it's Friday and the weekend is so close you can smell it!! anyone have any plans this weekend?
    09-03-10 10:09 AM
    Going to the number 4 rated burger joint in Cincinnati Ohio tomorrow night.

Then watching the Bearcats whoop on on who ever they are playing.

I don't smell the weekend i smell Fries and NCAA Football.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 10:30 AM
    Going to the number 4 rated burger joint in Cincinnati... I don't smell the weekend i smell Fries and NCAA Football.
    my favorite food is cheeseburger! i judge a restaurant by how good they're cheeseburgers are!

that's what weekends are supposed to smell like! unless my wife eats cabbage....totally different smelling weekend then!
    09-03-10 10:45 AM
    Having a few people over the house. I smell vodka.
    09-03-10 10:46 AM
    my favorite food is cheeseburger! i judge a restaurant by how good they're cheeseburgers are!

that's what weekends are supposed to smell like! unless my wife eats cabbage....totally different smelling weekend then!
    There is a local magazine called "Cincinnati Magazine", ironic right?!

Well anyway they visited ATON of local eateries and judged and voted on the top 40 burger joints here in the Miami Valley.

a group of us go once a month to visit the top five. Last months was a place called VanZandt's which was simply AMAZING burger.

"Once known as Budna Grill, VanZandt has quickly garnered a reputation for some solid pub and familiar comforts. Chef/Owner Chris Hoeweler - a former chef at Trio and a College Hill native - builds some burgers with well-seasoned beef procured from neighboring Humbert's Meats, imparts a good charbroiled flavor and servers them on a sturdy herbed bun or onion flecked foccacia. One of four designer options the VZ Classic comes draped in American Cheese and grilled onion with bacon, lettuce, and tomato."

This is number five on the top list of 40.

-map for location.
    http://bit.ly/bWbaef
    And this week is GasLight Cafe

from Cincinnati Magazine.

" the half-pound Gas Light Burger has a hand-shaped, drip-down-your-chin, char-grilled patty thats tucked in a cornmeal dusted bun and delivered "Happy Days" style in red plastic basket tasting for all the worlds like Dad's best backyard patio handiwork on a summers afternoon. You won't find fancy-schmancy toppings here, but this is a good, good GOOD burger"

- map
    http://bit.ly/9yfgH6

I'm super excited about next months, they had been #1 for a LONG time, but i've never been.

From Cincinnati Magazine

" Think of Terry's as "high drive" neon kitsch on the walls, peanuts on the floor, grease on the griddle in the air, and a bow-tied maitre d' to seat the madding crowd. Here the thick, free form patty on its toasted bun (so unwieldy they bring a knife to the table so you can cut it) starts at 7.50 and comes with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, bana peppers and American or Swiss. Beyond that swank accoutrements (foie gras, even) bump up with the tab. The burgundy wine reduction with mushrooms and truffles soaks into the mean in a way that truly edifying. It almost makes you forget the long, long wait. A bottle from their well-stocked Bevadors helps that too."

-map
    http://bit.ly/9miv7k
    Number Two

from Cincinnati Magazine

"The Big Ted Deluxe takes about 20 minutes from flatop to table top, so just kick back and wait. We promise it's worth it. Because inside that plastic basket, next to a bag of chips (Grippo's BBQ, please) sits a most worth treat: a hand-formed six ounce patty, direct from Ebert's Meat Market, so pleasantly seasoned that a peppery sensation lingers on your tongue. Paired with spicy brown mustard, mayo, ketchup, american cheese, onion, chopped iceberg, and tart pickles, it's a drippy, smooth, tangy, savory masterpiece on a light and fluffy Giminetti bun.

-map
    http://bit.ly/aMMBmD
    and what sounds like the all amazing number one

from Cincinnati Magazine

"this perfect architectural specimen of exceptionally thick and juicy grass fed beef (from 100 percent pasture raised cows) is seasoned and cooked with stakehouse skill and tucked into a glossy toasted pretzel bun that's neither to dense nor too soft and handles the meat juices without disintegrating. No tomatoes were harmed before their time-the cozy cafe follows the seasonal intentions of chef/owner Todd Hudson. It came with oily sun dried tomatoes, crackling strips of double smoked bacon, PERFECTLY melted provolone, and smear of mayonnaise spiked with herbs from Wildflower's garden. HOLY COW!

-map
    http://bit.ly/bqGcJf
    09-03-10 10:57 AM
    My Daughter has a soccer tournament. 1 game tomorrow, 2 on Sunday, and if they move on, 1 or 2 Monday (semis and finals).

I am tired already.

Oh, and I hope to start my Lost DVD rewatch this weekend with my daughter too. She's never seen it. Well, now 12 and was too young before.

I need a Guinness.
    09-03-10 11:35 AM
    Lobsters on Monday I think.
    09-03-10 12:55 PM
    Working all weekend.. Mixing chemicals (its what I do). At least I'll have Monday off.. Which will give me time to find that elusive fireside recording of Metallica's No Remorse by June Cleaver or Jimmy Bakker..

09-03-10 01:05 PM
    work today work tomarow sunday video games and monday machete
    09-03-10 08:59 PM
    Grill, go fishing, grill, go fishing. repeat several times.
    09-04-10 12:12 AM
    Ye good old $cientology raid is one way to mentally start off the morning, then head to the cafe down the street to get a good ice cap or head down to that place where busketers normally reside and busket ur brains out with music or rhythm.

09-04-10 03:30 AM
    2 words: Demolition Derby
    09-04-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD