alright...so here's my entry for the contest...

i was in my friends car today, heading to lunch, (of course, checking e-mail on my BB), when she asked..."if you HAD to chose one, which one would you give up...your BlackBerry or Smoking??"...mind you, i've been smoking for years, and i really can't think of something more relaxing than having a cig or a nice cigar...but after some long deliberation....i answered, "i guess i would have to give up smoking, cuz i don't think i'd be able to live without my BB...". she laughed all the way to the restaurant.

sidenote: i know, smoking is bad, blah blah blah...i'm actually in the health care profession, so please refrain from lecturing me about how smoking is bad...thanks...
    04-19-07 10:48 PM
    Give up the smoking for real... maybe the CrackBerry addiction could be turned into a good think for your health after all
    04-23-07 10:36 AM
    I don't smoke when using the Blackberry and since I use it so often, I've really cut back on smoking, but being the redneck I am, I'm still chewing so I can chew and BB at the same time.
    04-23-07 11:32 AM
    Here is my story.
    2 weeks ago my wife was cleaning the house and "accidentally" threw out my BB. I asked her if she had seen my BB and she said that she may have thrown it out with some of my "junk". With that being said the trash had gone by then. I quickly called the trash company to find the truck that drives my street. We found the truck but had already dumped the trash. So I went to the dump site and searched for a couple of hours until I finally gave up. I then returned home and went to my local game store and traded my kids xbox360 in for cash and went to my local store to buy a new BB. Well I was 2 minets late!!!! The rep came to the door and said sorry we are closed BLAH BLAH BLAH. I offered him $100.00 to reopen his computer so I could buy my BB. He didn't want to at first, but then he did it!!! So That is my story on how bad I need my crack.....lol!
    Last edited by ClickLeach; 04-24-07 at 06:32 AM.
    04-23-07 06:13 PM
    WOW! That is a good story, but I may have been looking for a new wife. LOL.. just kidding
    04-23-07 10:41 PM
    WOW! That is a good story, but I may have been looking for a new wife. LOL.. just kidding
    That had crossed my mind a couple of times....lol kidding!!!! (hope she isn't reading this!! lol)
    04-24-07 06:34 AM
    "...traded my kids xbox360 in for cash", so sad!

Here is my story.
    2 weeks ago my wife was cleaning the house and "accidentally" threw out my BB. I asked her if she had seen my BB and she said that she may have thrown it out with some of my "junk". With that being said the trash had gone by then. I quickly called the trash company to find the truck that drives my street. We found the truck but had already dumped the trash. So I went to the dump site and searched for a couple of hours until I finally gave up. I then returned home and went to my local game store and traded my kids xbox360 in for cash and went to my local store to buy a new BB. Well I was 2 minets late!!!! The rep came to the door and said sorry we are closed BLAH BLAH BLAH. I offered him $100.00 to reopen his computer so I could buy my BB. He didn't want to at first, but then he did it!!! So That is my story on how bad I need my crack.....lol!
    04-24-07 06:40 AM
    WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO?!?!?!?! Funny side story, my kid woke up the next morning looking for this 360 to be gone! So I had to go out and buy a new one. 1 week later he got his new 360 and everything is back to the way it was....
    04-24-07 06:46 AM
    I Have the CRAZIEST STORY.

A few months ago my Blackberry went off in English Class (1st period). When I had to give it up, I gave my teacher my tracphone.

A month ago, I was suspended for refusing to give my BB 8703e to my teacher, police officer, principle+ after my Spanish teacher saw me with it. So when I had the chance I ran home (down the street) to my house to hide my Blackberry. I was suspended the next day.

Yesterday we had a 1/2 a school day, which I forgot. So in 3rd period I set my alarm for 11am for tomorrow morning, forgeting it was 10:30 am. So in 4th period, the same Spanish class, the alarm went off at 11am. I refused to give my BB up, I cursed and fussed for 10min. Before she called the principle down; I tryed to bribe her $100, then $150-she refused. I fussed and cursed more & more.
    After having my BB taken in the office and cursing everyone in there out. I kicked a few chairs around in the ISS room. As soon as school was out I paid my friend to rush me down to Alltel to get another 8703e ($95 b/c of insurance). Wallace Alltel said they couldn't do it, so I paid him $20 more dollars to drive to Clinton Alltel(20+ miles away) to get it.

I went 5 hours w/out a Blackberry, I never cursed so much before in my life. After I got my new 8703e, I clamed my nerves enough to go to Prom; girl in one hand, fresh Blackberry in another. Im still pissed over the loss of info saved on BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-07 09:26 PM
    Hi All,

OK - time for me to confess this. Yes, I have the usual and typical BB addictions:
    • With me on vacation (on the beach, sightseeing, plays, wherever)
    • At the dinner table in a restaurant (checking under the table-yah, like people don't see ),
    • Trouble turning it off on a plane and in a movie (but do it since I am respectful to others and also want to arrive safely at my destination),
    • On a cruise ship in the middle of nowhere and still have my BB with me waiting for the slice of airspace that will downlaod my messages before the signal goes out again (this I have done in various parts of the world) and on and on but the worst.....
    All of the above seem a bit typical to me but.....
    • I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance for a very rapid heartbeat, very dizzy, very queasy...you get the picture. Before they took me out on this stretcher/chair thing, I had to make sure my BB was with me (same while in the emergency room). Luckily heart is ok - probably food allergy (at Chinese Food right before)....
    ...so....clearly this isn't good!! This really is an example where a BB can be a lifeline (yes, of course I'm addicted)!!
    04-28-07 09:32 PM
    First off, I'm glad to hear you're okay MMB916 because this place just wouldn't be the same without you and your cheery personality

Secondly, wow, some of you have some real issues. I'm glad I'm not that bad

jk
    04-29-07 07:40 AM
    Secondly, wow, some of you have some real issues.
    If I had the time, I could type out EVERYTHING about my Blackberry that earns me the full title of a Crackberry Addict. Even the people at RIM that I know have called me the worse they've ever seen and they've delt with many people. My buddy that works at VZW said that he's never seen anyone like it before.
    04-29-07 08:14 AM
    I have owned practically every single Blackberry device from T-mobile. I have tried on multiple occasions to go back to a regular cell phone and within 48 hours I have re-purchased another Blackberry and immediately call my fave T-mobile rep to turn my Blackberry service back on.

One of the hardest things for me to go through is to resist the temptation to buy each new Blackberry as it is released. Currently I am on the Blackberry 8800 and guess what? I ordered it from T-mobile the day it was released (April 23rd).

I am so addicted that I sold my iPod since my 8800 plays my mp3's and video's. My Blackberry is on about 20 hours a day foe either email, texting or music.

I'm going to try to stick with it and will bite my tongue when the 8300 comes out May 7th. Regardless which Blackberry I am using, I will never ever be able to break this addiction. So yes, I hope I win..I can use the money towards my next BB
    04-29-07 08:37 AM
    Audit: that's because "You're da man!" . CB wouldn't be the same without your help and example of what a 'true addict' is .

Deggie: Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing your addiction with us - do you feel better now .

As some may know here, I have currently have two BBs. I recall when I got my Pearl, that some asked, "Are you going to carry around both of them?" What a silly question that was
    04-29-07 08:42 AM
    jk - wxboss...all of you make it easy to have a cheery personality

And yap, you're right, real issues - but I'm insisiting on stopping to "smell the roses"

First off, I'm glad to hear you're okay MMB916 because this place just wouldn't be the same without you and your cheery personality

Secondly, wow, some of you have some real issues. I'm glad I'm not that bad

jk
    04-29-07 01:54 PM
    I have owned practically every single Blackberry device from T-mobile. I have tried on multiple occasions to go back to a regular cell phone and within 48 hours I have re-purchased another Blackberry and immediately call my fave T-mobile rep to turn my Blackberry service back on.

One of the hardest things for me to go through is to resist the temptation to buy each new Blackberry as it is released. Currently I am on the Blackberry 8800 and guess what? I ordered it from T-mobile the day it was released (April 23rd).

I am so addicted that I sold my iPod since my 8800 plays my mp3's and video's. My Blackberry is on about 20 hours a day foe either email, texting or music.

I'm going to try to stick with it and will bite my tongue when the 8300 comes out May 7th. Regardless which Blackberry I am using, I will never ever be able to break this addiction. So yes, I hope I win..I can use the money towards my next BB
    Wow, you are a real person after my heart. I dont just have a crackberry addiction I have a cell phone addiction. It all started with my very first moto flip phone with extended battery to go along with my pager that all the teens at that time had. From there it was and is a long journey through one carrier to another. My friends would get mad at me because I would switch carriers every other month, just to get a new phone and I would have to give them my new number. thank goodness for the port your number law or whatever. This has saved me a couple of times from telling everyone that I got a new phone. I came across my first bb, which was the tmo's 7100 addition i believe. At the time I had the sidekick / then the moto A990? (the first cell phone to open up to reveal a keyboard) from those two phone emerged my first bb. from then on, it was blackberry to phone to blackberry to phone. and repeat several more time. I just got the 8800, but I started using my 8700 today. and I dont know if I want to stick with this one or go with my pearl. So this is my problem. I dont know which one to use, while waiting for the curve. As a side note: I have drawer in my room at my desk. It is filled with about 20 or so cell phones waiting to be used or sold. And this is after I sold about another 10 phones. I think I have a problem!! haha
    05-08-07 12:25 PM
    I am addicted to BlackBerries. The worst part is, I have only touched one once. I have seen them at the Cingular store, I have seen them at the mall in someones hand, yet I have never owned one. Being a college student the idea of buying something more that a Value meal at a fast food joint is insane. I stumbled across the BlackBerry Curve (8300) and I feel in love all over again. I have a RAZR V3i but I need the curve. I check the forums at least 3 times every hour if I'm in the room to see if there is any news on the release, a new review, any new pictures, something that will help me cope.

You can't make this kind of stuff up. I'm addicted to Crackberries without having one. That is my story and and I am sure it will not get better when I do get a BB

Thanks for your support
    05-11-07 10:57 AM
    Very funny, Gleff and myth - made me laugh

I must say addicted without owning is a new category
    05-11-07 11:04 AM
    You know your and addict when you can figure out what type of BB someone is using by reading about it......
    05-21-07 01:29 AM
    My addiction started out as a group one. A few years back, I was among 6 new hires, each given a "new to you" BlackBerry. Mine, if memory serves, was a 6210 (ah....monochrome...). Within minutes we were sending PINs back an forth, until they were taken away for a week while we finished our training. Already feeling the withdrawal, a few of us began to mime the PINs, and AirBerry was born!!

That device, although quite used before I got it, survived dogs, dance floors, the beach and such. I then graduated to the 7780 and everyone was drawn to COLOUR screen!!! I treated that one like it was my first born. The usual Monday "Wing Night" at the local pub was diferent at that point, i required dozens of wet naps in order to keep up with the messages.

It got to the point where my friends & co workers' significant others would hide their Berrys to keep them from talking to me.

As I moved across the country, I had to leave my Berry behind at work. I couldn't get used to a regular cellphone. My new job offered me a Treo 650, it wasn't the same. It's like trying to replace your new computer with a COM64. I found someone who wanted to trade for a 7130 and I finally filled that empty void in my life. I missed being nagged at from my wife, I missed the aching digits on my hands, I missed the connectivity.

I am home...
    05-22-07 02:01 PM
    Welcome Home, blundell! I completely get it - especially the COM64 analogy

My addiction started out as a group one. A few years back, I was among 6 new hires, each given a "new to you" BlackBerry. Mine, if memory serves, was a 6210 (ah....monochrome...). Within minutes we were sending PINs back an forth, until they were taken away for a week while we finished our training. Already feeling the withdrawal, a few of us began to mime the PINs, and AirBerry was born!!

That device, although quite used before I got it, survived dogs, dance floors, the beach and such. I then graduated to the 7780 and everyone was drawn to COLOUR screen!!! I treated that one like it was my first born. The usual Monday "Wing Night" at the local pub was diferent at that point, i required dozens of wet naps in order to keep up with the messages.

It got to the point where my friends & co workers' significant others would hide their Berrys to keep them from talking to me.

As I moved across the country, I had to leave my Berry behind at work. I couldn't get used to a regular cellphone. My new job offered me a Treo 650, it wasn't the same. It's like trying to replace your new computer with a COM64. I found someone who wanted to trade for a 7130 and I finally filled that empty void in my life. I missed being nagged at from my wife, I missed the aching digits on my hands, I missed the connectivity.

I am home...
    05-23-07 12:33 AM
    I have to say I'm a BB abuser. I love mine more than anything even my old lady get mad because I'm attached to this thing. I'm talking about I don't evn carry my lap top hardly anymore. And the iPod forget it. I got one of them Sandisk 2 GB memory sticks (which is by the way is supported on the Pearl) and got my music for days. And even through the screen on the pearl is small I still got the music videos and as of right now I got the boot leg of Shrek 3 on there. Shrek 3 guys just came out. Not only is the media good but I also cannot live without email and my PIN messages. And the BB messanger is a charm. Not to mention with any of these applications the sure type is even better then the predictive text. Man I love my pearl. Not to mention the camara. It's not 4 mp or nothing but man once you upload the photos to a omputer or even send them in an email it's great. But you got to love the push services. I have to say that iPhone don't have nothing on the pearl. Just the touch screen maybe but who cares mine is small and its something for the grown men and not the boys.
    05-23-07 04:22 PM
    Welcome Kenny J, glad you love your BB!
    05-23-07 10:15 PM
    Hi Everyone. I most certainly am one of the addicted. I show all of the usual signs of a "user." I've been a mobile device junkie since the 90s when I started with a digital pager. Funny how that used to be "The Thing" to have. My mother hated it at first because she felt people would think I was a drug dealer. I suppose there was some validity in as I was only a teenager. However, she soon learned the benefit of what quickly became my "digital umbilical cord." ha! Fast forward a few years and I'm off into the "Wild Blue Yonder" carrying a Motorla peanut phone on the old AT&T network. That did me in, I knew I was never going to be without a mobile phone again. I went through several phones and service providers and ended up with Sprint and a very basic Samsung vision phone. Again, there was no going back; only forward. I had web access, instant messenger, and email (access via the web anyway.) I toted that device around for far too long. I finally made the move into the Smart Phone sector. Did I find my Blackberry and live happily ever after? No way. I met the untrustworthy, lying, and sometimes down-right abusive Palm aka Treo 600. We had a rocky relationship that ultimately ended in violence and Treo's demise. Treo spent it's last dying breaths on a cold cement floor, broken and torn with me in a vulgarity laced rage. I'm not proud of it. But, I don't miss that floozie. Not a bit. I went back to the Vision phone, and managed to last a few months. When I simply couldn't take it, I buckled and decided to try the Blackberry family. I knew they were expensive (not just the device, but the service.) So, I had never really considered. But, I finally rationalized "what good is this life and spending countless hours a day in the lab worth if I don't have the things I want?" Two days later my 8703e was delivered, and I can not remember ever being as excited. Part of it was the release from the confines of my old junker Samsung. But, part of it I believe, was premonition. Somehow, I knew everything was going to be alright now. I was at peace. Well, my feelings proved true. I'm am obsessed with my little Crackbuddy. My wife has been infuriated by it on more than one occasion. But, what she doesn't know is, she may be getting a brand new 8830 in July as a 1 year anniversary gift. Man, I've got it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
    05-26-07 02:35 PM
    @ Kilted Baradley - sure the anniversary present isnt for you

And to all - you know you are addicted when you do double space on a pc for your full stop !
    05-26-07 02:58 PM
245 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD