Paddy, they were bagged and tagged the second this started.
    Sounds like a normal evening in the bedroom to me.

We've given song, and now post our crest. So far, all you guys have done is turn me on.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 08:35 PM

AG see how pathetic they are.
    01-31-10 09:16 PM
    Found Javs next meal. Dunno why it just fell on the ground.

01-31-10 09:26 PM
    Team Gemini... huddle up... join the group:

Team Gemini Group

Please bring snacks and decoder rings.
    02-01-10 06:39 AM
    Immunity Challenger #1 will be a a trivia question, an easy one to get things started.

Levi Strauss Jeans has been around for 160 years. This "America's Favorite Jean Company" sells jeans now from $20.00 on up. And people still flock to buy them. How much did Levi Strauss get for his first pair of jeans in 1850, and in what form was the money in.

02-01-10 07:18 AM
    6.00 dollars in goldust
    02-01-10 07:22 AM
    6.00 dollars in goldust
    Correct answer. This Friday Facemob will not be included in the vote out.

02-01-10 07:32 AM
    yes woot!!!!!!
    02-01-10 07:42 AM
    I'm team Javelin too and glad for it! Good job facemob. I was just coming to post the answer.
    02-01-10 07:50 AM
    Team Gemini would like to point out, the correct date was 1853, and all the records were lost, so it's nothing but a bunch of hippie speculation at this point.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

I'm a Survivor Baby!Go Team Gemini

02-01-10 08:13 AM
    Team Gemini would like to point out, the correct date was 1853, and all the records were lost, so it's nothing but a bunch of hippie speculation at this point.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

I'm a Survivor Baby!Go Team Gemini

Source for my dates, and answers. Random Trivia Questions and Answers.

02-01-10 08:17 AM
    Source for my dates, and answers. Random Trivia Questions and Answers.
    An unsourced answer, based on fairy dust... tossing the red challenge flag.
    02-01-10 08:21 AM
    But, press on... coffee is almost ready.
    02-01-10 08:22 AM
    Our source kind sir:

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

02-01-10 08:22 AM
    Well, somedays you're the

others

Someone wanna get me a

Last edited by BergerKing; 02-01-10 at 08:31 AM.
    02-01-10 08:26 AM
    Our source kind sir:

sir, that would indicate that the first "official" Levi Strauss brand jeans sold under that name.

The information that i supplied would be sold on a individual basis. Without being a Levi Strauss, as we know it, branded product..

According to your supplier the first official pair sold around 1870 for $3.00

This question was a team based question, but sold on a one-by-one basis.

Last edited by mjneid; 02-01-10 at 08:38 AM.
    02-01-10 08:33 AM
    Ooooo.....team Gemini is sore losers. Can't wait for the vote!
    02-01-10 08:47 AM
    Ooooo.....team Gemini is sore losers. Can't wait for the vote!
    I wouldn't say the team is a "sore loser"... this was one on one.

Next week will be a team immunity blanket
    (please BBM by monday with your Time Zone so i can make sure it will be during the day for everyone... i hate to post something @ 8o EST and someone still be in la-la land for a few hours.)

02-01-10 08:57 AM
    We aren't disputing the fact that facemob got it correct. We are simply asking for it to be verified that any dates or information in any of the questions are accurate before being asked.

I read through several articles of information and all of them said that he didn't sell his first pair of "jeans" until 1853; the year he left the east coast and ventured into San Francisco.

02-01-10 09:06 AM
    We aren't disputing the fact that facemob got it correct. We are simply asking for it to be verified that any dates or information in any of the questions are accurate before being asked.

I read through several articles of information and all of them said that he didn't sell his first pair of "jeans" until 1853; the year he left the east coast and ventured into San Francisco.

He was working at a wholesale dry goods business in NYC called J. Strauss Brothers & co. by 1850.
    Levi Strauss: Biography from Answers.com

Levi Strauss was born L�eb Strauss in Buttenheim, in the Franconian region of Bavaria, Germany, to Hirsch Strauss and his wife Rebecca (Haass) Strauss. At the age of 18, Strauss, his mother and two sisters sailed for the United States to join his brothers Jonas and Louis, who had begun a wholesale dry goods business in New York City called J. Strauss Brother & Co. By 1850, Strauss was calling himself Levi. [2]
    and shortly after that he saw the possibility of making more money offering goods to the miners in the west. so he moved to the western seaboard so he could offer his goods to those in need.

and according this article, he moved west and started making jeans and pants in 1850. because the current pants of the time we're holding up to the extreme mining conditions of the day. He made them out of burlap/canvas sacks, and in the 1860 started turning them into the jeans we know today....The Deseret News - Google News Archive Search

more to come.... getting links and quotes.

http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/edit/edit1310.shtml

Answer Key

In 1850, Levi Strauss was one of many U.S. immigrants who headed west. Many traveled in search of gold. Strauss had other plans. He hoped to open a store. He carried with him a large supply of blue canvas called denim. He thought gold hunters would need the sturdy material to make tents. Instead, he found they needed sturdy work clothes, so he used the denim to stitch together the first pair of "Levi's jeans."
    http://www.pratthistory.com/timeline.htm

1850 - Levi Strauss creates cotton Levis in California. The first pair sold for $13.50 a dozen.
    and this site adds a little humor to it...

http://www.successcomesincans.com/un...imes/extra.pdf
    Last edited by mjneid; 02-01-10 at 09:49 AM.
    02-01-10 09:29 AM
    somebody hand those gemini some kleenex
    02-01-10 09:58 AM
    He was working at a wholesale dry goods business in NYC called J. Strauss Brothers & co. by 1850.

and shortly after that he saw the possibility of making more money offering goods to the miners in the west. so he moved to the western seaboard so he could offer his goods to those in need.

and according this article, he moved west and started making jeans and pants in 1850. because the current pants of the time we're holding up to the extreme mining conditions of the day. He made them out of burlap/canvas sacks, and in the 1860 started turning them into the jeans we know today....The Deseret News - Google News Archive Search

more to come.... getting links and quotes.
    I know that he was working at a dry goods company in 1850. I read that in each article that I did go through.

That article may say 1850 (it doesn't load on my phone so I can't read it), but the biography you posted just before it says 1853 also.

Strauss emigrated to New York from Bavaria in 1847, then made his way to the San Francisco area in 1853.
    I won't debate this any farther because as stated in the Heritage article from the Levi & Strauss site, almost all of the documents were lost in the earthquake & fires in the early 1900's so no one knows for 100%. Because of this the question should have said 1850's since the actual date isn't known. I know you got the question from a trivia site and they worded it wrong so it is in no way your fault, but their's.

Even if 1850 is correct and not 1853 my request still stands. I trust you would anyway but I'm still asking.

02-01-10 10:03 AM
    I had a thread up on it for days, as a feeler. I know back space showed interest. If he wants in I'll add you two. Since I haven't posted a Immunity Challenge yet

I want to be in... if you can add me in that is...
    02-01-10 03:06 PM
    I want to be in... if you can add me in that is...
    Luckily for you i had old CB timer PM me and wants in... shoot me a PM by 8am tomorrow morning, and you two are game. but you will be involved in this week vote out.

02-01-10 03:27 PM
    I know that he was working at a dry goods company in 1850. I read that in each article that I did go through.

That article may say 1850 (it doesn't load on my phone so I can't read it), but the biography you posted just before it says 1853 also.

I won't debate this any farther because as stated in the Heritage article from the Levi & Strauss site, almost all of the documents were lost in the earthquake & fires in the early 1900's so no one knows for 100%. Because of this the question should have said 1850's since the actual date isn't known. I know you got the question from a trivia site and they worded it wrong so it is in no way your fault, but their's.

Even if 1850 is correct and not 1853 my request still stands. I trust you would anyway but I'm still asking.

Tru dat... i make a solemn swear to Kasi that from this point forward on Survivor, EVERY question for the challenge will have a "final destination" for a definitive answer... without doing massive amounts of research.

02-01-10 03:29 PM
171 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD