This is a long overdue, much needed thank you to the CrackBerry Nation.

In July of 2012, our first son, Keian, was diagnosed with T Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Here is the blog that we have kept during his fight:

Http://keiansjourney.blogspot.ca

The support from some of you during Keian's journey has been overwhelming and appreciated. Through the Kisses for Keian fundraiser last year, and the maintained contact from a small few, we have had the fighting chance to stay strong.

Two weeks from today, Keian will have reached 100 days post the bone marrow transplant donated by his little brother who turned one earlier this month. Keian's fight isn't over. For the next five years he still has a 50% chance of relapse and could also see the effects of the chemo and radiation he received. On top of this, he has seen Graft vs Host disease which can flare up at any time.

We've been through a lot and have learned to appreciate the little things. He had to give up our home and live in a 23 foot trailer in the Hospital parking lot for nearly 3 months. We're looking forward to being able to leave the area and finding our new home. I also hope to be able to get back to writing soon.

So for those of you who have stuck with us, thank you thank you thank you.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:24 AM
    This right here should be moved to a section where it will be more seen, and I shall do that. I hope your family the best and hope your son stays healthy. If you have a link to maybe a place people could donate to this, I'd suggest posting it up.
    06-29-13 11:50 AM
    Thanks Kristen. I more or less wanted to get the information out there as well as recognize the support so far.

Posted via CB10
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    06-29-13 02:13 PM
    Thanks Kristen. I more or less wanted to get the information out there as well as recognize the support so far.

Posted via CB10
    Autocorrect strikes again lol

Anyways always good to hear there have been people behind you in the beginning, and well I've added the blog to my bookmarks in my phone and on my pc to start following now. I couldn't imagine having to go through that with my daughter.

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    06-29-13 02:37 PM
    Prayers for your little one friend.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 04:57 PM
    Ryan-

Good to hear, as someone who isn't pro human baby in his own life, I always love to hear about a community that will help out. Especially in a community where many of us will never meet face to face, I have made many friends within the tech community and your post makes me happy to be part of the CB fam. Good luck to you, your kids, and your family, nothing but love brother!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    06-29-13 05:09 PM
    Good luck to your little one, your family and to you during this difficult time.

medicdon
    06-30-13 01:00 PM
    Wow this is hear wrenching, I cannot even begin to comprehend what you have gone through.
    Best wishes and prayers to you and your family.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 04:15 PM
    Good luck to you and best wishes. This is a remarkable story! Continued prayers for your family.
    06-30-13 04:46 PM
    My prayers to you and your family. Stay strong!!
    06-30-13 09:19 PM
    Ryan you have a wonderful family. I can't begin to imagine what you have gone through but I admire all of your strength and determination. I am not normally a religious person but you and your family have been in my prayers. #TeamKeian!
    07-07-13 10:15 PM
    This is the first I've heard of your family's hardships. It's stories like this that make all the little nuisances of life suddenly seem so.... little.

Thoughts and prayers to you all for a fast and full recovery for Keian.
    07-09-13 09:56 PM