanced way...put war-mongering, violence, fear, the military, and all else associated with it...FIRST...at the true expense of our citizens (you, me, our parents, grandparents, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, trolls, future children).

This is not fair, this is not right. Until election day, we have our hands tied behind our backs...that's the day they'll be un-tied; and that'll be the day that starts the future of what all it will show.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-29-08 at 04:06 PM.
    09-29-08 04:03 PM
    good points hi-def....people need to remember that this $700 billion "bail-out" plan was money we DO NOT have so if it did pass W picks up the phone to China and takes out another loan...we have to put a little bit of faith in our elected officials right now - and interestingly enough it was the republicans (2/3's of them) who voted against their leader here
    09-29-08 04:20 PM
    Yea....but nobody complained about receiving a stimulus check, did they?

Actually, my new found friend Mr. Hi-Dufus actually DID make some very good points this time and were FAIR and relatively unbias, for the most part! NICELY STATED DEF!!!

You & I might get along if you keep this up! Well....that and quit drawing on my face with your Crayons!

OK, that might be asking too much?!?

Ooooo, it's getting a little warm in here...don't ya think?

09-29-08 04:48 PM
    w00dy; and your freudian slip of a username...as much as it may hurt your feelings; I honestly don't care to get-along with you even if you get along with me.

It's comedic how you try to act cute with your colored-commentary; and then tell people to 'lighten-up' when your comments are obviously tainted with discreet and disparaging comments.

Now watch...either you'll have a reply with your typical approach, either you won't have a reply...or you'll provide a response that's not-so typical w00dy-like. Either way, the caps on the bottles have been popped off and emptied.

09-29-08 05:03 PM
    first off...i didnt get a stimulus check, and secondly, stimulus package didnt work either in case you havent noticed...the solution is not always an infusion of cash, because that bump needs to be sustained and there needs to be a way to sustain it...

look at the new york yankees for instance, the most expensive team ever fielded and they finished THIRD. (lol)

the more money we borrow, the less clout we have internationally...we cant one day bash China for their domestic short-comings and then the next day call them and ask for $700...and if that bail out plan passed that's exactly what was going to happen...we're already borrowing from China to fund our wars on terrorism...odd right?
    09-29-08 05:14 PM
    how can you blame the president ..he urged the house republicans to vote yes on this . you want blame someone blame Nancy Pelosi . She made this a political event.

i am on the side of not doing the bail out ... last i checked it didnt cost us any money to deal with the Wamu and Wachovia buyouts ...let the markets fix them selfs and consolidation is good. yes there will be more pain but in the end the best of breed will be let and this shouldn't happen again.

for once i have to agree with Cramer from CNBC at 2pm he got on tv and said the FDIC should raise its limits to insure up to 1 million per account instead of 100,000 at least that will put a calm to everyone taking there money out of the banks.

on a side note ..ouch just pull up my stock accounts didnt think i could ever loose this much money in one day .
    09-29-08 05:22 PM
    hard to even blame nancy pelosi - the stocks were half way to being down 777 before the vote was taken...blame goes all around for not figuring out something sooner...maybe instead of taking 6 week vactions Congress should have gone to work every day and figured this out over the summer...anyone else you know get a guaranteed 6 week vacay every summer?
    09-29-08 05:26 PM
    JRussett...I'm glad you pointed out the point on the stimulus payment. The stimulus payment program was a temporary light bulb that flickered on as a tease in a lights-out situation. (Btw, be careful further addressing moot topics such as the 'stimulus' package w/ people named w00dy). The words stimulus and package can be heaven-sent nomenclature.

Sorry to sound all rass-krass about all this; but annoying people that don't really know the real catalysts behind meltdowns such as what we're living through now; yet talk/confess as though they do...irk me; and are downright dangerous to those that truly are oblivious to how/why things are the way they are; yet who want to sincerely learn. I either admit; or outright don't comment on at all...concerning things I don't know anything about. I suppose in an idealistic world; I expect the like from others.

If I come across as biased based on my knowledge (which has both been given and seeked)...then so be it; I don't take offense. I think 'bias' as some call it...is healthy when it's formed from facts.

09-29-08 05:38 PM
    you'll find a lot of folks on here just repeat what they've heard from others and really have no way to back it up with facts...i love agreeing to disagree, i love a debate, but you gotta be able to back it up with some hard evidence
    09-29-08 05:41 PM
    Hey, all you Conservative apologists, you all know that we would not have been in this situation in the first flippin' place if GW had been any kind of a leader and done something about the economy years ago. 'Nuff said.
    Yup. It's ENTIRELY one guy's fault. You know, GW is also responsible for hurricanes, floods, the plague, hangnails......thank God he's gone in a few more months.

Jesus Christ er, I mean, Barack Obama is gonna save us all. Hallelujah!!! He's the ONE, we've all been waiting for.
    09-29-08 05:51 PM
    OK...game on Mo-Fo!!!

It's difficult to understand your broken psyco-babble form of English...but this I think you said you thought I was cute and wanted my woody slipped into your freudian...or something??

Speaking of ol' Siggy...you are an arogant, egotestical, smart a$$ of a phalic symbol. Hey DoofMeister....look, there's a mirror! LOL

Was that pure Woody fashion enough for ya, sweetheart?

And just to prove you right, your a real PITA to communicate with and I think I'm gonna do my part as an adult (from now on)...to NOT respond to your typical BS blah blah blah statements.

But I bet you can't and won't do the same because I am a threat to you for some reason and you don't know how to keep them lips from flappin'!

(How am I doin' so far Mr. Funny Pants?)

Now prove me right and come back with some ignorant comment...you know you're gonna, you don't have the self control not to! It's kinda like you walking past a mirror...your vanity and conceit rule your thinking and you just have to look, because you have no control. But I'm gonna ruin all that for you right now....from now on when you look in a mirror DON'T think of my face (shaving cream & all) don't think about my face when you look in a mirror, any mirror! It's w00dy in my head when I look in a mirror! You see son...you won't be able to NOT think of me when you look in a mirror, from now on...that same way you won't be able to (practice what you preach) CONTROL yourselve from replying to this, watch!

LMAO, you better buy another round there cowboy! I think I've given you more than enough of my time and data useage, but do the letters F O mean anything to you?

Hey Dufus...LOOK it's a mirror! Have a nice time with those mirrors!!!

I just love making new friends! I am truly LMAO in pure unadulterated w00dy fashion!

Did I prove you right? Wait, you're not supposed to reply...but you have to because you have no self control! You're infatuated with me, that's why you think of me when you look in the mirror!

LOL...my face is gonna haunt Dufus for the rest of his life!

Ciao!!

09-29-08 05:51 PM
    ^^^ that's for hi def...it took a while to thumb out and I forgot to quote the Doofster!

09-29-08 05:54 PM
    OK...game on Mo-Fo!!!

It's difficult to understand your broken psyco-babble form of English...but this I think you said you thought I was cute and wanted my woody slipped into your freudian...or something??

Speaking of ol' Siggy...you are an arogant, egotestical, smart a$$ of a phalic symbol. Hey DoofMeister....look, there's a mirror! LOL

Was that pure Woody fashion enough for ya, sweetheart?

And just to prove you right, your a real PITA to communicate with and I think I'm gonna do my part as an adult (from now on)...to NOT respond to your typical BS blah blah blah statements.

But I bet you can't and won't do the same because I am a threat to you for some reason and you don't know how to keep them lips from flappin'!

(How am I doin' so far Mr. Funny Pants?)

Now prove me right and come back with some ignorant comment...you know you're gonna, you don't have the self control not to! It's kinda like you walking past a mirror...your vanity and conceit rule your thinking and you just have to look, because you have no control. But I'm gonna ruin all that for you right now....from now on when you look in a mirror DON'T think of my face (shaving cream & all) don't think about my face when you look in a mirror, any mirror! It's w00dy in my head when I look in a mirror! You see son...you won't be able to NOT think of me when you look in a mirror, from now on...that same way you won't be able to (practice what you preach) CONTROL yourselve from replying to this, watch!

LMAO, you better buy another round there cowboy! I think I've given you more than enough of my time and data useage, but do the letters F O mean anything to you?

Hey Dufus...LOOK it's a mirror! Have a nice time with those mirrors!!!

I just love making new friends! I am truly LMAO in pure unadulterated w00dy fashion!

Did I prove you right? Wait, you're not supposed to reply...but you have to because you have no self control! You're infatuated with me, that's why you think of me when you look in the mirror!

LOL...my face is gonna haunt Dufus for the rest of his life!

Ciao!!

Do you really have nothing better to do with your life? What the F is your problem? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending anyone here, but you really just showed everyone how ridiculous you really are. Thanks for sticking to the OP and making a personal public attack. Grow up.

And in regards to the OP, wasn't this whole "bail-out" crap Bush's idea? I think that is enough. The simple fact he's still trying to back away from the problems he's created just shows what he's really done to the economy.
    09-29-08 07:54 PM
    Wow woody.. Just wow.

Hi-def: +1

09-29-08 08:13 PM
    i can't believe woody typed all that in wapforums. Talk about a thumb ache.
    09-29-08 08:22 PM
    Haha! For real!

09-29-08 08:40 PM
    Well I guess it was a bit over the top and I should apologize for going OT on the thread here...I should have went with the PM option instead.

But I've tried to be civil with D and his response is always the same. He's been deliberately offensive to myself and others that don't agree with his politics or rambling philosophy. He's gone as far as copying a pic that I had posted, of myself, and using his cyber crayon to scribble a little Hitler mustache on it, then post it onto another thread. Not a huge deal, but childish and annoying nonetheless.

It's one thing to disagree but to personally attack people like he has, is simply not called for...I just gave him a taste of his own medicine. And by doing so I lowered myself to his standards...or lack thereof.

I don't apologized to D, but I do think that an apology is in order to the rest of the CB community, for my rant.

But if you look at a few posts before that, which D had posted...and some of his other posts to other members...you can see that D was instigating a flame...and he got one! And I'll do it again if need be...but I will take it to a direct level and leave the community out of it.

That's where I was wrong and I humbly apologize for that.

09-29-08 09:18 PM
    LOL....I guess it's just part of the addiction, you learn to ignore the pain!

09-29-08 09:25 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD