Dear Community,

i am thinking about getting a tattoo but i don't want to just get a tribal (no offense) tattoo. I want to have something that really means something to me! Maybe you guys could help with finding a good idea.

I could imagin getting a familie tatoo. Something that shows each member of our family ( sisters,brother,my mum and dad) with a since or something.

I also could imagin getting a tatto for my experience in the states. I was a foreign exchange student last year and now i got accepted at a University, so I will spend another 4 years in the US.

In addition to that I could imagin getting a tattoo for a high self esteem oder destiny.

My last idea was getting a tattoo that shows that I dont need anybody else but me ( I am not arrogant )...

So could anybody help me with some good ideas? In the first place, I dont want to get a chinese sign or BlackBerry Tattoo

Hopefully you guys can help me,

Thank you Jan
    08-08-08 05:25 AM
    In addition to that I could imagin getting a tattoo for a high self esteem oder destiny.
    ... huh?

Biggest thing is just to find something that has meaning to you - and it sounds like you have some ideas. I would talk to people in your area that have tattoos and get recommendations on an artist. When you get a few, go in and meet with them and discuss your idea, and see what they have to say about it. You could also use something like Google image search for inspiration.
    08-08-08 09:44 AM
    How about a tatoo of the CrackBerry Logo??
    08-08-08 09:55 AM
    Rule #2 depending on what career you're going into should depend on where the tat is going to be located. Example, some law enforcement agencies consider visible tattoos unprofessional. The poor guys and girls that have visible tattoos on their arms have to wear long sleeve uniform shirts at all times. This means during our hot, over 100 degree summers, they melt.

Another example: We just has an interview process for a new unit. For the first time (that we know of) in the history of the department, they requested all applicants show up in their normal everyday short sleeve uniform, instead of our long sleeve dress uniform.
    We guessed that since the position was very high profile, they wanted to see if any of the applicants had visible tattoos.

Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 10:58 AM
    Well I have six of them so here's my advice.
    1. Pick something you know you can live with.
    2. Pick something that has a great deal of meaning to you and will CONTINUE to have a great deal of meaning to you. i.e. I wanted a tattoo of the green m&m when I was younger..... Yeah, that would be embarrassing now.
    3. Finally, as mentioned previously, if you are planning a corporate life, be corporate saavy when picking a place to get inked. I have five on my thigh, and one on my back. I am an asst manager at a Walgreens, in college studying IT. I am. planning a corporate career and I don't think that Corporate America is looking for someone with a neck tattoo.
    08-08-08 11:46 AM
    Well I have six of them so here's my advice.
    1. Pick something you know you can live with.
    2. Pick something that has a great deal of meaning to you and will CONTINUE to have a great deal of meaning to you. i.e. I wanted a tattoo of the green m&m when I was younger..... Yeah, that would be embarrassing now.
    3. Finally, as mentioned previously, if you are planning a corporate life, be corporate saavy when picking a place to get inked. I have five on my thigh, and one on my back. I am an asst manager at a Walgreens, in college studying IT. I am. planning a corporate career and I don't think that Corporate America is looking for someone with a neck tattoo.
    08-08-08 12:29 PM
    Also getting a tattoo soon

08-08-08 02:11 PM
    I have 3 tattoos and they all have great meaning to me

First, decide what you want. Then take about 2 months and draw it on yourself and live with it for weeks. Do you still like it after a few months? If so get it.

Second, location. I would advise against getting an easy visible tattoo, i.e forearm wrist neck etc... Many job opportunities can be lost due to a tattoo, also your parents or family might not be thrilled. All I have to do is throw on a t shirt and you would never know i have tattoos

Third, picking an artist. Shop around. Feel very comfortable with your artist and shop. Inquire about their sterilization, whether they use stainless steel equipment (stainless steel is reused after sterilization, versus aluminum which is only used once both sterile) Pick a design and go with it. Have it stenciled and see if you like it. Decide on shading vs color etc...

Fourth, meaning! Make sure you pick something that you wont regret later. Hence something that has deep personal meaning to you. Only you know what you can live with.

Good luck! Hope you have a good experience

PS : theyre addicting lol

oh and how did your work study pan out? im the same person who helped you convince your dad on why you need a bberry

Here are my tats

Phoenix Rising shaded with "sic vita est, vive ut vivas" in latin. Which means thus is life, so live life to the fullest.

Filipino Stars and Sun with "Lakas and Dangal" in baybayin which means strength and honor

Veritas in old english - means truth (on ribs)
    08-08-08 07:52 PM
    I have 7 tattoos, so I speak from experience when I say get something that is of importance to you. I have spent the past 6 years getting my work done. Remember: tattoos are forever, and you don't want to regret what you get. No one can tell you what is right for you, and don't ever get one just because you want one. Get one for the significance. Also definitely think about placement. I work in a corporate environment, so it was important that I placed mine where they were easily hidden.

Good luck!!

08-08-08 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD