poor example.... my cousin was murdered in 2001 Weapon of choice - softball/baseball bat... i want all baseball bats outlawed unless you are on a baseball field ..... i want all bath tubs and pools less than 6 inches deep, people of drown swimming.....i want all knives outlawed so many people have been killed by stabbings.... the list could go on... the government has no place to TELL me when i can and cannot use a phone. i'm telling you right now when my wife calls me to tell me she is in labor (any day now) and if i happen to be driving im picking up my phone to call EVERYONE that i know i'm going to be a daddy in a few hours as i'm driving to the hospital ...
    Then I just hope and pray for the sake of you and your family that while your making that phone call you don't lose concentration and kill someone yourself.
    10-19-09 11:51 AM
    Then I just hope and pray for the sake of you and your family that while your making that phone call you don't lose concentration and kill someone yourself.
    dont worry - it's called blue tooth with voice calling ....
    10-19-09 11:55 AM
    dont worry - it's called blue tooth with voice calling ....
    Ahhh! Now that is different! As I said in original post using hands free is legal and fine here in the UK - I use it myself! It's texting and emailing I don't like!!!

Good luck with the baby!!!
    10-19-09 11:59 AM
    I think police should not be allowed to use CB's (or phones and nextels) in police cars unless the car is stopped, transmission in park, parking break applied.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 01:33 PM
    i love texting and driving lol otherwise it'd be boring now for me
    10-19-09 01:49 PM
    Yea I love how the government makes decisions for you. You should be able to choose if you want to text,talk or wear your seatbelt. Its new world order starting its pretty scary. If you read the bible its says people will start to make choices for you.
    Ah yes one of my favorite parts of the bible is the chapter on the right to text, talk and ware or not ware a seat belt... The point is how many stupid drivers there are out there I find it almost too challenging to text via the keyboard of the tour unless I'm at like a red light. With apps out now allowing you to speak the message and have it translated to text why not just use that function and save your life and the dude you end up hitting's life in the process...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 02:18 PM
    It's sad that there's a thread on this... If you're stupid enough to think it's safe to text and drive, then you shouldn't be allowed to own a cellphone, let alone a car! These things always have a way of working themselves out though... As sad as it is. we had an 18 year old kid die around here after running his car into a hydro pole while texting. Thank God he didn't take anyone with him. I'm sure that text message was incredibly important though... Oh well. 1 less accident waiting to happen.
    10-19-09 02:38 PM
    Its all impaired driving whether its DUI or DWT(driving while txting) its unsafe.
    10-19-09 02:41 PM
    Its all impaired driving whether its DUI or DWT(driving while txting) its unsafe.
    Yeah... So people should quit looking at it as "There they go making more rules... Ruining our fun" They should be happy less people are texting, and ensuring a safer drive for everybody else. Now if we could get the drunks off the road. None of this 3 strikes crap...

You're drunk? Hope you enjoyed driving, because you'll be taking a cab to work from now until you're dead Give them a few months in prison too... See how many people stop driving drunk.
    10-19-09 02:50 PM
    Yeah... So people should quit looking at it as "There they go making more rules... Ruining our fun" They should be happy less people are texting, and ensuring a safer drive for everybody else. Now if we could get the drunks off the road. None of this 3 strikes crap...

You're drunk? Hope you enjoyed driving, because you'll be taking a cab to work from now until you're dead Give them a few months in prison too... See how many people stop driving drunk.
    dude, you and you Canadian (not said hatefully or in a malice tone of voice) can do what you guys what but i say "here in the state government is big enough don't give them more room".

If they ban Cell phone usage in cars because it is distracting then i want
    1) putting on make up - banned
    2) eating food - banned
    3) drinking any type of drink - banned
    4) any type of 3rd party audio device - banned
    5) all DVD players - banned
    6) GPS Units - Banned

there are way to many things that could "distract" one from driving. I will say that if you want to throw super high fines on people for doing it - fine. you screwed up - you pay the price. but to out right BAN them... that's stepping on my personal rights to do what i want when i want.

like i said in a previous statement i very very rarely SMS/MMS/browse while driving in my car. 1) i've got way to much $$$ invested to watch it go down the drain. 2) i've got a family to look out for 3) i don't want to hurt anyone else... so i'm not fighting the point of SMS behind the wheel is a kosher idea... i just don't like the fact of Uncle Sam dictating another outlet of my life.
    Last edited by mjneid; 10-19-09 at 03:08 PM.
    10-19-09 03:05 PM
    dude, you and you Canadian (not said hatefully or in a malice tone of voice) can do what you guys what but i say "here in the state government is big enough don't give them more room".

If they ban Cell phone usage in cars because it is distracting then i want
    1) putting on make up - banned
    2) eating food - banned
    3) drinking any type of drink - banned
    4) any type of 3rd party audio device - banned
    5) all DVD players - banned
    6) GPS Units - Banned

there are way to many things that could "distract" one from driving. I will say that if you want to throw super high fines on people for doing it - fine. you screwed up - you pay the price. but to out right BAN them... that's stepping on my personal rights to do what i want when i want.

like i said in a previous statement i very very rarely SMS/MMS/browse while driving in my car. 1) i've got way to much $$$ invested to watch it go down the drain. 2) i've got a family to look out for 3) i don't want to hurt anyone else... so i'm not fighting the point of SMS behind the wheel is a kosher idea... i just don't like the fact of Uncle Sam dictating another outlet of my life.
    I agree that most things shouldn't be allowed while driving. There's a bit of a difference between taking a sip of your pop or looking at a little screen and concentrating on what to say. Or looking in the mirror trying to make yourself look pretty for work... Ladies.... I don't know. I always wanted to buy a motorcylce... But with the way people drive around here. I'd be dead in a year at somebody elses fault. The roads should be as safe as we can make them.
    10-19-09 03:12 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD