I'm currently a BB fanatic, having gone from a Curve to my current Tour. The only BB that is tempting me now is the Torch but it's on a different carrier anyway so it's a moot point. (I'm on Sprint so iPhone or Torch I'd have to jump ship to AT&T either way).

I just got an iPod Touch and kill me now, I'm falling in love with it but am not loving the idea of having two devices with me so I'm toying with the idea of switching over to a 32gig iPhone. It may not even be a great idea since I may just want to have the versatility of the BB for certain things and just keep the iPod Touch for the media stuff but ........I digress.

My main question is for those who do use an iPhone but who used to be BB users: How was the switch from a qwerty keypad to a touch keypad? I am having a VERY hard time getting used to typing on the iPod Touch screen and wonder if I'll EVER get used to it enough that I won't regret switching over to an iPhone.
    10-24-10 10:46 AM
    I have an iTouch 64gb and I've gotten better at typing on it, but it took quite a while and I'm not as fast at it as I am with my droid 2 using swype or the physical keyboard on that, but that's irrelevant here.

Everything gets easier with practice though and you just need time to refine your technique. If you have wifi available, try doing all of your pposting/browsing from the itouch for practice to see if it will be something you can get used to.

I would be rather surprised if you are ever able to touch type on it though, with no references/cues other than muscle memory to tell you where the keys are.
    10-24-10 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD