So last night i'm Bar-b-queing in my backyard and my roommate asked if my BlackBerry ever deleted any of my call logs, SMS, or e-mails. I told him no, and he said he is losing them constantly. Knowing right away from the CrackBerry forums I visit everyday this was a memory issue. I checked the free file on his sprint pearl 8130 and he only had 6mg! I then went thru the basics of obtaining more device memory by deleting unused applications, the infamous BlackBerry sample video, all pictures on device memory, setting reserved picture memory to zero. After a good ol' battery pull the Berry was running a cool 19- 20 free file when done. I did not use desktop manager to do this as i was outside at a party. Needless to say if it wasn't for these forums, threads, and great posts, I would never had known to do this. I just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to these forums. This is by far the friendliest site I have ever been to. The information is accurate and has helped me completely understand my Berry. She is a running machine now! Keep up all the good work everyone, and thanks for everything...
    05-18-08 09:56 AM
    That's what friends are for.
    05-18-08 10:04 AM
    glad you could help your friend & that you love CB oh so much
    05-18-08 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD