02-18-11 09:16 AM
245 ... 45678 ...
    ok so I know I am and addict !!!!!!
    I have two curves (i call them my twins)
    any who i am on my bb so much that my family took a tip wich was 3hrs to get there and i was on my bb the whole way there
    i sleep witht hem right nest to me on the bed (on the night stand) with in arms reach they come with me to the bathroom
    i bought some more pjs with pockets so i can carry them around in
    i have also fallen asleep with one of them in my hands and didnt drop it
    i had to get one of the bb fixed and i was at the vz store paceing around like i was waiting for a family member to come out of opperation ........
    so yes i dont know how id function now with out atlest one of them by my side
    08-12-08 01:16 PM
    As I said earlier, Hi I'm Tim and I'm a Crackberry Addict.

I had been using Windows Mobile phones and after discovering Crackberry, I began thinking about trying a BB. I had to switch my carrier after moving to the country and that also started me looking. What follows is the story of my travel down the Crackberry path:

I could no longer resist the urges to try the Crackberry so I ordered online and found myself already doing what I never do.....I selected overnight shipping. The omen of what was to come and my subsequent addiction should have been apparent, but it wasn't. I was blinded by visions of Zen Dimension.

Later that day I received an email from AT&T stating the Curve had been shipped. I began tracking it and tracking it and stealing moments on the web to see the progress of my new lifestyle as it sped towards me. That evening, I asked my neighbor to sign if a delivery signature was needed and the next day I left a note on the door for UPS.

At lunch I was tracking the package and saw it had been left on the carport. I was contemplating of leaving work, faking a seizure or something as I could hear it calling me. Tim...Tim....Tim....I'm for you, I'm your Crackberry.....Yes, it was already becoming a part of me, like the Borg, we were assimilating each other.

My girlfriend called and became aggravated in that I seemed distractred and everyone now and then she would say, "Are you listening to me?" How could I be listening to her, I could hear the voice of the Curve and my eyes were on the Crackberry site, rereading the sections on freeing up memory and upgrading you OS foor I had already, in anticipation of the honeymoon, installed DM 4.5, Crackmem and beta os installed on my PC and awaiting the moment.

The moment came, I arrived home, got the package, did the activation and everything worked perfectly! Before installing any software or my media card and within 1 hour of unboxing my Curve, the honeymoon began. I gently attached it to my PC and followed the Crackberry instructions and upgraded the OS. It worked! I spent the night playing with my BB and the next day went to work where I found a friend who had just gotten a Curve. We exchanged PINs and I, like a true addict, gave him the link to Crackberry.com. Not only am I now an addict, I have become a candyman...or more appropriately a berryman enticing others with my addiction.

Now the true test of the BB. I walked down the road where the facility monitoring gravitational ripples and experimenting in the space time continuum is located to see if I would get a signal! I did!

I'm now happily addicted and the girlfriend is mad. She thinks I care more for my BB than her....She is perceptive, isn't she?

I will close now as my Curve and I have plans today, a trip to WalMart, some yardwork and maybe a candlelit dinner after upgrading to .69

I almost forgot. The part about the facility is true. You can check the website by Googling Livingston LIGO Observatory I live within the V of the 5 mile antenna which is a tube that looks big enough to drive a car through.

Thank you Crackberry!
    08-16-08 10:02 AM
    I was at my mom's house this weekend. her house is very modern and there is this balcony with a ledge on the 2nd floor that looks out over the living room. i had put my bb on the ledge.... then my mom came over and said "ooops i accidentally knocked your bb off!!" of course i started yelling. then she says "just kidding." needless to say, i did not find it very amusing.
    08-21-08 06:10 PM
    I had a nightmare last night and dreamt my BB fell in some water. I woke up almost shaking and wondering what I would do if that ever happens. I take Rapheal (name of BB) with me everywhere I go.

I think about it, but do manage to put him away when I'm work only because I can check my emails lol lol

As soon as it's lunch time we go out and enjoy the weather. It's becoming hard for me to maintain conversations with people because I keep checking my BB. A conversation will start and I have to interrupt it because I have to check my BB and if there is a message respond.

Don't know how I'm going to curb this ???
    08-22-08 08:43 AM
    I was at my mom's house this weekend. her house is very modern and there is this balcony with a ledge on the 2nd floor that looks out over the living room. i had put my bb on the ledge.... then my mom came over and said "ooops i accidentally knocked your bb off!!" of course i started yelling. then she says "just kidding." needless to say, i did not find it very amusing.
    My house has the same balcony feature! It's pretty fun to throw things at the people down below while they are watching tv!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 02:39 AM
    Well I always saw Blackberries as kind of a Business type of phone so i never saw the need for it and as i started getting more involved in different things, the need/desire for a smart phone started. I looked into several different models and immediately ruled out the BB...I thought it wasn't cool enough. I had narrowed my choices down to a Blackjack, a Tmo Dash and an HTC wing (I know, bad choices but i hadn't seen the light yet) I came back home from finishing up school out of state and i was determined to save money and buy one of those phones...i went to the Tmo store and checked the phones out and on my first weekend back my cousin came up to me and said "Hey my co-worker gave me this old Blackberry. Do you want to trade me phones for it?" (I had a samsung bar phone at the time) and i really wanted to feel important so i got the BB....it was probably the first BB ever invented and i believe it was a 6230 which is ancient. So i got used to it and fell in love with it!! of course it wasn't color screen or web capable but it was my bb and i loved it. Then, tragedy struck...my precious companion was stolen. I felt naked without my BB at my side and i had to switch to an old SLVR I had. Anyways, that first nice paycheck came out and I went to the Tmo store and got my BB Curve which i absolutely love and wouldn't trade for anything (except maybe a newer BB like a Bold or a Javelin ) So yes, I am addicted and I say that with pride and a smile on my face....now, i don't know what i would do without my BB!!!
    08-27-08 12:54 AM
    I fully acknowledged my addiction when I left my phone at home *gasp* To this day I'm not sure how it happened, I was in a rush, I thought it was in my bag, it wasn't. I was already late for a meeting so I couldn't drive the 1 hour back home for it. I felt like a proper addict; twitching, itching skin, ghost vibrations, nail biting, distraction. Now I check twice before the car leaves the garage
    08-29-08 07:55 PM
    Awsome thread!

09-07-08 11:09 AM
    Sith? Jsanders? Hey guys haven't seen ya in a while! BBF stopped working on my danged Vista laptop, I was furious.
    09-23-08 04:33 PM
    Hmm, I'm scared to even post my story because I'd like to think of myself as somewhat "normal", and by sharing my feelings towards my blackberry on this site will only save it for posterity, but here goes... (I figure that if even ONE person out there nods their head when reading my story, with a deep feeling of empathy and understanding...then it's all worth it !!!).

So it's not that I have "one" instance of obsession, but every minute of every waking hour seems to be some homage to my addiction...lets see...does anyone else here sometimes find themselves just holding their bb of choice, and without even pressing down, just find their thumbs always absently scrolling their trackball...the feeling of the rolling underneath their thumbs a strange comfort? Do you sometimes fidget with your bb...re-reading messages and texts that you've read before for no apparent reason but to just be interacting with the thing??? It's the first thing you look at in the morning and the last thing you see before bed...sometimes waking up in the middle of the night (maybe a dream woke you up, who knows) and your first instinct is to look for a red blinking thing on your bedside table??? Is any of this sounding familiar?

I sit at work on my computer, and I probably glance at my bb atleast once every few minutes. Even if there are no messages blinking, I still press a button to see the screen come alive and to admire the menu...

I ponder sometimes what exactly it IS about this thing that I so adore... I'd like to think that I have functioned perfectly well ever before I purchased my first blackberry (this is my third). My friend asked me last week (she has no interest in bb's or smartphones of any sort) what it was EXACTLY that I loved so much about my blackberry. I had a flood of reasons come to my mind (you know, the form factor-so cute, the unbelievable reliability of the device, the push email, etc...), but in trying to pinpoint the most poignant one, I kinda became quiet. I actually needed a moment to give her a really honest response. And here it is:

I said to her, "You know Laura, I think the reason why I love my blackberry so much is because ever since I've gotten this thing, it's made it so much easier to keep in touch with all of the people that I care about the most". And that's the truth. At the end of the day, what does my blackberry do for me? Keeps me in perfect contact, whether through lightning fast emails, texts (made pleasurable with the Curve's awesome keyboard), Messenger or through PIN #'s with my most important people-family and friends.

So I guess when I say that I'm addicted to my blackberry, it's another way of saying that I'm addicted to my people! Ha ha ha!

Cheers everyone, and cherish your bb!
    Hahaha, you must be my twin! Yes, I like to just scroll the ball, light it up just to see the screen, everything you said!
    09-23-08 04:39 PM
    Lol. I re-read my text and emails all the time! And the absent scrolling seems pretty normal for any BB user lol

09-23-08 09:15 PM
    Lol. I re-read my text and emails all the time! And the absent scrolling seems pretty normal for any BB user lol

Amen. Its how I interact with the world. I think I even love it more than my dog.

09-28-08 08:35 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie, who has yet to receive his BB Bold (getting it on October 6). But, I can say I have a pre-addiction to the Blackberry!

I was just at a bank, waiting in queue. There was a guy sitting cross-legged so casually, thumbing the trackball his BB Curve. His little girl (maybe 8 or 9) was leaning against him, watching what he was doing, with a proud "my daddy's better than your daddy, because he has a Blackberry" smile on her face.

I hated him for such blatant disregard for the BB-deprived, such as myself! It's like I'm a dieter eating warm, soggy celery, and he's got rich, sauce dripping off his chin from his prime rib!

I'm now really looking forward to getting my greedy chubby fingers on that new BB Bold.

I cant wait to be hit by that "new tech toy smell" when I open the box!

*~ Opening Box: Snifff, Ahhhh Yeahhhh ~*

09-29-08 12:19 AM
    My name is Ray and I am a crackberry addict. Here is my store: it all started in july of 08 when I was talking to my friend about different phones and such, I said I wanted a bb and he said I doubt that you'll get one. Well I kept talking to my mom about it and all and well we finally got it. But before this device came into my hands I spent all my time on the computer surfing the crackberry forums reading reviews about the blackberry pearl everywhere I wanted to know everything I could before I got it, I watched video reviews on youtube all day! I'm so serious it was crazy. I waited about a month before I could get it and the were some shipping problems, finally on August 19th it was set to arrive I tracked it the whole time. I woke up willingly @ 6:30 to make sure I didn't miss the ups truck, I sat in the front room so I would hear the truck, I waited and waited and waited, til I thought maybe it will be here 2maro well as soon as I seen the big brown truck I started screaming and singing to my friend whom was on the phone! Suddenly the ups truck stopped 2 doors down I got nervous, then he got back in the truck and came to my house I made sure I stood at the door to flag him down! Once I had the package I ripped it open and found my new glory my blackberry pearl 8100 gold! Well now name 24K. I was so excited I called everyone you would think my wife just delicred a baby! Haha. And I have been addicted since and I love bbm, and everything. Mind you it wasn't much 4 me to learn once I got the device because I had already learned so much on here I knew everything lol! And no its really early in the morning something like 1 or 2 something and I'm posting to crackberry. Me and 24K are never parted. And I'm sorry for year extemely long post! Haha

10-13-08 01:25 AM
    Ok I'm sharing my addiction coz 1) I need somebody to tell me that I'm a dummy and 2) I need help coz I'm an addict! Ok here goes...

I realized my full blown addiction yesterday...its an eye opener! It all started when I got my 1st Blackberry 5mos ago. I purchased a BB 8120 pearl for my 1st bb. I got hooked from the get go. Couldn't put it down even for a min..absolutely amazed on how awesome the phone is. Then I discovered Crackberry 2 weeks later.. Got all the good tips, advices, help met new people and made new cool friends. So now I'm always on CB on my work computer, home computer, on my BB, Viigo...it suplemented my BB addiction. I always make it an excuse to use my BB. I'm totally addicted to both. Then I got tired of my pearl I wanted a new BB. Everybody around me from friends, coworkers, bosses and some family members uses the curve. it felt like I'm behind the power "Curve" get it. Anyway, with my spontiniety, my impulse decision making and addiction combined all together I bought I brand spanking new Sunset Curve 8320. I wanted to wait for the new curve/javelin 8900 but I'm really jonesing for a new Bb. I don't know how to alliviate the addiction. I'm still gonna buy the new curve8900 when it comes out..I shelled out a lot of money for this phone..No regrets coz I love this phone, I couldn't wait any longer! I'm a functioning addict I know that for a fact but I need some constructive insight, advices/help from you guys. Now I have a brand new curve and an a 5mos old pearl..patethic? Dumb? Or do I have an expensive addiction and I'm functioning addict? Thoughts fellow crackies...thank you!

Last edited by devildoc0612; 10-13-08 at 03:28 PM.
    10-13-08 03:24 PM
    I had a BB back in 2005. Gave it up and tried different phones (even a Sidekick Slide), then in August went back to a BB. This time around it's been crazy. I can't put it down.

I figured something was wrong w/ me when I dropped it on the driveway last week (it's a Pearl 8120) and I cried. Not only that, but it was in the holster thing, but of COURSE it landed on the top where it wasn't protected and got..... *gulp*... SCRATCHED!

What did I do, after having a moment of silence? Called Tmobile. Told them some b.s story about my phone not working to get a warranty exchange. I can't live with a scratched pearl!

It was kinda legitimate though because my pearl wasn't holding a charge very well anyways. It would be dead by noon if i'd charged it all night and I tried swapping batteries and even swapping chargers. Same effect. So once I scratched it I gave up and ordered a new one.

I also find myself cleaning it... THOROUGLY... all the time throughout the day. Wiping fingerprints off the screen, using Qtips to keep it pristine. LOL... I'm officially nuts.
    10-29-08 02:22 PM
    ok here is my confession,
    I am a blackberry adict.
    I have 3 jobs some times 4 and don't remember the last time I worked less then 90 hours a week. (ok I know that makes me a workaholic but stay with me on this one) so with working as much as I do I have to schedule everything with Claudia (my blackberry's name is Claudia see I told you it was bad) so any way everything that I do has to be checked and verified with Claudia so that I don't double book myself. My saddest moment came when I was at my parents house between jobs one day and I had to change my clothes from one uniform to the other and I actually had to check with Claudia befor I used the bathroom to make sure that I had enought time and that there was no one trying to get my attention. yikes
    I also feel those phantom vibrations
    I feel naked with out her by my side
    here is one more story, I was at a bar one night and untill I got a blackberry I never brought my phone into a bar, (I have a drunk dial problem) so any way I met this guy. I'm 23 and single so I was allowed, any way not the point. We got to chatting and he asked me for my phone number. so of course I whipped Claudia out and took his and gave him mine, at the end of the night he asked me when we could see eachother again, i was a little tipsy and told him that any and all appointments had to be aproved by Claudia, (again the double booking thing) when he asked me if Claudia was my personal assistant or something I took out my blackberry and introduced them, explained that he would have to become friends with her too if he wanted to see me again. Needless to say he didn't call.
    10-30-08 03:52 PM
    I am new to Blackberry and to Crackberry! I just bought a Curve 8230 this last Wednesday, and I am overwhelmed by the MANY things you can do with it AND the data connection together!!

I have yet to read the manual... it's too long!
    11-03-08 10:34 AM
    My addiction started about two years ago when I took a job as a sys admin at a small consulting firm. I was given the BB, an older Verizon one, and I initially saw it as a leash. I didn't want to have this chirping and vibrating box that would have me at it's beck and call. After about a week, I realised that I couldn't put it down. After leaving that company, I had to return the BB to the company, and I got a RZR for my phone, btw the biggest POS on the planet.

About a week or so later I started at my new job, again as a sys admin for a law firm. I was given a choice at that point, of not being on call 24/7 by them not giving me a BB. I took the extra headaches and responsibility for an 8800 Series BB, with the trackball, and at that point thought about calling Betty Ford.

I was there for about 6 months, when I decided that I didn't like working around lawyers, especially stupid ones. I had to give the BB back, but I learned a lot about the BES. I love the thing so much that I convinced my last boss to buy BES and my BB Pearl, which I had until it crapped out about two weeks ago.

That leads into the violence I nearly performed on the poor Best Buy Mobile when he told me that he had no more Pearl and would have to give me an Instinct. I felt the withdrawal! The shakes, urges to commit bodily harm to this person who was telling me that I couldn't have a BB because they were out of Pearls and the Curve wasn't an equal replacement. After a nice "chat" with the manager, he agreed to give me a Curve as a replacement, which I didn't even wait to get home to set up. I sat in my car, and downloaded the newest OS and performed all of my magic there. 2 hours and my GF was wondering where the h-e-double hockey sticks, I was, thinking I was with another woman.

That is my story.
    11-06-08 03:59 PM
    I've been a mobile hardware hacker and fanatic for quite a few years now. I've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000+ hours porting applications to various phones and PDA's running every flavor of WM, Linux, etc.

I developed a project called Neopwn which you may/may not have heard of, and after I released it, I thought that would be the end of my "midnight coffee days" - but here I am typing this pointless post at 12:01am on a Friday night (while the smell of a fresh pot of coffee brews), developing new apps for my Crackberry Bold.

TBH, I didn't like it at first, but like a good crack addiction -- it grows on you exponentially!

(Damn you RIM)
    Last edited by addikt; 11-15-08 at 02:03 AM.
    11-15-08 02:01 AM
    So I'd been waiting for the delivery of my replacement curve for a couple of days, pestering Tmo about the delivery date when I found out those mean ups guys had already made 2 attempts and did not leave a note! Today being the last day they'd attempt delivery, I decided to call in sick rather than risk spending another night without my baby. Setting up my new curve now- SWEET!! And I feel no guilt whatsoever
    11-20-08 11:22 AM
    Well, my addiction spans so far that i've given up sex lol, not on permanent basis mind you but, tha day that i got my pearl was also the day me and my Girlfriend went out shopping, I got my pearl and she got well, lots of other things lmao, anyways some of these things consisted of some very shall we say sexy see through items, so later on that night after we got home and I had tore into the box neatly sat everything out carefully,paying attention to the drool running down my face and to avoid getting it on my pearl, my gf comes out to the computer where I'm sitting all dressed up in a very nice, very sexy, very see through outfit, tempting me to come lol ''play''...at which point I snubbed the offer off and advised her very nicely that ''I got to set up my pearl, and nothing is gonna stop me from doing that" their was more things said then that leaning towards a sexual manner but I'll leave those out for the sake of the people who may read this fomcl, anyways all I can really say on that is i'm lucky my GF ''understands'' and didnt kick me and my pearl to the curb that day.
    You, Mr. Bla1ze, are famous! I read that (^) in a magazine!!!
    11-20-08 04:28 PM
    My addiction is bad, I can't put the phone down..
    11-23-08 10:25 PM
    Hi my name is teewan and I'm a new crackberry addict,Now I've avoided this temptation for quite some time,but recently I've been hearing all the talk about the bb storm phone,so last thursday I decided to stop at my local verizon store on the way home from work and take a peak at it(not planing to buy it,it's a great looking phone with a lot going for it but the touch screen is not for me)anyway the store didn't have one that day so I decided to look around at other phones to get an idea of what phone I wanted next,came across this pretty little pink bb curve(now this was not the first time I saw the phone but it was the first time I picked it up and played with it)I played with it for maybe 15 to 20 minutes and went home,well on the drive home I could not stop thinking about it(why did I leave it in the store?)Anyway I went back to the store 2 hours later and picked up that pretty little pink bb curve and I can't put it down,its way better than any phone I've had so far and I've had a lot a smart phones in the past but this phone is smart and fun...
    I love this site and I've learned a lot about my blackberry already....
    11-25-08 03:16 AM
    It's not uncommon for me to spend much time at work texting and BBM'ing people, talking on Gtalk, surfing CB and reading articles in Viigo all from my blackberry. I also tend to wake up in the middle of the night with an urge to check it and see if I have new messages, what's going on around the CB thread or just to see who's online.

It's pretty bad...and I've only got a pearl. Once I get my bold in a couple weeks I'm sure it'll get even worse.
    11-25-08 11:45 AM
245 ... 45678 ...