i got my First tattoo on my ribs and from what im told its the most painfull spot along with the tops of your hands and feet but really the only thing that hurts is the outline the shadeing felt like a vibrateing massage thingy going over my side but the outline felt like a bee was stinging me over and over again in a row its probly about a 7 or 8 out of 10 but i like your idea it sounds really cool
    07-13-10 07:07 PM

Like I said, I had this big plan for a tattoo, went and got the first outline and immediately lost my job. Now money goes towards more important things.

My only regret is that I can't finish what I started, at least for a while. It will be what I want it to be one day.

And hey everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 10:20 PM
    For me it was the outline that was more painful than the shading, of course mine had more black for the lettering and such, so I didn't have much coloring done.

The pain isn't really terrible, it's more annoying than anything. I've only got one on my left upper arm, and when the guy was doing it, I started to get REALLY hot. Once he got me a glass of water, I was perfectly fine, I could have let him tattoo me all day long, as long as I was sipping water I was good to go.

The itching I can relate to. Once the tat scabbs up it'll start to itch as it heals, much like any cut or abrasion. DO NOT START SCRATCHING IT or you risk loosing some of the color if you pull off the scabs. I remember one night I was dreaming that my tattoo was itching, and I woke up to my hand scratching down on my arm. I shot out of bed and ran into the bathroom to make sure I didn't mess anything up!

They're pretty cool, I've wanted to get another one, I just don't know what I'd get. Good luck!
    07-14-10 02:37 PM
    I've yet to get a good explanation for using Olde English, even from a Mexican. Anyone want to take a stab at that?
    I have yet to find a good explanation why white people get tribal bands or asian letters/symbols.... Never made sense to me...
    07-14-10 03:00 PM
    Smiles everyone, smiles!
    Tatoo, welcome our guests.

Khan!!!!!!
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 07-14-10 at 03:37 PM.
    07-14-10 03:28 PM
    I have yet to find a good explanation why white people get tribal bands or asian letters/symbols.... Never made sense to me...
    I want my name in Korean because I have been studying several martial arts since I was 4.

My first style was Tae Kwon Do which is Korean.

When I was 17 I went to the Nationals and took away 3rd place and was on TV.

I even took a trip to study TKD from my master's master, in Korea.

My Black Belt has my name in Korean on it, and my black belt is one of my proudest achievements.

So getting my name in Korean branded on me is special... For me.

07-14-10 04:16 PM
    See now that's cool. You have a reason/story behind it. Most people that have those types have no significance and put symbols like 'gratitude' or 'loyalty' or other one worded motivational words etc and have no reason what so ever for it to be Asian. And I've heard sooooo many stories of getting the wrong symbol lmao. Like 'yay I got 'Power' on my arm' until they meet an actual Asian person and tells em it really means 'I am weak and I wear panties' or something like that lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 06:20 PM
    See now that's cool. You have a reason/story behind it. Most people that have those types have no significance and put symbols like 'gratitude' or 'loyalty' or other one worded motivational words etc and have no reason what so ever for it to be Asian. And I've heard sooooo many stories of getting the wrong symbol lmao. Like 'yay I got 'Power' on my arm' until they meet an actual Asian person and tells em it really means 'I am weak and I wear panties' or something like that lol.
    ...and then you got jackasses like me who once convinced a kid at a 7-Eleven
    that the Chinese symbols on his arm translated to pork fried rice. True story.

Prada, I am not a tattoo person but if there was ever a good reason to get one
    you definitely have one. Then again I'd not expect less from you
    shaleem likes this.
    07-14-10 07:00 PM
    I want my name in Korean because I have been studying several martial arts since I was 4.

My first style was Tae Kwon Do which is Korean.

When I was 17 I went to the Nationals and took away 3rd place and was on TV.

I even took a trip to study TKD from my master's master, in Korea.

My Black Belt has my name in Korean on it, and my black belt is one of my proudest achievements.

So getting my name in Korean branded on me is special... For me.

Wanna fight?
    07-14-10 07:56 PM
    i thought the black outline hurt the worse. color shading wasn't too bad. i am in the process of having an old tattoo covered up on my right upper arm/shoulder. i have a high tolerance for pain, so i was able to sit for 2 hours straight this last time. two more 2 hour sessions to go...

07-15-10 07:24 AM
    I've had a fascination with all things Japanese since I was a toddler. My godmother lived in Kobe and used to send me Hello Kitty presents and little Japanese things with explanations for what they were etc. Hello Kitty is the one thing I have never, and hopefully will never, grown out of and it was a no brainer that any text I had with the tattoo would be kanji. Besides, 'family', 'love' and 'happiness' would take up faaaar too much space in English!
    07-15-10 07:30 AM
    The Outline wasn't great and the shading of an all black tattoo can hurt. Its a constant poke that goes over the same spots over and over...its hard to do a full black tattoo...usually have to go back to get some spots refilled....

overall, a full black tattoo like this one id give a 7 - 8 out of 10. For me anyway, everyone is different. My son has a few, and they are all color, shadding, not full fill, and he said they weren't bad at all.

07-15-10 07:55 AM
    I love Storm Large's back tatoos.

Maybe I just really like her.......
    07-15-10 09:35 AM
    Wanna fight?
    Wanna wrestle?
    07-15-10 09:42 AM
    Wanna fight?
    Wanna wrestle?
    I'm going to sell pay preview tickets.
    07-15-10 09:49 AM
    Oh Noes!!!

Prada may go down in that fight!

07-15-10 09:58 AM
    ...and then you got jackasses like me who once convinced a kid at a 7-Eleven
    that the Chinese symbols on his arm translated to pork fried rice. True story.
    That is HILARIOUS! hahahahahahaha.

But since others started showing theres, I guess I'll show one. This was my very first one I got in California. Created and designed it myself, one of a kind. Yeah I like Pi

Last edited by Pi Guy 3.14; 07-15-10 at 10:48 AM.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-10 10:44 AM
    I love Storm Large's back tatoos.

Maybe I just really like her.......
    yeah...um....im gonna keep this one...for it's, you know, artistic value.
    07-15-10 11:05 AM
    yeah...um....im gonna keep this one...for it's, you know, artistic value.
    Those of you outside of Portland or and who never watched Rockstar Supernova, you may not know who Storm Large is.

She was a contestant on RS: SN. Awesome singer, and hot to boot. She has her own band called The Balls. She was also just in a one woman show about her life and struggles as a child growing up as a "big" girl in a world of tiny girls. Check out the video for "8 miles Wide". The video is safe, but the audio is not necessarily. Unless your coworkers don't mind a nice, poppy song about the female anatomy.

If you are interested in more..er......neat pics of her, do a google search for Storm Large, Laura Domela. Be warned, some of them are not safe for work, as artistic as they may be.

For those interested in finding out more about her, here are some points of info, and links of interest:

- My fave songs of hers: Ladylike, Beautiful, and many more.....

- her website: Official Home of Storm Large

- Video for 8 Miles Wide:

- Vids from Rock Star: YouTube - storm large rockstar supernova

- Vids from The Balls: YouTube - storm large and the balls

- My fave rockstar vid of her doing Ladylike, with the "What The F*** is Ladylike" changed to "What the What is Ladylike" for national TV consumption:

These are just my opinions here.......if you are not in to her at all, thanks for visiting.
    07-15-10 01:20 PM
    this is mine....one of them anyways...
    Attachment 67374
    07-18-10 09:18 PM
    GASP!!!! zomg AHHHHHH !!!!
    07-19-10 10:26 AM
    lol some people think i'm kidding about my "made in korea" tatt...lol
    07-19-10 10:38 AM
    got my first this year 3 weeks ago .
    I am still thinking of getting 3 or 4 more . For sure it is painfull but once the work has started you just have to think about how nice your ink will be lol
    07-26-13 11:40 AM
    Half my back, full chest, and two full sleeves. They all hurt different amounts. If you want it bad enough you'll be able to get through it.
    The Tattoo Thread!-img_0070_edit.jpg

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    07-26-13 12:47 PM
    i got my First tattoo on my ribs and from what im told its the most painfull spot along with the tops of your hands and feet but really the only thing that hurts is the outline the shadeing felt like a vibrateing massage thingy going over my side but the outline felt like a bee was stinging me over and over again in a row its probly about a 7 or 8 out of 10 but i like your idea it sounds really cool
    No doubt ribs hurt like a...but the sternum and arm ditches hurt the worst for me

Verizon BlackBerry Q10
    07-26-13 12:50 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD