Calm down. There is a story on /. about a swimteam coach charged with sending adult message to minors and everyone else in his contacts list.

Source: The Text Message Typo That Landed a Man In Jail - Slashdot

The funniest comment in response to the ./ article is " All too often these days a simple mistake (whether it be sending the message or buying a Blackberry in the first place) is twisted into something that it simply is not: a crime."

I am an avid BlackBerry user and found the comment humorous.
    09-28-12 01:56 PM
    " All too often these days a simple mistake (whether it be sending the message or buying a Blackberry in the first place) is twisted into something that it simply is not: a crime."
    lol ok after I read the article that response was funny. It's sad that the guy gets 18 months in Jail for accidently sending broadcasting a msg meant just for his girl friend. Had he meant to send it, that would have been a different story.
    09-28-12 02:09 PM
    Does seem a bit extreme my only question would be swim coach or not doesn't seem proper to have a couple of 13 yo girls in his contact list.
    Do like the end part of your post2
    09-28-12 02:25 PM
    The only part I meant was somewhat humorous is "a simple mistake (whether it be ...buying a Blackberry in the first place)...twisted into something that it simply is not: a crime..

But I agree the entire incident is ridiculous. The contacts were for the teenage girls on the swimteam that the man coached. @esk369 - Are you saying if you are an adult there should never be any contacts in the smartphone for any minor?
    09-28-12 03:36 PM
    The only part I meant was somewhat humorous is "a simple mistake (whether it be ...buying a Blackberry in the first place)...twisted into something that it simply is not: a crime..

But I agree the entire incident is ridiculous. The contacts were for the teenage girls on the swimteam that the man coached. @esk369 - Are you saying if you are an adult there should never be any contacts in the smartphone for any minor?
    Yes I got the humor in it thats why I looked at this post.
    To answer your question that depends..............what the childs relationship is to the adult ?family, friends aunts uncles, babysitter maybe a coach that's up to each individual parent to make that decision.
    I have people that coach my son in my contact list not my sons I have some of his teachers in my contact list not my sons that's just my parenting style.
    I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way I certainly didn't mean anthing by it
    I was just responding to a thread that I found interesting and humorous in a way .
    But I also watch the news and unfortunately its usually the people that parents put their trust in that do some not so nice things to children and being a parent I choose not to take chances.
    Last edited by esk369; 09-28-12 at 07:35 PM.
    09-28-12 07:30 PM
    Does seem a bit extreme my only question would be swim coach or not doesn't seem proper to have a couple of 13 yo girls in his contact list.
    Do like the end part of your post2
    To be fair, I have kids on my contact list. Part of my job. I also go to extreme lengths to maintain my reputation though (like using GV to archive ALL my texts, and letting parents know this, and also copying parents on all messages).
    09-28-12 09:10 PM
    To be fair, I have kids on my contact list. Part of my job. I also go to extreme lengths to maintain my reputation though (like using GV to archive ALL my texts, and letting parents know this, and also copying parents on all messages).
    I don't have a problem with this as I said its up to the individual parent to decide if its ok.
    I do appreciate the fact that you protect yourself by keeping a record of all messages.
    Its all good for me I'm just speaking about my personal preference when it comes to adults outside family and close family friends corresponding with my child.
    10-06-12 09:55 AM
    I don't have a problem with this as I said its up to the individual parent to decide if its ok.
    I do appreciate the fact that you protect yourself by keeping a record of all messages.
    Its all good for me I'm just speaking about my personal preference when it comes to adults outside family and close family friends corresponding with my child.
    It seems like the only people who use bb's are drug dealers, terrorists, ceos, or child molesters, so...

which one are you?

Sent from da BOLD or maybe mi PlayBook
    10-06-12 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD