mines not working i downloaded the im+ now its not turning on, help please!
    04-06-08 04:06 PM
    sorry double post
    Last edited by CappinHoff; 04-06-08 at 04:25 PM.
    04-06-08 04:17 PM
    mines not working i downloaded the im+ now its not turning on, help please!
    Wrong section.

Go here BlackBerry Pearl 8110, 8120, 8130 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    04-06-08 04:24 PM
    Let me sum it up this way. 90% of my CB posts get done while I am at work. LMAFO all the way to the bank. Guess it is a good thing that my whole office is a buch of crack heads
    04-06-08 04:57 PM
    Hi everyone. This is my very first post ever. I can't take it anymore. I don't even own a blackberry (yet!!!) and I'm addicted. I'm patiently waiting for the 8330 to come out from sprint, and I'm suffering terribly. I'm constantly reading forums, (crackberry.com of coarse) just looking for something to satisfy my craving. I feel a twitch developing. My wife is about to divorse me(just kidding) and I don't even have my precious curve in my possession. I NEED HELP!!!!! I NEED A CRACKBERRY!!!!
    04-12-08 02:46 PM
    Hmm, I'm scared to even post my story because I'd like to think of myself as somewhat "normal", and by sharing my feelings towards my blackberry on this site will only save it for posterity, but here goes... (I figure that if even ONE person out there nods their head when reading my story, with a deep feeling of empathy and understanding...then it's all worth it !!!).

So it's not that I have "one" instance of obsession, but every minute of every waking hour seems to be some homage to my addiction...lets see...does anyone else here sometimes find themselves just holding their bb of choice, and without even pressing down, just find their thumbs always absently scrolling their trackball...the feeling of the rolling underneath their thumbs a strange comfort? Do you sometimes fidget with your bb...re-reading messages and texts that you've read before for no apparent reason but to just be interacting with the thing??? It's the first thing you look at in the morning and the last thing you see before bed...sometimes waking up in the middle of the night (maybe a dream woke you up, who knows) and your first instinct is to look for a red blinking thing on your bedside table??? Is any of this sounding familiar?

I sit at work on my computer, and I probably glance at my bb atleast once every few minutes. Even if there are no messages blinking, I still press a button to see the screen come alive and to admire the menu...

I ponder sometimes what exactly it IS about this thing that I so adore... I'd like to think that I have functioned perfectly well ever before I purchased my first blackberry (this is my third). My friend asked me last week (she has no interest in bb's or smartphones of any sort) what it was EXACTLY that I loved so much about my blackberry. I had a flood of reasons come to my mind (you know, the form factor-so cute, the unbelievable reliability of the device, the push email, etc...), but in trying to pinpoint the most poignant one, I kinda became quiet. I actually needed a moment to give her a really honest response. And here it is:

I said to her, "You know Laura, I think the reason why I love my blackberry so much is because ever since I've gotten this thing, it's made it so much easier to keep in touch with all of the people that I care about the most". And that's the truth. At the end of the day, what does my blackberry do for me? Keeps me in perfect contact, whether through lightning fast emails, texts (made pleasurable with the Curve's awesome keyboard), Messenger or through PIN #'s with my most important people-family and friends.

So I guess when I say that I'm addicted to my blackberry, it's another way of saying that I'm addicted to my people! Ha ha ha!

Cheers everyone, and cherish your bb!
    04-12-08 10:59 PM
    wow and I was thinking I was bad I'm nothing compared to some of these stories. see I work the midnight shift at phila. airport ( FBO ) and my wife got me a t-mobile 8320 what a phone we have WIFI at work and some of my co-workers have blackberrys to whether it's on line or just play. I hit my 1000 text message limit wow didn't think it was possible to do that I find my self taking it every where with me I think I can say I have a crackberry addiction my wife and kid's tell me I need help I cant seam to put it down. thanks for the time
    04-16-08 01:47 PM
    First a warm up.... I got really tired of hearing my best whine and ***** about his phone always acting up. And ive taken my share of "addict" taunts and teases about the quality time i spend with my "BaBy"

I love my Bby

Standing next to him on the deck, i held out my lifeline... And let it drop to the flagstone 15 ft down...the popping sound being the battery and cover disengaging during the bounce.

She booted right up.

and he stood there slackjawed....

Thats my girl !!.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 12:17 AM
    edited out
    Last edited by kasperapd; 05-26-08 at 10:25 PM. Reason: poor taste
    05-17-08 08:24 AM
    I had cervical spine surgery about 5 weeks ago. My friend who was there with me said when I was coming out of the anistesia, one of the first things I asked was if he still had my BB and could I have it back.

I kept it and the charger by my bed all during my recovery so I would not be bored.
    05-21-08 08:49 AM
    Ok the one day I took my BB Pearl out of the case to show the case to a friend, I dropped it. It has two tiny chips on the front left corner... I want a new one - now!

It works fine, has never let me down, but now it's you know - not perfect anymore. The screen is fine, I think I got this in... January, so it's only been 5 months, but I want a new one... is there therapy for this??? Seriously you can feel the chips more than you can see them, but it's not the same... *sigh* and it's my first one too...
    06-09-08 12:30 AM
    wow @ some of these stories lol

great post
    06-09-08 12:39 AM
    First off I am a gadget freak...I normally purchased palm treos and htc ppc devices.

I bought my first bb on May the 9th...Now I am with Sprint and they kept delaying the release of the Curve...Each night on the week of May 9th -I would stay up until 12 am eastern time/9pm my time and I would have to be up to go to work at 4am to see if it was on Sprints website. Finally the 9th came and I ordered it at 9:10pm...I hated I had to wait the throughout the weekend for DELIVERY.

Monday I called in sick because I wanted to wait for my baby to be delivered. I prepared dinner early in the afternoon for my husband. I wanted late afternoon to play and learn my new gadget.

When the phone came I was in heaven...I really really love my BB curve. I get in trouble all the time from my husband because I am constantly on it. I think I might have to buy him on so he can appreciate why I am sooo addicted.

At night I sometimes wake up and I look over at my baby on my nightstand just to make sure I have plugged him in. It really is like crack....
    06-14-08 07:08 PM
    I decided that I would stop using Nokia phones. Because Iheard of the BB phenomenon. So I decided to get one on contract and I have been addicted ever since I spend on average 5 hours a day on it. I take it everywhere with me I even take it into bathroom and even have it on the table when im at restaurants although the RSI from the keyboard hasn't set in yet!!!!
    06-14-08 08:07 PM
    I was at the Phantom of the Opera this evening, been waiting for months....the first act was well over an hour and a half, and I was being tortured by the msgs/IMs/emails/Viigo threads I was missing! I was chewing my nails and shifting my legs just waiting for the lights to go up so I could check my berry to see what Id missed! I cant go 5 minutes without checking mine! lol
    06-21-08 05:40 AM
    Hello, My name is Mike.........and I am an addict.......
    07-08-08 07:49 PM
    I wanted a BB so bad, I made my mom let me use her old 7250 instead of my newly released Samsung A706 last year.

Yes, I traded in the first phone with Vision capabilities for a full keyboard and beautiful menu screen. Needless to say, I have never had a cell bill over $50 with that dino.
    07-27-08 03:24 PM
    I need help. Two nights in a row I've had dreams about Black Berries. The one I had the other night was that next month wasn't August, thus I had to wait like 3 months before I could do an early upgrade. For some reason in my dream the months weren't in order and Sept and Oct were before August.

Last nights was just a random dream about a black berry and me using it.

Sad thing is, I don't even have a blackberry yet.
    Last edited by Gavihn; 08-03-08 at 09:24 AM.
    08-03-08 08:59 AM
    I wanted to wait for addict status before I came in this room. I know, weird. I don't have one addict story. I spend my time at CB learning, browsing, reading and trying to help people. You, live up to CB standards. Nothing is more satisfying than reading a "you guy's are great, you saved me" post. Hopefully I keep on learning and my BB skills grow so my help keeps getting better.

This post doesn't qualify for any prize, I'm just trying to put in words why I like it here so much. I love seeing my friend bmc flying around helping eveyone he can, AG putting it all in perspective, Lex cutting through the cr*p, stoner finding a solution, jenay showing up with the perfect comeback while looking out for people, garz finding the hard to find "official" link, and set another plate beautiful cate with the funniest posts. Too many great people to list them all. CB is about the best on-line community I have ever been to. I'm glad I found it.

08-03-08 02:53 PM
    and set another plate beautiful cate with the funniest posts.
    you're too sweet.
    08-04-08 02:16 AM
    Aw, , I'm a flirt. Can't help it.

08-04-08 03:03 AM
    I've been in love with my crackberry since the day I got her. I didn't realize I had a full blown addiction until my crackberry addiction started replacing other addictions. I am the manager of a financial institution and some days are just insanely boring. I smoke and often smoke just because I am bored, not even for the nicotine. I was smoking over a pack a day but since getting my crackberry I have noticed I smoke less cigs! I went from over a pack a day to smoking a whole pack in two days. My crackberry really makes me forget about wanting to smoke. Now if I could just figure out how to drive and successfully be on my crackberry I would never have time to smoke again!

Forget the patch--get a crackberry!!!
    08-10-08 11:18 AM
    Well let's see where to start, I had a 7250 that had the following done to it and it still worked when I gave it to my son.

1. Ran over by a fully loaded gravel hauler semi when it fell out of my holster while running across the freeway.

2. Dropped in saltwater while fishing in Florida, had to dive in real quick and dive deep to get it before it ended up at the bottom.

3. Baby daughter at the time was playing with it in the back seat and it went out the window of our car doing 80mph on another vacation.

4. Dropped in tub when giving kids a bath, didn't notice it until we drained the tub 1 hour later.

5. Fell down/actually kicked down 15 flights of concrete stairs by some kids after it fell out of my holster, as I was chasing them, they were kicking it further down the stairs.

6. Dropped more times then I care to count.

7. Fell off roof of house onto concrete driveway, 14 ft exactly. Battery cover and Battery popped off and after I put them it, it worked just fine, just scuffed up some.

8. Stepped on by a horse while visiting my aunt and uncle at their farm.

9. Was used for 2 shots as a target by my son's friends one day with their paintball guns. My son used it to call my wife and had it with him on the Deck so I could sleep and one of his friends grabbed it, set it up and shot the back of it twice with his paintball gun.

---------End of Abuse that I can remember, still recoverying from a stroke so memory isn't that solid -------------------------
    ok i thought i was bad but i think yours should be wrapped in bubble wrap
    08-11-08 03:07 PM
    First of all, I just want to say that my blackberry has ruined relationships, and many other things, however I still love it..

The end of a relationship/begining of a new one--
    It all started one night when my girlfriend became very upset at something that made no sense to me, after arguing for about 30 min I finally got the truth out of her. She said that she was tired of me constantly being on my blackberry (a lot of my use was business, seeing that I own my own company). It actually ended up seperating us for a couple weeks.. We are now back together, and I try very hard to limit my use of my bb when I am around her...

08-11-08 08:35 PM
    First of all, I just want to say that my blackberry has ruined relationships, and many other things, however I still love it..

The end of a relationship/begining of a new one--
    It all started one night when my girlfriend became very upset at something that made no sense to me, after arguing for about 30 min I finally got the truth out of her. She said that she was tired of me constantly being on my blackberry (a lot of my use was business, seeing that I own my own company). It actually ended up seperating us for a couple weeks.. We are now back together, and I try very hard to limit my use of my bb when I am around her...

i think all you needed to do is tell her ok ok ok ill get you your own bb lol lol
    08-12-08 01:03 PM
245 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD