Ok. IDK how much more off topic i can get with this one.....
    But I've run out of ideas.

My daughter will be turning 16 at the end of April. She's such a good kid and of course wanted something special for her birthday. Since last year we've talked about having a girls weekend in LA with some of her friends, shopping, going to the beach and looking for celebs.

Well all this changed when my husband changed jobs and took a major pay cut. We can't afford something so expensive not to mention its kind of a long drive (6 hrs) for just a day (if we cut it down).

Just thought I'd throw it out there to all you mom's and teens. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'd like to keep the budget under $800.

Thanks my CB friends!
    02-27-08 11:56 AM
    This thread makes me smile! :]

Maybe manicures, pedicures or some kind of spa treatment. It may sound expensive, but there are tons of places in LA that do a good job & aren't expensive.

Plus, a beach day/celeb huntin' won't be costly as long as you're not driving to every celeb home :]

And as far as shopping, I imagine you won't be picking up the tab for all your daughter's friends, right?
    02-27-08 02:45 PM
    You're right cate I won't be buyin the tag-a-longs much. But after a hotel, lunch and dinner it will add up. I like the idea of a spa day too.
    Thanks Cate.. I'll run that by her.
    02-27-08 02:51 PM
    This thread makes me smile! :]

Plus, a beach day/celeb huntin' won't be costly as long as you're not driving to every celeb home :]

Even if you buy the "Map of Celebrities Homes" that they sell in Hollywood, you won't see anything anyway other than tall trees or fences or wall
    02-27-08 09:40 PM
    Skin Haven Spa Studio - Los Angeles, CA, 90048 - Citysearch

Actual site: skin haven

I heard this place is good and they even have a $20.00 coupon, lol. You may want to call the place and see if you can get a better discount!
    02-28-08 02:54 AM
    awesome. thanks again Cate.
    Optimus,
    Im sure ur right. I don't know anyone who's been on one of those home tours that actually saw a celeb. I'm thinking Robertson Bl and Melrose.
    02-28-08 08:51 AM
    if you need any help, please ask! :]
    02-28-08 12:54 PM
    Thanks cate. Love ur new picture
    02-28-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD