02-18-11 09:16 AM
245 ... 56789 ...
tools
    My friend at uni influenced me. As soon as I saw her with a Blackberry, I immediately went and bought one the next day.

Can't stop holding it and molesting it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 06:51 PM
    Haha I just got a curve on friday (I know I said I was getting a bold but changed my mind) and I feel the same way. It's...precious to me. *holds it close*

It's just way too easy to talk to people on a crackberry. I have every form of communication setup on mine and I'm always talking to people whether I'm watching a movie or out shopping.

Waaay too addicting.
    11-30-08 06:55 PM
    Addicted? **** no! It's perfectly normal that before I get out of bed in the morning I reach for my BB. It's also normal for my BB to be the last thing I see at night, right? I mean, everyone does it, don't they?

Like for real, doesn't everyone plug in their blackberry at night and sleep with it beside their head? Ok, yes I'm single....and sleeping with my BB may not be completely "user friendly" for future relationships but the way I see it is, love me - love my BB. I hope.

Anyway, I'm not addicted. I need it...for work and.....stuff.
    12-02-08 03:36 PM
    I purchased my first BlackBerry in September of 2006, it was the 7130e. I set up a couple of email accounts on it, bought all the available accessories and began to love it like it was a child. Good thing that it wasn't a child because it was dropped on several occassions on driveways, porches and parking lots. Yeah, nothing ever soft like carpet or cotton.

It was all beat up and bruised and I was trying to lower my cell phone cost so I decided to get another phone, the wonderful Samsung U740. It was so awful that I said screw the extra $45 and went back to my 7130e. I felt like I was home again.

Again, she was beat up but I loved her, so I decided to replace her with the same model that I found on eBay for $35. Horrible for seller but the phone was in great shape. I still couldn't part with my first love and placed her in her box for safe keeping.

Well then I decided to act brand new and I began searching for an 8830 World Edition Phone. So sleek and silverlicious. I travel out of the country at least once per year and I liked the idea of being able to use data features abroad and again the device is beautiful. So I found another great find on eBay for $80. The device was in excellent condition, not a scratch or nick on it. That is until I dropped on concrete and got a small dent on the lower right hand corner. Not even noticeable but I notice it. I should purchased the skin for her but I didn't even know they existed. Now she is in her box along with two extra batteries, a charging/sync pod, and leather sleeve. I would pack up the car charger too but I need it to charge my Garmin. And the data cable is used to sync my Fuji to my computers.

So after the 8830 I decided to go big time, that's right the BlackBerry Storm. I had several peers from work join my 2008 BlackBerry Storm watch. We were up til 3 a.m. checking the VZW web site to see when we could order the phone. At 3 a.m. EST it was available. I am still waiting for the device that I ordered through my upgrade, but I had a backup plan. My father (bless is heart) worked a 12 hour shift that went from 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. And because his little girl just had to have it, he waited in line for an hour before the store in Easley, SC opened. He got device number 17 out of the 19 that the store had available. He was able to use his upgrade and shipped the phone to me the next day. I have the skin, the leather case, screen protector, car charger and charging pod for my new baby. If I drop her all sides of her perfect little body will be protected. If her software acts a fool, thank goodness for the 1 yr. manufacturer warranty and insurance.
    12-05-08 11:59 PM
    Addicted? **** no! It's perfectly normal that before I get out of bed in the morning I reach for my BB. It's also normal for my BB to be the last thing I see at night, right? I mean, everyone does it, don't they?

Like for real, doesn't everyone plug in their blackberry at night and sleep with it beside their head? Ok, yes I'm single....and sleeping with my BB may not be completely "user friendly" for future relationships but the way I see it is, love me - love my BB. I hope.

I understand your pain and I have to offer you my deepest sympathies. My device wakes me up in the morning with a soft "ding" making me aware that I have my first message. I had to ween myself off of texting while driving, it was a horrible habit and I now consider myself recovered. I have turned off all other indicator lights except for the one that lets me know I have a new message. I use visual voicemail because I like the fact that she shows me my messages and allows me to pick and choose what message I want to listen to first. Every night I remove her from her precious skin and I place her into her charging pod. In the morning I take her out of the pod and place her back into her skin. Her black/silver coloring goes well with the Motorola H695 bluetooth. Sometimes they have compatibility issues, but I know that they will work it out and we will all be one big happy family. As far as relationships go, my BlackBerrys have been the longest relations I have ever had. I would never choose a man over my BlackBerry. Or my dogs.
    12-06-08 12:08 AM
    ok semi fiction/non fiction

I walked into work my very first job as a IT professional and what was my first issue as a support technician..

A blackberry dropped on my desk with a note that said email not working. Keep in mind this is many years ago and I had never seen or heard of a blackberry previous to this.

so not knowing anything about it I call up the service provider and starting going face to face with the beast that I have grown to love. It was over 2.5 hours of talking on the phone before I had that thing running again with email coming in. The service was nowhere near what it is today. From that day forward I swore to myself that I would never own one of these piece of garbage crap devices. Years went by of me troubleshooting these things problems coming in from all angles. There was also many pocket pc problems as well.

This was my first job out of college and I couldn't understand why these people insisted that they had blackberry's with all the problems. Little did I know that when you have 4,000 employees in a company that problems come in from EVERYTHING no matter who made it. Then time goes by and I start really figuring out how these things work for the most part and as they improved it seemed more and more amazing. I wanted one myself so bad but it was never approved for a simple IT man to have a company blackberry we just need a cellphone that aloud text messages so that the servers could send us messages telling us that they were up.

I wouldn't dare get one out of my own pocket because the plan's were rediculously priced even cell phone plans weren't cheap. I had every mobile phone ever invented it seems.

This includes the early garage door opener looking ones big old candy bar phone with big circle buttons and some crappy led screen. Then digital came out PRIMECO

PHONE CALL: YO MAN GO OVER AND TALK ON THIS PRIMECO PHONE AT RADIO SHACK MAN ITS AMAZING SO CLEAR GO CHECK IT. (anyone who remembers cell phones at that time remember how hard primeco hit.. for the newbies its now verizon)

then a few years went by and nokia hit the market hard we I owned so many nokia phones it was sick no clue why I had so many they all had the same dang OS on it once in a while the free game that came on it would change which btw I LOVED SNAKE on that..

Then some lg phones went through a bunch of those... ok time to skip ahead..

FINALLY a smartphone running microsoft mobile it was a flip phone too!
    I purchased it was a verizon phone got it home charged it up turned it on played with it. (UMM THIS PHONE BLOWS) slam in back into the packaging and return it

back to lg/motorola

never owned and used a smartphone for personal use until 6 months after the iPhone came out and I decided to finally cave in and check one out..

it was great to finally have something so cool.. (yes there is alot of haters but media and the picture features on it were truly a ton of fun, I will never forget puting in the hands of a few people who have hardly ever using a computer, and told them to just flick through the pictures of my niece)

But being in IT I have seen just how great BB's were and always wanted one but the data plan was never reasonable and to me no data no need for a smartphone EOS.

then verizon anounces 29.00 plan for blackberrys (a while ago) and I start thinking about getting one. However coming from the iPhone I was a bit spoiled with the internet so obviously I wasn't interested in jumping into a curve or anything(these are great devices and the bold was a thought as well, but this is for personal use so I def wanted some fun factor)

During the whole though process I ran across a early video of "the storm" from that point on it was night and day losing sleep trying to find every inch about the dang thing that I could sad thing is 70 percent of information on the internet was pure speculation for months..

this is were the addiction started before I even owned it I was addicted. Now that I own it I realize it actually just changed the format of my addiction. Instead of sitting in front of my computer (addicted) I am now walking away from said computer and doing many other things and still having most of what I did there with me. So in the end DID buying the BB really get me addicted or is it like a way of partially curing a already made addiction..

its one of those either im rehabbed or im having a relapse..

you choose

now the real thing is how many of you will actually read all of it haha
    12-06-08 02:27 AM
    Haha I just got a curve on friday (I know I said I was getting a bold but changed my mind) and I feel the same way. It's...precious to me. *holds it close*

It's just way too easy to talk to people on a crackberry. I have every form of communication setup on mine and I'm always talking to people whether I'm watching a movie or out shopping.

Waaay too addicting.
    You had me at "precious to me" LOL! Well i used a 7520 for a couple years. Then lost my frickin mind and used JUST a cell phone...yikes! Then I used a Windows Mobile device...OMG I will NEVER make that mistake again! My 8310 is always with me. I actually looked at the Bold. Didn't like the feel or the form. I am a Curve guy 4eva...will just keep buying them.
    12-14-08 09:51 PM
    Wow - I thought I had it bad until I read some of these stories!!!

My biggest problem is that I can't go ANYWHERE without it! We're talking.... bathroom, laundry room, living room, kitchen - various places at work.... it has it's own spot in the car....

When someone says, "hey cool phone, can i see it"... I feel like a mother feels when someone asks to see her newborn child - VERY hesitant and practically a nervous wreck the whole time they're checking it out. They don't know what a BB is like, what if they accidentally move an icon? What if they press a hot key? It's just too much!

Anyone ever hit a button when it's "sleeping" just to make sure everything is ok? My fav. "just checkin' on ya, my precious little BB button" is the back button - don't know why... just the one I always tap!!
    12-16-08 12:07 PM
    Ok, so I have recently purchased the new blackberry for verizon wireless. I have maybe had the phone for 3-4 month's and I think I might have a case of the "crackberry addiction". I've been texting 24/7 for the past 3 months answering e-mails, instant messages and blackberry messanger. I literally use the thing from morning till the battery dies which is usually around like midnight. People tell me I'm on the thing every second they see me (which I am). When people ask to borrow my phone for maybe 10 minutes wheather there sending a text or playing a game on it, I feel almost lost as if somethings missing in my life. Yeah this is pretty sad that I'm addicted to a sick toy like this but idk how to help it. Dates texting 24/7 and I can't even have a conversation with someone without re-plying to an e-mail or text. Anyone wanna share there stories with me or tell me what I should do? E-mail me at dylanlasorsa@vzw.blackberry.net

P.S. I'm typing this message to you guys on my phone!
    12-18-08 02:47 PM
    I've had mine for 5 months now, but the first bad sign was that I bought mine quite impulsively. At the Verizon store, I initially told the customer rep I just needed a basic cell phone, no camera or anything fancy. And then I uttered four fateful words before unexpectedly taking the crackberry plunge, "Just out of curiousity...." I was putty in the rep's hands. Besides the Curve, I purchased a number of "highly recommended" accessories. I actually had to remind the rep at the end about also wanting a bluetooth! I walked out of the store quite a while later, poorer, dazed and confused, but full of happy emotions.

I love having it, especially at work, where I finally feel free from BigBrother IT - among the various otherwise "restricted sites", I now have easy access to Facebook, another favorite addiction. The biggest compulsive behavior so far involved BrickBreaker, which was sucking up way too much time that I didn't have to spare, at home as well as work. I finally had to delete the app completely before I turned into a BB zombie.

Just the other day I updated the OS and now have the capability to watch NBC's The Office right there in my cubicle at work (a privacy screen has definitely been a worthwhile thing for me - thank you, Verizon rep).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 08:36 PM
    I wrote a post in another in the 83XX forum about six months ago. I don't want to repost so here is the link to it....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bla...my-life-52852/
    12-21-08 01:20 AM
    Ok...so I've had my bb for almost 2 weeks and I'm already getting the jabs from family and friends about my constant attentiveness to the most recent technology wonder of the world. I am constantly amazed at all my bb can do. From the push tech to instantly receive and send e-mail, to weather and maps on demand to yes games while I am in between things. They call it an addiction. I say they are just jealous.
    12-31-08 12:37 AM
    At last, a place to come clean!! I guess it all started when I came for a job interview in the UK and they hired me on the spot but before allowing me to go home to sell up and shoot my dog (joking my ex kept him!) they handed me a laptop and...yes my very first and shiny 8830!!! My boss told me if I wasn't addicted to it by the time I came back then I wasn't doing my job.

I played with it non stop and whilst closing down my life in Spain I received hundreds of mails from my new company....none to me except a few from my boss but tons from HR and the office manager etc. I began to set reminders and type my very first emails. I navigated the menu and felt a sexual thrill when the nerves in my thumb worked that track ball like a tiny robotic nipple!

By the time I got back to England I was hooked! And as my boss picked me up from the airport and drove me home at 100 mph while typing e mails in his Masserati (never seen knees drive like that) I thought to myself "I am in the right place". The following months were a blur and as I was introduced to BB messenger it became inseparable from my right hand. As we are an international company OUR clients mail 24 hours a day (as well as my crazy boss sending 20 emails at 3 am) and I would wake up in the middle of the night to answer an e mail and then go back to sleep until I simply would wake up with my BB in my hand!!

A doomed moment came, it is what I learned in psychology to be an SEI (significant emotional event), John our Big Bro IT manager was given the order to shut down messenger…how could they the BASTARDS! I spent the next few weeks in a semi conscious state alive but not quite. I wanted to hate John for what he had done to me although I knew it was his job and then I knew what had to be done. After getting off shift I ran crying and nervous to downtown Nottingham. I spoke to several providers correcting them on tech info (I also have an addiction to crackberry.com and so am very informed about everything from the latest OS to the niftiest of holsters) I finally decided on a risky Storm as my companion. I immediately sent my pin to all my friends and…….my boss! I even relish going back to my Curve to type business e mails as I do miss her feeling (she feels so good in my hands).

I now stop mid sentence when I hear or feel a vibration or see a red LED flashing out the corner of my eye while trying to converse with someone and not break eye contact. I check it under the table at meals and I swear I pick it up BEFORE it rings. I surf the net on my storm at every available instant and forget that not everyone has push mail and become annoyed when I do not receive an instant reply to my mails. I BB message my friends (don’t even really talk to those who don't own one) and when we get together at the pub it is not uncommon for all of us to be maintaining a normal conversation while individually maintaining BB messenger conversations (yes plural) with crackberry heads on several continents, oh and answering our clients at 2 AM in the middle of the dance floor!! Before anyone asks I do not stop in the middle of sex but DO take notice of the buzzzzzzz buzzzzzz and make a mental note to check it as soon as I finish!!

My name is Ocie...and I am a Crackberry addict.
    Last edited by torrejonboy; 01-09-09 at 11:17 PM. Reason: I added some facts that I had hidden in my shame!
    01-09-09 08:47 PM
    WOWWWWW!!!

I REALLY feel like I am at HOME, these stories and testimonials, REALLY make me feel better about myself, because I thought I was the ONLY person in the WORLD addicted to their BB!!!

I pretty much do EVERYTHING that EVERYONE just spoke about...LMAO...LUV U GALS & GUYS already!!!
    01-09-09 10:26 PM
    WOWWWWW!!!

I REALLY feel like I am at HOME, these stories and testimonials, REALLY make me feel better about myself, because I thought I was the ONLY person in the WORLD addicted to their BB!!!

I pretty much do EVERYTHING that EVERYONE just spoke about...LMAO...LUV U GALS & GUYS already!!!
    OH YEAH....

My name is DEEZ and I too am a Crackberry Addict!!!
    01-09-09 10:27 PM
    i just got my first BB Pearl last week and it took all of like 30 min before i was addicted. A little confused by it at first because well i went from a basic LG phone to it and well I am glad I switched. I love to see what new apps are out there and constantly check for emails and texts. I look for any reason to use it! I check the weather just to use my phone. STRAIGHT UP ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!! And loving every minute!
    01-10-09 11:02 PM
    so heres my story, the 2 days after i had my berry
    So i dreamed that i woke up and checked my blackberry, going to my facebook app, responding to BBM, and checking my mail, but guess what it happened 3 straight times. I dreamed that i checked my blackberry 3 times. and when i woke up i was like im pretty sure i checked my bb, when in fact >.<.

ok 3 dreams about checking your blackberry in a row before you wake up in the morning, is ADDICTION lol
    01-11-09 06:20 PM
    I know I've been addicted for the last two years because lately when I use the computer, I type in short hand and expect "auto text" to change what I typed. I have to constantly backspace and fix my shiz. Haha!
    01-12-09 11:56 PM
    Ok first blackberry i ever had was a 8700 i believe which seems so so so long ago, i had it for 3 days and left it in italy. Of all freaking places. didnt realize till the plane took off and i almost had a heart attack. Waited for awhile and got a pearl, the stupidest thing RIM ever created. It would shut off randomly and make calls with out my permission, i swear the thing had a mind of its own. I exchanged it for a new one and it had the same problems. went to a 8300 the day before the storm was released. I also had that for 3 days and it fell out of my hands while trying to take a picture at Niagara Falls. And it fell a long way. Now i have my storm after dishing out the full 500 for the phone. I just just decided not to take it with me when i go on vacations
    01-15-09 09:04 PM
    So Jordan - Are you related to my daughter?? HA!
    01-16-09 05:53 PM
    [QUOTE=JustCheeky;1194312]

When someone says, "hey cool phone, can i see it"... I feel like a mother feels when someone asks to see her newborn child - VERY hesitant and practically a nervous wreck the whole time they're checking it out. They don't know what a BB is like, what if they accidentally move an icon? What if they press a hot key? It's just too much!
    QUOTE]

LMAO - Excellent
    01-30-09 01:01 AM
    OMG I finally found people who truly know exactly why I caress my little red pearl, cradle it in my hand, gaze blissfully at it for HOURS typing, surfing, emailing, messaging!

It all started in October when I wanted an mp3 player. And I never liked my flip phone, I wanted a new one of those. My boss had gone on vacation in June and I had covered for her, so I was a wee bit familiar with a crackberry but hers was "huge" and oh-so-devoid of personalization. Little did I know back then.

It was now mid-November and there I was, still dutifully researching, when it gradually occurred to me that it would be another device to stuff in my purse or pocket, another device to worry might be getting scratched up, more cables / manuals / software, etc. I texted a fair bit but wasn't a big fan of surfing the net on my flip phone so didn't even have a data plan. I knew I wanted a phone that was more than what I thought I needed now and ultimately would be all the fun gadgets rolled into one; mp3, gps, fun fun fun. So I was browsing the AT&T website making the leap from checking the flip phone box to the PDA/SmartPhone box. And there SHE was ... the prettiest sleekest cranberry-red pearl. I was in love and I hadn't even touched one!

The day after Thanksgiving found me at the mall in a city 45 minutes from home and as luck would have it, the kiosk was running a manager's special ... $100 off any crackberry on Black Friday! I saw that sign and almost hyperventilated I was so excited. It was almost the happiest moment of my life getting back to the car, holding that red gem, going through the setup screens. I say almost because the heady rush I received when the texts and emails and IM's began to flow was beyond blissful.

That little Red Racer goes everywhere with me, dressed in a skin and screen protector. If she's quiet for five minutes or so, I check on her, gently wake her up. I'm pretty sure I've gone a little nuts over this beauty but I just can't help myself! Friends and family threatened an intervention until I put it in their hands and let them "try it out" ... BwaHaHaHaHa!
    01-30-09 11:22 AM
    I couldnt really understand the whole hype with the bb everyone was having .. til i got my own! OMG, now I have to it w/me 24/7, always typing, texting, BBM and everything else you could possibly do with this phone. My friends tell me i'm in need of BB Anonymous or an intervention lol

i <3 my bb
    02-08-09 10:17 PM
    i just got my blackberry in december and i was so hyped up to get it. Before it, i had a wack flip one. I upgraded after a year and got my Blackberry Curve and i've been addicted ever since.
    02-09-09 12:52 AM

haha ii do the same. even when my b/f sleeps over or vice versa my Berry is beside me, hes basically the same with his phone tho so it works lolz.
    02-10-09 03:51 PM
245 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD