02-18-11 09:16 AM
245 ... 78910
tools
    I'm not addicted

All but about twenty minutes of the duration has been spent on CrackBerry.com. As I write this, it's now been 3:12:45.
    Cool theme on your BB. Where did you get that from? I don't have a BB yet but will on the 12th. Just wanted to know... Thanks!
    07-05-09 08:04 PM
    I am never without my Bold. It goes where ever I go. It is rarely out of my sight for more than 15 seconds at a time. When I am at my computer - it is next to me - like right now - just waiting for me to touch it again.

I just have to touch it!

Peace...
    07-07-09 02:22 AM
    Hmm, I'm scared to even post my story because I'd like to think of myself as somewhat "normal", and by sharing my feelings towards my blackberry on this site will only save it for posterity, but here goes... (I figure that if even ONE person out there nods their head when reading my story, with a deep feeling of empathy and understanding...then it's all worth it !!!).

So it's not that I have "one" instance of obsession, but every minute of every waking hour seems to be some homage to my addiction...lets see...does anyone else here sometimes find themselves just holding their bb of choice, and without even pressing down, just find their thumbs always absently scrolling their trackball...the feeling of the rolling underneath their thumbs a strange comfort? Do you sometimes fidget with your bb...re-reading messages and texts that you've read before for no apparent reason but to just be interacting with the thing??? It's the first thing you look at in the morning and the last thing you see before bed...sometimes waking up in the middle of the night (maybe a dream woke you up, who knows) and your first instinct is to look for a red blinking thing on your bedside table??? Is any of this sounding familiar?

I sit at work on my computer, and I probably glance at my bb atleast once every few minutes. Even if there are no messages blinking, I still press a button to see the screen come alive and to admire the menu...

I ponder sometimes what exactly it IS about this thing that I so adore... I'd like to think that I have functioned perfectly well ever before I purchased my first blackberry (this is my third). My friend asked me last week (she has no interest in bb's or smartphones of any sort) what it was EXACTLY that I loved so much about my blackberry. I had a flood of reasons come to my mind (you know, the form factor-so cute, the unbelievable reliability of the device, the push email, etc...), but in trying to pinpoint the most poignant one, I kinda became quiet. I actually needed a moment to give her a really honest response. And here it is:

I said to her, "You know Laura, I think the reason why I love my blackberry so much is because ever since I've gotten this thing, it's made it so much easier to keep in touch with all of the people that I care about the most". And that's the truth. At the end of the day, what does my blackberry do for me? Keeps me in perfect contact, whether through lightning fast emails, texts (made pleasurable with the Curve's awesome keyboard), Messenger or through PIN #'s with my most important people-family and friends.

So I guess when I say that I'm addicted to my blackberry, it's another way of saying that I'm addicted to my people! Ha ha ha!

Cheers everyone, and cherish your bb!

umm, Ditto. Especially the part about rolling the ball and re-reading messages. I used to be uneasy about how much I loved my blackberry, now I know I'm not crazy, other people feel this way
    07-10-09 09:38 PM
    I actually found myself tearing up when I read incognito.girly's post.... I feel the same about my blacberry's....
    07-18-09 12:26 PM
    I can't live without my BB. I'm so naked if I'm not with it any second of my living day. I even ran a marathon with it!
    07-19-09 08:33 PM
    My bb has its own pillow on my king size bed- I have issues :|

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 06:36 PM
    Mine is simple its either crackberry or drugs i pick crackberry
    07-29-09 06:59 PM
    I just received my Blackberry Tour a couple of days ago with Sprint...I came from Windows Mobile HOWEVER, I can NOT put this thing down.

I can see a real bad addiction forthcoming...I was in a local bar the other night for happy hour with all the buds. Well, when I whipped out my Tour EVERYONE wanted to see it. I held it so close to me that one of my buds made a comment about me acting like that little greedy guy on Lord of The Rings. He said I was protecting my phone like it was that freaking ring!

I already made up my mind that NOBODY is going to get their "grubby" little mitts on my beloved device! It's starting to get so bad that I instinctively grab for this thing INSTINCTIVELY knowing there is going to be a text/email/call coming through and sure enough...a couple seconds later BLAM!!! Their is one...did I say how much I love this thing??????
    08-06-09 08:35 PM
    I swear I heard the phone ring just now, it did not, lol

08-09-09 03:18 PM
    I just purchased a new case, housing, and trackball, because my screen is scratched... lol
    08-09-09 11:52 PM
    I used to have a Tmo 8320. GREAT PHONE! Best phone I had used to date! The housing/trackball were getting worn (scratches, lint, dust, etc) so I decided I would take it apart and replace the housing and ball with a red one from AT&T. It felt like a brand new phone!

A week later, I was having a few adult beverages and spilled my drink all over the BB! I about died! I spent HOURS taking the phone back apart and trying to clean it.. with Q-Tips!!! Sadly, the Red Bull in my drink and gummed up the buttons to the point where half of them stopped working.

So what did I do? I went out the next day and bought an 8900! Even better than my 8320!
    08-10-09 03:51 PM
    who gets addicted to these things? im not, no really, Im not.....i promise....nope not me,. Im not addicted at all....(shaking uncontrolably) not me..........NO...please not me....YES ME.......

BLACKBERRY 4 LIFE
    08-11-09 11:02 PM
    who gets addicted to these things? im not, no really, Im not.....i promise....nope not me,. Im not addicted at all....(shaking uncontrolably) not me..........NO...please not me....YES ME.......

BLACKBERRY 4 LIFE
    that was kinda corny lol
    08-18-09 09:58 PM
    I don't even have a bb and I'm addicted. that alone should say something about how much I'm addicted
    08-20-09 08:56 AM
    I Am Not Addicted To My Crackberry!!!
    08-20-09 09:12 AM
    So... Not sure if I'm addicted or just psychotic and obsessed. Like I've stated elsewhere I only use my hip clip if holding my BB is hazardous to her health. I put up a clear shower curtain because I spent too much time checking on her. I tell people I "forgot" to send back my replacement phone when I really couldn't part with my very first crackberry. I'm trying to find a reason to tell my friend she needs to go pre-paid or simply get a contract so I can put another BB on that line for myself. I really like the idea of laying in bed while I recover with 2 BB's in case my messenger goes quiet or I just want to watch the lights blink. I've waken up in the middle of the night hoping my BB isn't hot. I walked into Verizon to look at the Tour and after holding it that's when I decided to use my other line because Kiraberry was jealous (my Storm). When the next Storm comes out I'm thinking of starting a hall of BB (in my walk in of course) because its obvious I'm in love but just a little gone. By the way.. If I ever get married will it be considered polygamy?!

08-22-09 11:58 AM
    So... Not sure if I'm addicted or just psychotic and obsessed. Like I've stated elsewhere I only use my hip clip if holding my BB is hazardous to her health. I put up a clear shower curtain because I spent too much time checking on her. I tell people I "forgot" to send back my replacement phone when I really couldn't part with my very first crackberry. I'm trying to find a reason to tell my friend she needs to go pre-paid or simply get a contract so I can put another BB on that line for myself. I really like the idea of laying in bed while I recover with 2 BB's in case my messenger goes quiet or I just want to watch the lights blink. I've waken up in the middle of the night hoping my BB isn't hot. I walked into Verizon to look at the Tour and after holding it that's when I decided to use my other line because Kiraberry was jealous (my Storm). When the next Storm comes out I'm thinking of starting a hall of BB (in my walk in of course) because its obvious I'm in love but just a little gone. By the way.. If I ever get married will it be considered polygamy?!

Dude I have to say.. WOW in a good way!!
    08-23-09 01:56 PM
    I don't even have a bb and I'm addicted. that alone should say something about how much I'm addicted
    LOL, yeap just think IF you had one how Much More addicted you would be then
    08-31-09 06:42 AM
    In the morning, I tend to reach for the crackberry before the wife...
    09-01-09 07:15 PM
    im getting really bad now lol, in every job interview i have to ask thier cell phone policy and if no phones then its not the job for me haha. I HAVE to be able to have my bb available to me @ all times. Im the person who checks for service before going away, ive got 3 kinds of chargers so im never gonna die haha
    Last edited by liz-dub; 09-02-09 at 01:00 PM. Reason: apparently cannot spell easy english words
    09-02-09 12:58 PM
    in may i got my first blackberry. a pearl flip. even WITHOUT data plan, i've found myself constantly texting and sometimes i'll play with the settings just to be using it! on long car rides i fall into a daze while using it and wonder how in the **** we've already traveled 250 miles!
    09-12-09 06:47 PM
    In the morning, I tend to reach for the crackberry before the wife...
    haha you win
    09-12-09 06:53 PM
    I used to have a Tmo 8320. GREAT PHONE! Best phone I had used to date! The housing/trackball were getting worn (scratches, lint, dust, etc) so I decided I would take it apart and replace the housing and ball with a red one from AT&T. It felt like a brand new phone!

A week later, I was having a few adult beverages and spilled my drink all over the BB! I about died! I spent HOURS taking the phone back apart and trying to clean it.. with Q-Tips!!! Sadly, the Red Bull in my drink and gummed up the buttons to the point where half of them stopped working.

So what did I do? I went out the next day and bought an 8900! Even better than my 8320!
    YESS!!! I also went from a 8320 (great phone!) To an 8900! Which is a complete masterpeice! Haha

09-14-09 02:14 AM
    I am not an addict
    I am not an addict
    I am not an addict
    I am not an addict
    I am not an addict

09-14-09 04:05 AM
    So like the addict I am I seem to just add line after line after line on my sprint account... 5 lines, all staggered out, all so i can get a new blackberry every year... ha... my friends must be annoyed with little ol' me and my 5 different numbers.... Considering sharing my addiction like a dirty needle and "renting" out my lines to all my friends so they can become addicts too.
    Crackberry Life forever!!!
    09-16-09 11:15 AM
245 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD